The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Current kr808d-1 replacement batteries

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by calico21, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Who's got the best standalone one's? I don't need a whole kit unless someone has a deal I just can't pass up. And manual button is a priority. TIA cindi

2. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Ms. Calico depends on what you're looking for, gen 1 or gen 2? The unregulated gen 1, would suggest v4l (especially the king diamond and stealth series), gen 2 (3.6v regulated) smokeless image has the best price on the batts.

3. calico21

Are the regulated ones where there is no fall off as the charge depletes? or what is the diff? I recently got 2 from mvs and the manual one is good but the other auto not so good.

4. SummerDawn

SummerDawn Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Wyoming
    +1 for this, regarding the gen 1 bit. V4L's manuals rock. I have several of the diamond series manuals and two stealth batteries and they last for ages. I've had one of them for 8 months - still vaping beautifully. ;)

5. SummerDawn

SummerDawn Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Wyoming
    I believe the regulated batteries just mean they have regulated voltage. The unregulated batteries have the tendency to give some cartos that nasty "burnt marshmallow" taste.

6. Morandir835

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Ms. Calico the regulated version don't drop off on voltage until the last puff (drops to 3.2v and cuts off). They're usually paired with the horizontal coil cartos because they don't take well to higher voltage. If you're using old school single coil vertical cartos they don't work as well due to the lower voltage. Hope this helps.

7. calico21

I'm using the new ce2's deluxes @ 2.6-2.8.

8. Morandir835

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    If that's the case would suggest going with a gen 1 Ms. Calico. Ce2's do better with extra voltage in all my tests, but opinions will vary. :)

9. zerominusone

zerominusone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    in your house
    Congrats, Morandir835; just saw a tread dedicated to you from V4L; that's cool. I used a G5 (ce2ish) on my 3.7v for a few hours and it was fine and then put it on my 5v passthrough and it had a nasty taste after that; couldn't use it any more.

Calico, I'm using my first Smokeless Image battery right now. I got two of 'em, both manuals, and neither of them will work for my G5s; I have to use reglar cartos with these batts. Even the cartomizers from SI don't seem to screw onto the batts very well. On the other hand, I LOVE the manual 808 batts from MVS.

10. Morandir835

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Zeromiusone sir still shocked by that thread.... Just doing my part to help people.... :)

Are those the horizontal coil g5's? If so sir that would explain the burnt flavor, they don't do well past 4v with most juices. The higher the vg on them, the better. A high pg juice burns quick.

11. bigchief

bigchief Full Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Arkansas USA
    Pigcig from LeCig.com for a manual battery. The 900mah one lasts close to all day for me (11 - 13 hours), and I am a heavy vaper. It charges in about 2 - 2.5 hours. It has a sealed battery connection, so no dying from juice in the battery. I am using the XL - CE2 Clearomizers on them.

12. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Full Member

Oct 29, 2010
    El Paso
    I really like the V4L (vapor4life.com) XL manual batteries if you are looking for the slim circumference. There is always a coupon code for this vendor (smilin10 works for 10% off), set up an account and you will get their current coupon codes sent through email.

After a year of using these batteries, I just "upgraded" to a mega battery kit and love it. I have the extended (and I mean extended) battery life plus I can still use all my KR808D-1 cartomizers. Here is a link to the thread I just gave the details in about the KR Vgo.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/217179-mega-battery-kr808d-1-threading.html

13. rawrscary

rawrscary Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2011
    Seattle
    Who makes the regulated bats? I know Kanger supposedly started the 808 thing, and I've seen Shining makes them too. I don't see the regulated ones anywhere on either of their sites though.

14. Morandir835

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Bloog, volt, halo, and nhaler all sell them Rawrscary, not sure who the original manufacture is, but bloog was the first to offer them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.