The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

customs when not shipped form a supplier

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by mypcool, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mypcool

mypcool Full Member

Sep 30, 2012
    new york
    Hi
    I have seen allot of info regarding shipping nic ejuice across the border to canada from a supplier where there is customs and tax considerations.

I was wondering, my brother wants to ship me some juice to canada, what is the best way to do that?
    Are there any risks?

Thanks in advance.

2. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Less of a risk. Big juice company's are flagged by customs. Your order would just get shipped back to your brother worst case he sends it again

3. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    You want to try juggys don't you? lol

4. mypcool

mypcool Full Member

Sep 30, 2012
    new york
    Oh Sorry shipping to Canada...
    And I have tried Juggys. Good stuff but I liked HHV and my bros got them

5. FunkyVapes

FunkyVapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2011
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    I have made nearly 200 purchases from vendors in the US over the last two years and haven't had a single one stopped or opened. The paranoia regarding buying juice and hardware from the US is without cause. Juice vendors are not flagged by customs. I have made the same order from the same vendors (3-6 of them) every month for over a year without isse have have uaed over 40 different vendors in total

For what it's worth, about 10 or more of those orders have been from HHV

6. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    I've had about 10 orders from the states and 2 have been sent back to supplier so i only order hardware from there now. we have enough great juice venders here in canada so i don't see the need to anymore just my :2c:

7. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Funky :)

Good to know, I'm waiting on a big order and biting my nails. A buddy and I went in together to get free shipping, and the bulk of the order is his so I feel a great deal of responsibility to see that it arrives safe and sound!
    *crossed fingers*

8. Duckonquack

Duckonquack Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    My first and only order of juice from the states was from AVE and I haven't gotten it yet, that was in the first week of November, both myself and AVE have assumed it was customs

9. Roland007

Roland007 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    I am in that exact same boat too! Mine shipped on the 7th. Not in a complete tizzy but starting to wonder.

10. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Don't forget with the increase in everyday online shopping, and christmas just around the corner USPS and CP are going to start getting backed up.

11. froghammer

froghammer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Toronto
    My first and only order from V2 got stopped at the border and is currently being held up by Health Canada. It'll eventually be returned to the sender. I can't believe that's just bad luck- they must be paying more attention.

12. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Do you have a tracking number?

13. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    When I first started out vaping a year and a half ago it was with V2 and I had 2 orders sent back the process takes up to 2 months. You have lots of choices in and around your area. canvape is a great one.

14. FunkyVapes

FunkyVapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2011
    Niagara Falls, Canada
    Well, it sucks that you guys might have a stopped order on your hands, but I'm partial to statistics, not one-off incidents. I'm 200:200 and probably more, and those are fantastic odds. The amount of money I have saved and the quality of the juice received certainly overshadows any risks associated with the shipping. I implore you to not let one bad experience ruin it for you. Any good juice vendor will ship nicotine liquid as 0mg and customs has no reason to seize it, you can file a suit should they choose to do so. Same goes for the hardware.

I would wait a bit longer before panicking on the AVE stuff. I have ordered from them a lot and have never had an issue. Sometimes they are slow, though it does seem as though you have been waiting awhile.

Rawr! Got my fingers crossed for you Tiger, and trying to find us...err I mean me some pluid.

15. froghammer

froghammer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Toronto
    Yeah, I have a tracking number. Customs has it. I also called Customs and they confirmed they have it and were giving it to Health Canada or whatever that process is. I'm waiting for my Tsk Tsk, Foolish Smoker letter from HC and then it will be sent back. Like bk78 said- it looks like it's going to take a couple of months.

In the meantime, I did find Canvape and they're awesome. Also found Flavour Crafters and Jugheads, so I'm all set! If I had known from the start about them, I probably would have just ordered from them. But the problem is when you're just starting out and learning about all of this stuff, the information is all scattered about and hard to piece together. By the time my order got seized and I started looking deeper into other options ("Ohhhhhhh- so V2 is '808d' compatible. Maybe that will work...."), it was too late. It takes time to build up the knowledge.

16. tygertyger

Us.... you mean "us" Funky ;) I'd be in seventh heaven. When I finally get a line on the stuff, I'm ordering all I can afford and eating ramen and walking everywhere for two months if I have to! lol

Yes, it's overwhelming when you start out... but you've come to the right place for all the advice and info you'll need ;)

17. Duckonquack

Duckonquack Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Canada
    I do, but when I put it in canada post it says not available for this product, and when I put it usps it says
    Your item has been processed at our origin sort facility at 9:04 pm on November 08, 2012 in BAKERSFIELD, CA 93380.
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 10, 2012
    Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, November 08, 2012, 7:49 pm, LANCASTER, CA 93536

18. WolfeReign

WolfeReign Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    see funky this is why you need the fondu fork when saying the truth.....it is like the magic talking stick..

When it comes to vendor's, or even people in the USA, if you mention you are in Canada...even if it gets sent back to them they can and WILL retry ti send it out.....just because there was a filthy mcNasty (yes i am going old school slang lol) custom person who wanted to be cruel the day your shipment went past the firs time, odds are they will not be there a second time.

Something i have to wonder and i have asked this is: If Canada and the USA vendors/juicers are getting the same product from the same manufacturer why is it in Canada we are paying double the price PLUS the shipping cost? I have to stand with Funky on this one and say push come to shove i will shop south of the border, If i am less of a Vapor, if i am even less of a Canadian so be it....

When i started out, and even to this day my wife (honey bunny) who lives in the Stated ships up e-cig gear and juice via UPS (note i did not say USPS), where on the label it is clearly marked what it is and when possible how many mg's of nic in there. Not once has the shipment been stopped, looked through or had a higher duty on it. On the same token i have ordered from honey ville vapor, LJS mokes, smokeless image, and a new vendor sent me some three musketeer and turtles juice to try. Again none of it was stopped, turned back, gone through. But then again there is one simple thing the Vendors of the USA can add to the bill of waiting/ shipping and it will breeze past customs and the officers there will not get there tim bits in a bunch (see what i did there?)

If it was not for the sheer pain of when i want to order from the USA i need to send the cash to my pay pal account so as i can use the Pay Pal credit card plus with a unscrupulous care taker for the building (where i need to stalk the mail man the exact day i am to get vape mail here) i would be ordering more from the USA.

I can say one thing about funky to y'all, when i started entering the world of vaping he was well liked in the community and is highly knowledgeable about many things (though no idea why he took a vacation). And if you want to talk to him "face to face" you can watch him at CVCN Tuesdays starting at 10pm EST yes i did a shameless plug for a friend.....though take pity on Funky for having someone like me as a friend.

19. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Mapleleafvapes and Gentlemensreserve are good as well. I'm sending you a PM.

20. tygertyger

One of the nice things about MapleLeaf, is that other vendors stock them. So you can order direct.... or if you also need stuff MLV doesn't carry, you might be able to pay shipping only once, and get your MLV juice from where you need to order this, that and the other thing ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.