Hastur RDTA from Cthulhu Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
I often use Chapstick or Vaseline. Since that particular o ring was in the tank I used the juice I filled it with. Wasn't sure I wanted Chapstick on my coils, lol!
I think chapstick is fine - I used Burt's Bees - but petroleum based stuff like vaseline can crack/erode o-rings over time... just an fyi! ;)

Reactions: MMW

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Do you have calipers you can measure the groove with?

One thing that way work is a 1.5mm o ring with a smaller inside diameter so you have to stretch it.

No I don't have calipers unfortunately. Maybe someone else who has a has turned will be kind and do it for us [emoji16]

I tried a smaller o ring last night. I reckon it was that size but I don't think it made a good seal. I took my first drag of the day this morning and hot molten lava juice went all over my fingers.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No I don't have calipers unfortunately. Maybe someone else who has a has turned will be kind and do it for us [emoji16]

I tried a smaller o ring last night. I reckon it was that size but I don't think it made a good seal. I took my first drag of the day this morning and hot molten lava juice went all over my fingers.

I don't have a Hastur or I would measure it. As you might guess my interest in attys is focused on Boreas and Merlin right now :)

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I don't have a Hastur or I would measure it. As you might guess my interest in attys is focused on Boreas and Merlin right now :)
I know right? I really just got this to keep me entertained until my boreas and supreme arrive. It was totally an impulse buy.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I know right? I really just got this to keep me entertained until my boreas and supreme arrive. It was totally an impulse buy.

Oh, I think I've had some of those :oops:

Yeah, the other reason I haven't had any lately is I spent a fortune the last 2 weeks of January: deductible for my meds went way up, truck battery croaked and furnace broke down. And I still need to replace the crummy burners on the furnace, which I've put off for 2 heating seasons as it is. I don't think they will get through a third though so it will be getting done this spring.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Oh, I think I've had some of those :oops:

Yeah, the other reason I haven't had any lately is I spent a fortune the last 2 weeks of January: deductible for my meds went way up, truck battery croaked and furnace broke down. And I still need to replace the crummy burners on the furnace, which I've put off for 2 heating seasons as it is. I don't think they will get through a third though so it will be getting done this spring.

Kinda sucks when life gets in the way of Vape Gear Purchases.
I'm expecting my Hastur next week :) I bought 2 Supremes yesterday & would like a Boreas
RTA as soon as I can order one :) These new direct Air Flow to the coil RDTA's are the bees knees

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Kinda sucks when life gets in the way of Vape Gear Purchases.
I'm expecting my Hastur next week :) I bought 2 Supremes yesterday & would like a Boreas
RTA as soon as I can order one :) These new direct Air Flow to the coil RDTA's are the bees knees

I know this will sound conceited, but I am so happy with Boreas my Aromamizers are getting replaced :D I did order a Supreme because I want to know how it compares. I hadn't expected them to make it a 25mm atty because the prototype was 22.5mm, so I was pretty upset. But, I want to see the competition :D

I can't get a Hastur yet though because life got in the way (big time).

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I know this will sound conceited, but I am so happy with Boreas my Aromamizers are getting replaced :D I did order a Supreme because I want to know how it compares. I hadn't expected them to make it a 25mm atty because the prototype was 22.5mm, so I was pretty upset. But, I want to see the competition :D

I can't get a Hastur yet though because life got in the way (big time).

The Aromamizer did leave room for improvement, janky AFC ring, not properly lined up Air holes, no Juice flow control, no Top fill. Seems like all these have been addressed with the Supreme, I don't really care that it's 25mm, I have the perfect mods to put them on :) IMO the Supreme is going to be hard to Beat :)
I all ways keep an open mind and If the Boreas is better I will admit it :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Aromamizer did leave room for improvement, janky AFC ring, not properly lined up Air holes, no Juice flow control, no Top fill. Seems like all these have been addressed with the Supreme, I don't really care that it's 25mm, I have the perfect mods to put them on :) IMO the Supreme is going to be hard to Beat :)
I all ways keep an open mind and If the Boreas is better I will admit it :)

I always try to be honest in my assessment so I will as well if the Supreme is :)

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
not too sure about the Hastur yet, hearing some rather mixed reviews....I do trust that they'll get the bugs ironed out eventually.

I would have been more impressed with the Hastur had Cthulhu MOD made the top fill option a screw off top cap such as the Griffin or others. I know they were shooting for ease of filling, but they shot and missed. Oh well.....maybe next time.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I agree. I don't like it on my Criuses (Crii?). I thought at first it was genius until I started using it. Its messy. It gets stuck from the juice. The o ring keeps getting pulled out of place. It was one of those ideas that on paper seemed fantastic, but didn't translate as well to real life.

Reactions: nostradadus

Bobjonson

Mar 15, 2016
Ok so apparently the little o-ring I changed on the chimney allowed s slow leak into the coil chamber. I poured molten hot juice on my finger this morning. I've tried putting the original o-ring back on but when I try to screw the base down part of the o-ring sinks into the connection and part bulges out into the tank. That's what it was doing before I swapped it for the smaller one. Any ideas?

Theres a smaller O-ring in the bag, the one for the chimney is the smallest one it comes with. Same exact thing happened to me, because I lost my original down the drain while cleaning it, I tried the 2nd smallest and it bunched up. Smallest works perfectly though.

Is anyone having wicking issues with this tank? I'm really loving it, but for some reason one side of the deck refuses to wick sometimes. One side will be soaking wet, and the other side bone dry... I think I might try drilling out the wick holes, I had a really similar problem with the aromamizer and that solved it. Other than that, I love this tank, its like an aromamizer on steroids.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hastur is in the house :) First impressions are pretty good, build quality seems to be good!
I built it up with 2 huge 7 wrap spaced 3mm Ti coils. Air flow is massive, top/sidetop fill pretty wanky & the fill hole is small, But with included soft needle tip bottle pretty easy to fill :)
Just got it this morning, as of now I would say it's a lot like the Bellus, with way more air,deck room & capacity. Right off the Bat I'm pretty happy with it :) I guess I will see better after I have used it for a while.

Reactions: nostradadus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread