Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
That is a shame, wv2win..

Can you recommend a decent set up, that won't break the bank?

Sure, the best "bank for the buck" PV on the market is the Vamo ($27 - $39; $55 - $72 with batteries & charger)

The Vamo is variable watt which is an advantage over VV, in that it is basically "set & forget". It recognizes the resistence of whatever atty/carto you are using and automatically adjusts the power to match your original setting. If you change to a different ohm carto/atty, it will adjust. As you vape, any atty/carto's resistence changes with use. The Vamo will adjust power to maintain your preferred power setting.

It has a 5 amp switch, so you don't have to worry what atty or carto you use and whether it can handle it. The batteries cost about $11 instead of the $25+ you pay for Twist/Spinner type batteries. And the batteries last twice as long before needing replaced in comparison to the Twist type batteries. And as a heavy vaper, I will get about 8 - 10 hours on a charge with good Efest or AW batteries. It can also be made smaller in size if that is important to you. Here is a reveiw and a good site that sells them:

A PBusardo Review - The Vamo - YouTube

VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

Good Luck

Tip: if you do get the Vamo, make sure you use it in RMS (N02) mode and adjust your power setting in watts.

Last edited:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I second the Vamo if you are on a budget. You can get a full kit, Vamo + 2 batts + charger + 2 Clearos for $52 on fast tech.com free shipping, they are on china but are famous for always delivering and quickly (I have ordered 3 times from them, 0 problems)

Go to vaporjoes.com and search the site, I think he has a link and a coupon for the kit

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Kay.. think I was looking at that and the k100??
I have a battery supply place close to where I live.. and well.. I don't think I want anymore airy juice containers.. no thanks!! :laugh:
Angelsbreath is sending me an evod, and I have another friend sending me a sample of wiring and wicks.. and the choices.. and well..

But you all, specially you wv2win and dhomes, think I might just go with your suggestion.. after looking at the issues with the scopes.. the leaking into the battery, and yes I know.. use a rubber gasket to stop it.. I just need something that AI can tinker with, but yet still dependable.. will be tinkering with juice too next month, so looks like I will be a busy Smoky!! Do you guys think the evod will fit the vamo?? forgot specs off the top of my head.. but looking to get a pyrex/glass sometime.. since I want to try making some juicy recipes :D Once I find my zone and gizmos, I do plan on donating my ego's to someone that can use them :vapor:

I still am curious, as to how much and what comfort level we all use juice.. reasoning is that I am trying to find some kind of level, that I can feel comfy in, without breaking my budget..

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
However, I have two 1300Mah spinners that will be arriving with tomorrows vape mail. I really like the feel and functionality of ego twist style batteries, but to me the 600s feel just right but don't me enough vape and the larger twists are just too tall and feel disproportionate..... so I actually think they will become a regular part of my system.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
that sounds cool :toast:

Was reading on your tank:

Quick-tip - once its half empty you can depressurize it by removing the screw for 15 sec. This alows E-liquid to flow into the carto freely to help prevent a dry hit. Another tip for a dry carto - take the screw out and vape normally until you hear gurgling, replace screw and continue vaping. This tip can lead to flooding if done too long but works great for those rare cartos that just don't want to absorb e-liquid.

from their website.. that's a cool set up, BigBaby!! thanks! :p

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
However, I have two 1300Mah spinners that will be arriving with tomorrows vape mail. I really like the feel and functionality of ego twist style batteries, but to me the 600s feel just right but don't me enough vape and the larger twists are just too tall and feel disproportionate..... so I actually think they will become a regular part of my system.

Don't take me wrong, my ego's are still going.. its my carto's that aren't making me happy.. but here is another thought.. how much juice do you go thru with the provari versus the egos?? :p

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
I don't really know but I do think my juice consumption is fairly erratic compared to most people's. In general I probably go through more with my provari, because It is my main and what I use for full or even high voltage vaping using a lot of battery and a lot of juice. I usually use an ego as a secondary, a lot of times with just a regular carto or dripping atty and usually for my mellow slightly lower voltage vaping.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
that sounds cool :toast:

Was reading on your tank:

from their website.. that's a cool set up, BigBaby!! thanks! :p

I love them, and will have 2 more tomorrow. I think they are an incredible tank for the money, the functionality factor is awesome, and for me they just work great. I would advise anyone who likes carto tanks to try one, but I will admit that I see how some people will not like them. Some will think they are ugly and some people will not like the rubber grommets compared to end caps. I love the fact that instead of regular end caps they are basically giant squishy o-rings like caps.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi

Just thought I would chime in... I started on Ego's/Clearos and was at about 2ml per day.. not concerned at all with how much I vaped as long as I wasn't smoking ickys :) I quickly grew weary of carrying around a spare battery and feeling like I wasn't getting a strong enough hit from the egos. I switched to a T3 clearo which had a much airier draw than I was used to but I really liked the cooler vape from the bottom coils.

After a ton of research on what mod I wanted to get (Vamo, Smok Zmax, Segeili Zmax (Im sure I spelled that wrong) and Provari I finally took the plunge and bought the Provari. Yes, it is pricey and yes... it does actually feel like its worth it. I do not regret spending the money on it. It just pushed my break even date out a little is all. I have since started vaping 50/50 juice through a Kanger Pro-Tank and am very happy with it.

I can ell you that I noticed my juice consumption go up quite a bit after getting the Provari - I cant be sure if its because the added voltage (over and above what the egos put out) is to blame... or its because I am hitting it so much more frequently because it is sooo much better! Either way I suspect I am at 4-5 mils per day now. Also, after getting the Provari I have had to cut back the nic level from 18 to 12. Again... so many variables so I am not sure if that is because I am getting a better vape, enjoying more vapor, hitting it so much more, or just needing less nic the farther I am away from smoking.

I have ordered a cheap RDA and RBA that hasn't shown up yet (should indicate where they are shipping from) so I can comment on them yet. My first DIY juice order is on the way also... so I don't really think I will be worrying about how much juice I vape up.

Hmmm.. don't know if I helped too much... but congrats for staying off of ickys and getting started in vaping. :)

Geo

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I'm not sure if this thread is helping me or?? but I am enjoying this.. it's making me think on a ton of variables. Thanks!

It also makes me happy to see the different things we all use.. and yes ymmv.. :laugh:

I think I am understanding on how spent cartos/atties/tanks, and higher power effects the vapor-er.. however what I still find cool is how much it all fluctuates..

I think the DIY on both the unit and juice is kewl and the variations are making me think.. is it literally going up in vapor? or it is intake from us?

**I refuse to admit, but last night, was changing out one of my cheapos lmao.. and I ended up spilling my juice.. so there went a full tank, aggg!!!

BigBaby, I might have to get one of your sub tanks and play.. beauty is in the mouth of the user, and if it works good, that's all that matters!! :toast:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Hi

Just thought I would chime in... I started on Ego's/Clearos and was at about 2ml per day.. not concerned at all with how much I vaped as long as I wasn't smoking ickys :) I quickly grew weary of carrying around a spare battery and feeling like I wasn't getting a strong enough hit from the egos. I switched to a T3 clearo which had a much airier draw than I was used to but I really liked the cooler vape from the bottom coils.

After a ton of research on what mod I wanted to get (Vamo, Smok Zmax, Segeili Zmax (Im sure I spelled that wrong) and Provari I finally took the plunge and bought the Provari. Yes, it is pricey and yes... it does actually feel like its worth it. I do not regret spending the money on it. It just pushed my break even date out a little is all. I have since started vaping 50/50 juice through a Kanger Pro-Tank and am very happy with it.

I can ell you that I noticed my juice consumption go up quite a bit after getting the Provari - I cant be sure if its because the added voltage (over and above what the egos put out) is to blame... or its because I am hitting it so much more frequently because it is sooo much better! Either way I suspect I am at 4-5 mils per day now. Also, after getting the Provari I have had to cut back the nic level from 18 to 12. Again... so many variables so I am not sure if that is because I am getting a better vape, enjoying more vapor, hitting it so much more, or just needing less nic the farther I am away from smoking.

I have ordered a cheap RDA and RBA that hasn't shown up yet (should indicate where they are shipping from) so I can comment on them yet. My first DIY juice order is on the way also... so I don't really think I will be worrying about how much juice I vape up.

Hmmm.. don't know if I helped too much... but congrats for staying off of ickys and getting started in vaping. :)

Geo

On going to "higher level" units like the provari etc... and finding out the nic level is too high, that's another factor as well.. does it mean that the higher in quality one goes, the "pure" hit of vapor can be found with lower nic levels? Or does it mean the "lower" quality doesn't manufacturer as well, so nic levels go up??

Thanks Geo, and yes still chugging along, however my carto's right now make me feel like the proverbial sucking watermelon thru a straw this lovely morning!! :vapor::laugh:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
On going to "higher level" units like the provari etc... and finding out the nic level is too high, that's another factor as well.. does it mean that the higher in quality one goes, the "pure" hit of vapor can be found with lower nic levels? Or does it mean the "lower" quality doesn't manufacturer as well, so nic levels go up??

Thanks Geo, and yes still chugging along, however my carto's right now make me feel like the proverbial sucking watermelon thru a straw this lovely morning!! :vapor::laugh:

Throat hit (TH) is mostly a product of nic level (90% IMO). PG allows more of the TH to come through and VG mutes it to a degree, but not a huge degree. Warmth of the vapor through higher voltage or wattage will enhance TH to a degree, also.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Throat hit (TH) is mostly a product of nic level (90% IMO). PG allows more of the TH to come through and VG mutes it to a degree, but not a huge degree. Warmth of the vapor through higher voltage or wattage will enhance TH to a degree, also.

Ok, so the juice is set up by recipe, right? and if it has more nic in it.. either pg or vg, and the amount of the nic.. and the device type.. the higher the device, the more the vapor, meaning pace of how fast the juice we go thru.. which does make sense.. vapor is a process of steam.. the more vapor, the more the juice we go thru. Does that mean people that use more vg go thru more juice as well? Curious tho.. why if this is the case.. how come some go thru juice quite a lot, and others on the lower end devices go slow.. even tho rational says the lower the device the lower the delivery of juice, the higher the nic level.. hmm..

Sorry for the prattle.. Brain is still trying to wake up:oops::toast:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Ok, so the juice is set up by recipe, right? and if it has more nic in it.. either pg or vg, and the amount of the nic.. and the device type.. the higher the device, the more the vapor, meaning pace of how fast the juice we go thru.. which does make sense.. vapor is a process of steam.. the more vapor, the more the juice we go thru. Does that mean people that use more vg go thru more juice as well? Curious tho.. why if this is the case.. how come some go thru juice quite a lot, and others on the lower end devices go slow.. even tho rational says the lower the device the lower the delivery of juice, the higher the nic level.. hmm..

Sorry for the prattle.. Brain is still trying to wake up:oops::toast:

Whether pre-mixed regular eliquid or DIY, you decide the nicotine level, higher nic providing more TH, lower nic providing less TH. Higher voltage/wattage vaping will provide warmer vapor, enhance TH and go through more eliquid because it is more efficent in vaporizer the eliquid. And whether you use all PG or all VG or a mixture of the two has no barring in how much or how quickly you go through your eliquid. VG provides more "visible" vapor and mutes TH (to a degree) and PG provides less "visible" vapor and allows more of the TH to come through.

On "low end" or "higher end" model PV's, my guess is, the better the vaping experience your PV provides, the more you are going to vape.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
So very true, wv!!

I think if you are happy enough with both device and juice, even tho it seems like going thru a lot of juice or not, everything works to met the ends. :2cool:
I just find it well.. interesting on how much we all go thru and what's used.. It also is helping me to make a few decisions as well, and I can say I have learned a lot thru this. It also factors in the quality, not quantity of juice too.. end up with crappy unvapable juice and it will sit in a box till tossed out:laugh: <I got a few of those!! haha!!

Still, I hope this helps a few people, not just me! thanks again!! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread