Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
So, today is going to be my first completely analog free day(as yesterday when I got my package I smoked my last three cigarettes) and I must say I feel pretty great. I bought the 24mg juice this go round, last time I had purchased the 18mg, and I would still crave a cigarette pretty bad at times.

But today..no cravings at all. Slight headache, but I usually always have one of those, and it would be much worse after a few cigarettes as opposed to now. Been vaping pretty much non stop though, haha. Wondering how many people usually do that, or do you try and space it out like with cigarettes.

Anyways, just wanted to say I know its only day one, but I like this very much and am excited to have even gone one day without a smoke..first time in 9 years.

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
So, today is going to be my first completely analog free day(as yesterday when I got my package I smoked my last three cigarettes) and I must say I feel pretty great. I bought the 24mg juice this go round, last time I had purchased the 18mg, and I would still crave a cigarette pretty bad at times.

But today..no cravings at all. Slight headache, but I usually always have one of those, and it would be much worse after a few cigarettes as opposed to now. Been vaping pretty much non stop though, haha. Wondering how many people usually do that, or do you try and space it out like with cigarettes.

Anyways, just wanted to say I know its only day one, but I like this very much and am excited to have even gone one day without a smoke..first time in 9 years.

Way to go, all journeys, first step and all that! I have been off analogs for just about a year now and I pretty much vape all day. I think it's more because I can then I need to but my PV is never far from me. I say what ever keeps you off the cigs is what you should do. If you find your head hurts often, get some low nic or no nic to vape in between. Good Luck!

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

It's about 17 days for me. The desire for an analog is totally gone since I started vaping 100% PG (throat hit is important to me).

I had one analog a few days go (two puffs) and couldn't handle it. It was a test.

I've learned there are other possibly addictive substance(s) in cigarettes... so you may find yourself adjusting a bit as you withdraw from those. I had a little headache at first too. But a little Advil fixed me up fine.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Haha yeah thats pretty much what I figured. Being able to do it in the house now makes me wanna do it all the time. And the liquid I got tastes so goooood haha.

I had a menthol from Cignot that did that to me... non stop vaping. I have eventually decided on non flavored juice for most daily vaping needs... if it tastes too good... I chain vape. so I moderate.

But at the beginning... vape all you want. If your goal is to not smoke... have a party.. :p

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
It's about 17 days for me. The desire for an analog is totally gone since I started vaping 100% PG (throat hit is important to me).

I had one analog a few days go (two puffs) and couldn't handle it. It was a test.

I've learned there are other possibly addictive substance(s) in cigarettes... so you may find yourself adjusting a bit as you withdraw from those. I had a little headache at first too. But a little Advil fixed me up fine.

Yeah I took some excedrin today and that seemed to help, that's what I kindof figured it was after reading here for a while that my body might feel a little weird for a while because of the other addictive substances leaving my system..so I'm prepared for it. Yeah the liquid I got is PG...Being able to feel it in my throat is kinda a big deal..because if I don't it feels like I'm not doing anything. I'm sure it's purely psychological, but it makes me want a cig if I dont feel it the throat, because aside from the nicotine, I smoked as opposed to any other tobacco product because of that feeling..it was an "oral fixation" if you will haha

WTG and good luck to you Trance. Going on about 10 days here.... Son is amazed so I bought him one for his birthday. I had 6 cigarettes in a pack when I started vaping. Still 3 of them left. Regular cigarettes taste so awful now (and smell bad too.) I did get the headaches.... imagine, never thought of taking aspirin. Now they tell me, lol.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Pacifier for me as well :),
I have been analog free for about 4 months with no desire to have one. I vap all day long, (when possible) I am getting my favorite flavors dialed in and love it. I was a POD+ smoker for over 15 years.

I own a Blu, 902, sideshow and pass through from Modern Vapor (Love them all) an Ego and just got my new mega batteries for my EGO. Love them all they all have their time and place.

I love what this has done for my life.

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
Haha yeah thats pretty much what I figured. Being able to do it in the house now makes me wanna do it all the time. And the liquid I got tastes so goooood haha.

Really!

I've only been at this for a couple of weeks, and haven't found anything goooood so far. Still trying things out. What liquids are you using?

Wow. For me, my first day vaping without analogs in the house would surely mean a trip to the store at some point. I wouldn't have even tried that, because occasionally smoking an analog is a transition whereas going to buy some would seem like more of a setback (failure).

As cozzicon suggested, if you're addicted to cigarettes, you're not just addicted to nicotine. E-cigs provide the nicotine, the "smoke," and the tactile experience of a drag on a stick in your hand, but aren't the same as smoking cigarettes. If you vape and still smoke a few analogs, don't worry about it. If your goal is to vape more than you smoke, that will surely happen! If your goal is to never smoke another analog, you may be disappointed in yourself when you buy a pack. Don't be hard on yourself if that happens. From what I've read on this forum, it can take months for some people to prefer e-cigs so much as to completely drop analogs. I intend to approach it that way, but cold-turkey may work well for you.

You seem to be be pretty committed to e-cigs so far. Besides the juice that you're using, let us know about the rest of your kit. And as always, Good Luck!

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
So far, I've bought everything from valleyvapor.com. They've been a really fast and reliable supplier for me. The liquid I've been using is the cappuccino flavored 24mg. I ordered another bottle of that last night, and this flavor called Ry4. Also another spare battery and atty. The kit I bought was a joye510 with a PCC.

Before when I had a Blu, I'd still smoke analogs..like half a pack a day. But so far today..I've not wanted one..I'm pretty dead set on quitting though..aside from the health risks I simply cannot afford it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread