Danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Removed the cotton. Burned all the junk from my coil. Let it sit to cool down for rewicking. Forgot about it. Tried to take a hit. Pressed the button. Got my lips and the glowing yellow coil in contact.
Just a piece of advice for those that sometimes, catch themselves getting hits unconsciously from their mods( or think they can get as stupid as me for a second anyways) , when waiting for the coil to cool down to rewick , PLEASE turn off your mods. You do not want to feel what I felt.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
So you had the open deck in place and picked it up to vape without looking and stuck the deck in your mouth? That seriously sucks. If you're getting tired of holding ice on your lips got could use a fruit pop.

I'll make sure to avoid that unintended event.
That's exactly what I did. Take care

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ooooh... that sounds DREADFUL. I am glad you are okay, well mostly okay. Thanks for the warning, I haven't done that... yet. But my worst dry hit ever was turning DOWN my steampuunk nano, which scrolled around to 120 watts as I tried to turn it down two watts. LOL. I wish I'd checked, that is a dry hit I never want to experience again.

Thanks for the warning. Ice is going to be your pal here....

Anna

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
You kissed a coil and didn't like it! This is one of the inherent dangers of vaping, especially when using a RDA.
I forget from time to time to put the top cap back on, and remember it just as the hot coils get within lip reach .
My latest burn healed up about two weeks ago.
:D

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Good time to take those Duck Lips pics for your Facebook profile! :rolleyes:
Literally.
9559a1dad05066d07d7093d8481f6b9f333969d6e624a0e24e93d36ceb031282.jpg

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
......Got my lips and the glowing yellow coil in contact........

.......My latest burn healed up about two weeks ago.

Oddly enough it comforts me to hear I'm not the only one who's done this. In my case the RDA was freshly wicked and juiced (helping to limit coil temp) so the "damage" was minimal. Still took a few days for the burn on my lip to heal. Since then I've not allowed myself to be distracted while re-wicking a RDA, phone calls will roll over to voicemail....

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
While I've never had the misfortune of having the same accident, I have brushed up against a hot coil with my fingers on occasion and found a nice branding mark with lines from my Claptons. I wonder if that's as noticeable on lips.
I know what you mean. Nope, no lines. Equally burnt. At least for me.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
While I've never had the misfortune of having the same accident, I have brushed up against a hot coil with my fingers on occasion and found a nice branding mark with lines from my Claptons. I wonder if that's as noticeable on lips.
Yep! Sure is! Once the first layer of burn is gone, the tracks seem to disappear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread