Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
Ms. Calico depends on what you're looking for, gen 1 or gen 2? The unregulated gen 1, would suggest v4l (especially the king diamond and stealth series), gen 2 (3.6v regulated) smokeless image has the best price on the batts.

+1 for this, regarding the gen 1 bit. V4L's manuals rock. I have several of the diamond series manuals and two stealth batteries and they last for ages. I've had one of them for 8 months - still vaping beautifully. ;)

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
Are the regulated ones where there is no fall off as the charge depletes? or what is the diff? I recently got 2 from mvs and the manual one is good but the other auto not so good.

I believe the regulated batteries just mean they have regulated voltage. The unregulated batteries have the tendency to give some cartos that nasty "burnt marshmallow" taste.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Calico the regulated version don't drop off on voltage until the last puff (drops to 3.2v and cuts off). They're usually paired with the horizontal coil cartos because they don't take well to higher voltage. If you're using old school single coil vertical cartos they don't work as well due to the lower voltage. Hope this helps.

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
If that's the case would suggest going with a gen 1 Ms. Calico. Ce2's do better with extra voltage in all my tests, but opinions will vary. :)

Congrats, Morandir835; just saw a tread dedicated to you from V4L; that's cool. I used a G5 (ce2ish) on my 3.7v for a few hours and it was fine and then put it on my 5v passthrough and it had a nasty taste after that; couldn't use it any more.

Calico, I'm using my first Smokeless Image battery right now. I got two of 'em, both manuals, and neither of them will work for my G5s; I have to use reglar cartos with these batts. Even the cartomizers from SI don't seem to screw onto the batts very well. On the other hand, I LOVE the manual 808 batts from MVS.

Last edited:

IrishGirl

Oct 29, 2010
El Paso
I really like the V4L (vapor4life.com) XL manual batteries if you are looking for the slim circumference. There is always a coupon code for this vendor (smilin10 works for 10% off), set up an account and you will get their current coupon codes sent through email.

After a year of using these batteries, I just "upgraded" to a mega battery kit and love it. I have the extended (and I mean extended) battery life plus I can still use all my KR808D-1 cartomizers. Here is a link to the thread I just gave the details in about the KR Vgo.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/217179-mega-battery-kr808d-1-threading.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread