Dead Rabbit RTA Spitback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
About a month ago I bought the Dead Rabbit RTA from a local vape store, and I'm currently using it along with the Tesla WYE 2 mod. I've owned many atomizers in the past, but never a rebuildable one, so the guy in the store gave me a bit of a tutorial on how the build deck works.
He set it up with two coils, however I removed one of them along with the cotton (because it drained my battery and went through my juice like crazy), and followed a youtube video to switch to a single coil set up.
Ever since I did that, every time I fill up the tank with juice (not completely up to the top), I have to go through like 5 or 6 hits of spitback. To decrease initial spitback, I have to fill up to about 50%, but that is just annoying because I use it a lot.
I vape at 60 - 65 watts on the normal preheat setting, which gives out 0.27 ohms.
Anyone got any tips on how to deal with this?
Thanks in advance!

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
I have one that does the same thing. Tried wicking it differently but the results are always the same. Switched to a different style of coil (clapton wire to plain round wire) and it helped out. A lower wattage also helps also. But the best thing I have found to do is when I want to add more juice I will do 4-5 chain vapes to try to dry out the cotton a bit then fill it up and let it sit 10+minutes before using it again.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
If I have this problem on any tank I just blow instead of suck through the drip tip holding the tank in a paper or cloth towel if it doesnt clear up quickly by playing around wwith watts/temp.
I havent noticed this as problem on the Dead Rabbit but maybe it has happened and I just cleared it by blowing through the tank without registering what tank it was or it being anything out of the normal, for me.

Reactions: greek mule

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Hello broter! PETROS From Athens here!
What is the ID of your coil? If under 3 mm then you set little cotton into wick holes and can't prevent coil flood.
Must use the proper amount of cotton in wick holes.
Too little it flood, too much,dry cotton-burn hits.
I also use Dead Rabbit rta,set coil/coils as lower to the deck possible (1-2 mm gap)

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
Hey again everyone...
So just for further notice I concluded (according to many people) that this RTA wasn't meant to be powered by a single coil setup - hence the spitback. I was told I needed to fit a coil wire with a larger diameter for the cotton. I am currently on a nichrome 2mm coil, and they told me I had to fit in a 3.5mm coil so it can fit more cotton to reduce spitback...
Is that even possible on this deck?

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
It’s possible. When I use single coil in my DR I use 3.0mm and 1/4 of a muji pad for cotton. No thinning. Fluff ends with your finger and cut just below deck. Did you find a suitable solution?

Massive thanks man I took it to a different vape shop and the guy there was seriously surprised I could even use the thing with a 2mm single coil. He switched it up to a 3.5mm one and now it works like a charm...no spitback whatsoever.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread