• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

currently own a provari. should i get a vamo as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinamon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i dont see why not if you got the cash flow. make sure to get stainless steel as oppose to chrome/gun metal as chrome finish will come undone and will look like crap only within weeks of time.

is the SS a matte finish? or is it polished?
i really dislike polished because it leaves fingerprints.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Don't need anything else except to start collecting Zen~s ;)

What he said. Or other hybrids (ihy, jug, etc)

Or mech mods - bbm, gg, chi-you, etc (chi-you list is open for ordering, btw)

ChiYouFullShot.png

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
i have no idea what you mean by that

The kick by evolve is a small piece of electronics that you can use to adjust wattage.
It will work in almost any mechanical mod that is designed to use 18650 batteries.
Because it takes up some space in the battery compartment 18490 size batts need to be used with it.

Here's a link to the "kick" https://www.canvape.com/product-p/kick.htm

chinamon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The kick by evolve is a small piece of electronics that you can use to adjust wattage.
It will work in almost any mechanical mod that is designed to use 18650 batteries.
Because it takes up some space in the battery compartment 18490 size batts need to be used with it.

Here's a link to the "kick" https://www.canvape.com/product-p/kick.htm

oh thats interesting....
but wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of having a mech mod? this would just turn your mech mod in to a VW

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
so i just got back from the canvape scarborough booth. picking up a vamo with vivi nova and a drip tip.
i loaded the tank with MLV cotton candy but it tastes and smells like burnt rope (tried at 4W and 8W)

Change the wicking head on your Vivi. You were tooooooo anxious to start vaping. Once you change it put some drops on the coils before you start

chinamon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Change the wicking head on your Vivi. You were tooooooo anxious to start vaping. Once you change it put some drops on the coils before you start

ok i did that now.
however, now the vamo will not turn on. i keep pressing the power button 5 times but it does nothing. i even tried reinserting the battery.

edit: it powered up now but it still tastes like burnt rope, even at 3W. im starting to think its the juice causing the problem.

Last edited:

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
ok i did that now.
however, now the vamo will not turn on. i keep pressing the power button 5 times but it does nothing. i even tried reinserting the battery.

edit: it powered up now but it still tastes like burnt rope, even at 3W. im starting to think its the juice causing the problem.

Sorry to hear about the start up problems. There are a number of those PV's that use the same chip and they are intermittently good/bad. Have you tried another juice?

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sorry to hear about the start up problems. There are a number of those PV's that use the same chip and they are intermittently good/bad. Have you tried another juice?

$10 says chinamon forgot to set the vamo to RMS. Or maybe its just the vivi nova, which IMHO, is one of the crappiest clearos next to the Stardust.

Chinamon, hold down + & - for 20 sec or so until you see NO2 on the display, then try it.

Edit: I just remembered, I don't actually have $10 left. Oops. :)

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The VAMO does have the advantage of being Power Regulated allowing for variable wattage use. I think more vapers are seeing the advantages of VW over VV.

On the other hand, the Vamo's chip operates at a much lower frequency than a Provari, so many devices on it (Vivi Novas in particular) will "rattlesnake." This is a very quiet buzz, something like the aforementioned reptile heard from afar. Lots of folks don't notice it at all, some don't mind, some like it, and some are really put off by it. Not to muddy the waters any . . .

For $40-50, it doesn't hurt to have a decent backup APV that uses the same batteries as your Provari, chinamon.

$10 says chinamon forgot to set the vamo to RMS.

Yup. That's a fast way to fry a Vivi Nova head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread