Damn raccoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpeake13j

Nov 22, 2013
monterey, CA, USA
so new note to self, when doing any kind of work outside with pv, keep a bb gun or airsoft gun with me... dont think shooting regular firearm would be accepted well, especially in regards to a raccoon... but an airsoft/bb should still get the job done...

but it reminded me of a really funny story... so a few years back in the barracks i stayed in, when single... there was a raccoon that lived underneath said barracks building... well he became the unofficial mascot and people would feed him, etc... so anyways, animals on post are much more comfortable with people on military bases due to exposure, and well a buddy of mine decided one day he wanted to get a video... so there he is with billy (yes he was named, and even had a fb page made for him) tossing popcorn to him...

pulls out his iphone and starts to video tape it... gently tossing pieces to him, luring billy closer (yes very dumb and dangerous but billy "seemed" tame ish) finally he tried to get billy to take a piece of popcorn from his hand...

billy reaches out and takes a piece from him, he puts another and billy gets closer, and well finally billy reaches out for the phone, he freaks, billy runs the other way, phone drops... billy is gone... all in all priceless... lil guy got greedy...

LMBO! I'm in military housing at DLI. these guys are everywhere. They tend to stay away from us though.. except for this one. I asked the neighbors if they happened to video tape it, and unfortunately they didn't. They didn't realize he stole my PV though. They were asking me what that poor little raccoon did to me. HA! poor raccoon..

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Oh funny! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Seriously no need for the critter to pay with their life for a moment of curiousity such as this (unless actively rabid/attacking, of course).
OP handled it beautifully...those are the kind of stories that are told at family reunions for years to come :D
Just goes to show that the Rac has good taste :thumb:
Perhaps it was attracted by the juice that was in it...I know that some of my fruit juices tend to attract gnats/no-see-ums.
It is good that OP was able to get it back lest the Rac take it to his nesting area and catch it on fire or somehow get the battery out and eat it or lick up the juice

Last edited:

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
Ya have to get serious with raccoons. Next time show him your war face. He'll drop it an either run, or attack you instead hahahaha.

war-face-fullmetaljacket.jpg

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
A raccoon will steal anything shiney. My MIL had one for 20 years (from a baby, game warden made her turn him loose, he played and came back to the door wanting in). That raccoon would steal anything shiney (stole my FIL's watch on several occasions), and head directly to the water bowl to wash it. They wash everything!

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread