Cuban Cigar anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Admittedly I've been less than thrilled with my generic flavored tobacco carts, so havent thought too much about getting a tobacco flavor. Desert Ship cartomizer (camel?) ok, no real flavor, but definately dries your mouth so at least true to name. But I've been intrigued by the Cuban flavors at several sites. Guess it's sexy, dangerous, whatever. Having smoked a grand total of one real cigar and never a cuban of course I'd have no basis for comparison.

Any ex/current cigar smokers who can comment on Cuban Cigar flavord e-liq?

A flavor description from anyone who's tried it would also be appreciated. Guess I'm in the end more concerned with whether it tastes good vs mimics a cuban cigar, but curious if it's just hype or if it actually comes close.

Tasselhoff

ECF Veteran

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I don't know if this is Cuban, but it's very good...Marcado from Johnson's Creek.

Red Oak Smoke Juice - Marcado

It's very complex, just the right amount of strong vs rich. I was lucky to get a sample of this from someone and it's become a favorite of mine. I'm not a fan of the other flavors they have, but this one is a keeper.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Never tried Cuban...keep in mind they're illegal in the states. Have had some cubanito blends from Nicaragua and some other way south of the border places.

Have tried cuban cigar from HC, and my guess is that they've never had a cuban cigar, either.:laugh: I will say it's a nice analogy flavor, though.

Bella Valencia from Halo was recommended as a good cigar flavor, and it too misses the mark.

The closest I've found is the cigar flavoring from alienvisions ejuice. Pricey, though. I've gotten a good cigar smoke by blending their cuban cigar juice into a bottle of dekang marlboro until it turns a nice amber color.

Hope that helps.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Thanks a lot for the posts. I'll have to mull it over like I do all my PV purchases (2wks to buy first 510 mega starter kit) For some reason (guess it's the illegal in the states thing) I want it. Hey if the FDA wants to ban the stuff it'll soon be in the same catagory.

I bought the DrPepper cause I couldnt resist, so figured I'd ask before buying another flavor on a whim. Now just got to find it a straight flavor for mixing. Maybe someone in DIY has a recipe straight from Havanna.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Where are you buying from? Because Desert Ship & Cuban Cigar are both Flavourart tobacco flavors. If it's the same one I have, it doesn't really taste like a cigar at all to me. I have to mix it with other flavors because by itself, it's kinda hay-like and dry. But I do like it, though. Nice change of pace.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Been a bit around the place mainly buying hardware, DIY supplies from Vaporheads and MadVapes. Still working my way into the FLAVOR scene :D Madvapes is one of the ones with a premixed Cuban cigar, but I bought the DrPepper on a whim and was a little reluctant to buy another flavor based on name alone. 8-o

Then also have a bit of a catch. The flavor is ultimately meant for my stepfather who just LOVES the taste of tobacco and having a hard time with sweet stuff. But he has to watch his nic, so if I get 24mg it will have to be cut or an occasional treat.

Of course none of this matters if it's just another generic tobacco flavor with a catchy name and all. I've got some Desert Ship cartos vaperheads threw in my order coming that should at least help with his conversion, since he likes them, but like you said tastes like hay to me and drys the top of my mouth something fierce. Not bad persee, just not my thing.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I got hold of a sample of want2vape cigar flavor called Alcazar.
It definitely tasted like a cigar to me. Not sweet at all. Slight bit harsh like the real thing.

BTW, never smoked a "Cuban " cigar but been told by others that supposedly had that its all hype. No real difference from other quality cigars out there. Just what I was told. My favorites in the past were Arturo Fuentes and Macanudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread