Hastur RDTA from Cthulhu Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobjonson

Mar 15, 2016
Is anyone having wicking issues with this tank? I'm really loving it, but for some reason one side of the deck refuses to wick sometimes. One side will be soaking wet, and the other side bone dry... I think I might try drilling out the wick holes, I had a really similar problem with the aromamizer and that solved it. Other than that, I love this tank, its like an aromamizer on steroids.

In case any one gets one of these and has the same problem, I figured out a solution to the wicking issues. If you look at how the juice flows down from the tank into the space between the deck and the base, its just simply too narrow for thicker juices. What you can do is get a grinding bit and open up the area underneath the posts, between the wicking holes. I was able to grind it out to about 2mm, and since then I havent had any dry hits anymore.

If youre having a hard time visualizing where to grind out, this would be a view from the top of the deck:

o [] o
/___\

where "o" are the wickholes, "[]" is the post, and /__\ represents the shape to grind out underneath the deck

Reactions: MMW

Tj scott

Apr 8, 2016
The people from Cthulhu Mods are working on an Rdta (like the aromamizer).
Looks like a winner to me.

"Hastur RDTA! -(bigger velocity deck, airflow aligns direct with coil, bigger airflow, threading-free easy top fill, big drip tip, 510 drip tip adapter, just like a RDA!)"

Don't know anything about the price and release date, but i think it will be fair priced.

c85752bb3e3252d23fd52af91a34fb7d.jpg

78d0ee3a1d5ae809722f46c3b48f17fc.jpg

7f02fb9550677b0ca5a89b02377e905c.jpg
How tall is the tank without the drip tip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread