Deleting the bridge, and a confirmation on the iso alcohol cleaning method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I know, right? The person in the corner screaming "ARRRGGHH, I'M NOT INFERIOR FOR NOT LIKING LR'S!" is vaping LR's, ha ha.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm a lot busier and more mentally engaged lately. I smoked like a train when I was mentally engaged. I'd go up over 2 packs a day if my brain really had something to chew on.

I guess I'm the same with vaping. I've stepped up to dripping with LR's on a 900mAh eGo and gone back to hardcore tobacco flavors. I'm just walking around in a giant plume of vapor. Weird.

I do miss my Kr8's a bit, but they just can't keep up with how I'm vaping now. I'd be switching out batts every couple hours and frying the hell out of cartos at the rate I'm going lately. And LR cartos taste awful to me.

GoodProphets has adapters for a buck. That's pretty damn good.

Last edited:

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
I have de-bridged a 901 and it was not much more difficult, I had to very carefully squeeze the bridge and jiggle from side to side to get it to come out from under the lip inside, but careful not to squeeze it together too much, so you don't crack the ceramic bowl inside. I found right away that all the wire mesh that should come out is the strip that goes over the bridge. I use an exacto blade to slice it off once the bridge is out. I cut the mesh right down the middle and peel it back to expose the bridge for removal. Anyway, just wanted to add to this thread, most of my atty's are de-bridged, they just taste so much better after getting all that burned wick out of there. Drip tips are a must if you do this. They have become so inexpensive and readily available that it was no problem switching over to them. Nice thread, keep up the great work on the vids!

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
YAY for GP having them that cheap, but I'm stuck with PP as my payment method. I contacted Rob in hopes he'll let me know the easiest route to my payment issues. Then again my friend Rach has been so kind to let me send her money via PP and order things from other sites while she's placing an order. So maybe her next GP order I'll have to get her to grab me 1 of each of the 510 - whatever adapters.

I'm still iffy on LR's as I'm nervous I may "pop" one. But I have an awesome lady sending me an LR to test out to see if it's something I might want to get into. As far as 900mah (XL) batts. I'm thinking I might need that or a 1200, cuz this one 650 hates me since I charged it with a PCC. Went from 18 hours of vape time to 6 in the matter of days charging it with it. So I'm back to my USB and getting 10 hours again. So yeah need more mah for sure. But pretty damn good for adapters for a buck is CHEAP, as long as they really adapt, I've heard ppl complaining the "cheap" ones tend to not like certain cartos and atties. We'll see... def beats 3.00 tho.

YAY on a de-bridged 901. Any chance you can do a vid and post it for us?

I want more Nomad vids dag nabbit. MORRRRE! :p

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Shan -

LR's are worth a shot. Even if it's only one. The big thing with LR's is just to keep them really, really wet. It's better to over-drip than under-drip, and they don't get really flooded out and gurgle like regular atties do. At least not in my experience. I've flooded those things to hell and they still don't gurgle.

The eGo cone comes in handy for this. It stops any leaking completely for me. But when you unscrew it, keep a tissue handy. You may get a fair bit of juice. Now that I've kind of worked out how much an LR needs to stay wet, but not leak like crazy, it's not too bad. But the first time I was dripping on an LR with the cone on, I was keeping it REALLY wet, and there was no leaking... until I took off the cone, and then it was a waterfall of juice, lol.

So far so good... I've only had this LR a couple days, but I had a 901 LR for weeks and eventually PIF'ed it. It was still in good working order when I sent it off. Albeit, I didn't use it anywhere near as much as I'm using this one. I've been vaping the same LR for 2 or 3 days straight. A really atty torture test!

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
The indication that an atty is clean is that the whole coil goes orange, right?

actually, the whole coil glowing is just phase one of being cleaned, if the atty is dirty you'll see faint tendrils of smoke coming out of it during a dry burn. You know it's really clean when that tiny bit of smoke stops being produced

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Dagnab you Nomad!!! LOL, been vaping this LR since I got it. amazing vape! esp after I de-bridged it. Tho it makes my capp and coffee vapes taste slightly burnt. but excellent for my fruity stuff!!

I'm so into the de-bridging it's not even funny. I only have 1 with it's bridge still in tact, because I do like an occasional cart here and there. Next will be making my own juice feed mod, along with a carto and atty mod i have in mind. I have everything I need cept the TF 14500 3.7v 900mah PCB batts, which I found for 5.99 for a set of 2... and the charger to go with it for an additional 1.99 WOOT!! now coming up with 8.00 to cover this. LOL, being BROKE sucks when you have the need to BUY BUY BUY.

I need to stay away from ECF for a while, so I stop getting ideas. Not likely to happen tho. haaa

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Lol, Shan. Sorry to be such an enabler. :)

I have the same problem with the taste of LR's. I've heard the Cisco 306 LR's are a more balanced flavor. I can believe that, since the regular 306's are also, in my opinion, the most balanced taste. So I'll give those a go next.

And... they work with a 510 connection with no adapter. ;)

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Hi ...I just wanted to chime in here and thank you guys for this post ...I read it 2 days ago ...

then last night i was vaping away on my 901 & it just wasn't working right ...of course ...I just kept hitting it harder & longer ... then I heard a small "pop" & thought CRRRAP ....

and I'm not sure what happened but the mesh broke & kinda exploded, looked like a flower w/the bridge in the center .... so I knew what to try to do ...

I pulled the mesh out & wiggled the bridge while pulling up & it came out . & man o'man was the wick the nastiest little black wad of goo I'd ever seen (I had not ever cleaned it) , and to my surprise when i put batt back on it WORKED & turned orange !! YAY!

But It smelled horrible , so I soaked it in alcohol in a cup swishing it around every 5 mins or so for a hour or so ...alcohol turned light brown... dried it out ...did a dry burn ...still smelled bad ...I just kept going back to it an burning till it seemed to smell better, finally added juice, had a funky burnt taste for a while, but I think I have it burnt out now or I'm just getting used to it . :lol: crap I don't know .........wonder what could still be in there to be so funky ?? I think I'm gonna keep dry burning till all the little poofs go away (TY bobcat for that thought &your catbox is too cute !)

But, atleast it still works & I am glad I had seen this post or I would have just thrown it away . And that would have been a waste, cuz I paid 3 whole bucks for this puppy & have only used it for 3 weeks !! :lol:

Last edited:

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
both work on the 510 or just Cisco's 306LRs? Lemme know!

I've been doing coil mods the past 2 days, on cartos and atties. SOOOO much fun, have you tried that yet? hahahaha
making ur own coils ROCK! esp if you kill one... which i haven't from vaping, just tearing the 60-some PIFs I got to do some playing with.

Did I mention ur a super freaking cook chic?

Lol, Shan. Sorry to be such an enabler. :)

I have the same problem with the taste of LR's. I've heard the Cisco 306 LR's are a more balanced flavor. I can believe that, since the regular 306's are also, in my opinion, the most balanced taste. So I'll give those a go next.

And... they work with a 510 connection with no adapter. ;)

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Sweet I'm def gonna look into 306's then. Right now I'm working on the vids (as you know) to pull the cartos and atties apart. I should have a how to on coil making within the next week or 2. it's a real PITA I'm noticing so far.

But I have a really cool carto gone atty mod i'm in the process of finishing if my lead free solder would arrive already. I should have just went to the store and bought it. but because I found it for super cheap on EB I bought it and am now just waiting on it to be in my mailbox. I don't mind using my 37% lead solder on batteries and making odds and ends, but i won't vape on a coil made with lead. Someone told me it would be cheaper to buy the 5 x CE2 r4's, but i like atties for my dripping over cartos.

Oh and hey idk if you know but watch using LRs on anything 3.7V and lower I was told it'll make ur battery prematurely lose it's life span. Because LRs run on 2amp wheras standards only run on 1amp. The 2amp over stresses the 3.7V and shortens it's life drastically. So for now I've dedicated my 1/2 dead eGo to my LR and the good one to only cartos and standard atts.

Thought I'd throw that in there in case you didn't know either! There's SOOO much to learn here!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Well, LR's can't be used on anything higher than 3.7v. It'll just blow the atty.

But, they also will drain a 3.7v or less battery faster than if you run a regular atty.

So, basically, to use LR's, you have to give up battery life, both in charge time and in total life span. That's just the nature of the beast. And LR's just won't last as long as a regular atty. If you really like high voltage vaping, it may be cheaper in the long run to get a 5v or adjustable mod.

I'm running my LR's on a 900mAh eGo. I'm still getting 10 hours out of it, even running it with an LR the whole time.

They shouldn't be used on anything with less mAh than a regular eGo battery. Try running one of those things on a regular 510, and the power the atty is pulling will just short out the battery.

I've been seeing your vids all over the place, Shan! Lots of good stuff. :)

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Yeah I decided to just keep one for my LR, and 1 for my standard atties. And then let the woman have her own battery, cuz she needs her own too! :p But the half dead eGo is dedicated to the LR for now.

Yeah I've been getting crazy into vids, took a break cuz I had the flu, got rid of it, and got the flu right back. YAY ME!

Thanks for the info on the whole LR and 3.7s cuz I was like eff it I'm still using my LR regardless, LOL!! Like I told you before you really know ur Shhh..tuff, so I take everything you say in, and it makes sense blowing the LR on HVs.

I'm in the process of laying out my own Flashlight mod, debating on using 15400's @ 900mah each or going with the 18500's @ 1800mah and keeping it a true 3.7v (cuz i do love 3.7's the most) or if I'm going to just make my 1st try a 5v.
Most likely a 3.7 tho.

Gonna head off for a bit to go rip the guts out of this flashlight and start de-soldering the circuit board, while a few of my new review vids upload. Have you tried the nhaler twisted DTs??? bestest thing in the WORRRRRLD!

As always MN, it's a pleasure chattin with ya :) TY for noticing my vids. I'm trying to keep up with the pace, but this darn ADHD has me doing 20 projects at once.

Oh! I tried to find you on FB, but all I could find was that fanpage deal thinger. So I assume ur not searchable, well at least I know I'm not (gotta hide from those ppl in the bushes). LOL

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I just can't go back to regular atties now that I found my sweet spot. 1.5ohm LR's were too much for me on a 3.7v battery, but on 3.2v it's perfect. And I've gotten so sick of cartomizers. Short lifespans, cleaning them, filling them, ARGH.

So, I've given in. I'm on the hunt for a mod, so I can use LR's without worrying. I just lost an eGo battery, too... from using an LR. First battery I've ever lost.

I'm looking for something all mechanical, so the damn thing can't die on me!

Have fun with your projects. ;)

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I try not to get too attached til I make the perfect mod for my LRs, so I'm in the same boat as you. If I had more money to dump into modding I would prob find my ultimate make in less than 2 weeks, but yeah. Money is the issue, and so is (UGH!) christmas coming up. I'm REQUIRED to participate in it.

Yeah I read your possessed eGo thread. Had me laughing cuz we were JUST discussing what an LR can.will do to an eGo. I feel like it's partially my fault for jinxing you. I however can't say that my 650mah is losing any life...YET from the LR, in fact I used the PCC to charge it and it killed the batt life down to about 5 hrs. Since I'm back to using the USB to charge it and using ONLY LR's on it I seem to get about 8 hours of heavy vape from it... odd I know!

If I make the mod you and I are both searching for I will let you know. If you (like me) can afford the cost of parts, I would be more than happy to make you one as well, but I'm a poor sad child, so this isn't likely to happen til after the holidays and after I get this detonator looking 3.7V - 5v mod done. I'm trying to set it up so you can use different batteries to get variable voltage, rather than doing a variable voltage switch... i haven't gotten THAT far into modding yet.

Have you ever considered a straight 3.0v with a 1.5ohn batt? it would prob hold 3.2v but with load only run 3.0v.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm still running LR's on my other eGo, and vaping a regular 306 between charges. I can't go back! Argh!

I've decided I'm not spending a dime on anything else until I can get a fully mechanical mod. If something goes wrong, I want to be able to fix it myself in 10 minutes with nothing more than a little elbow grease, and maybe a $5 part. I'm done with electrics. I watched my partner's very expensive electrical mod die after a week of use. And I'm not inclined to get all into electrics, like you are, he he.

I've been looking at the GGTB. $75, which is actually pretty good not just for a GG, but for a mod that will never die. But I can't even afford that right now.

Aww, that's so sweet. :) Don't worry too much about it. I should be making better money soon, and then hopefully I'll be able to get a mechanical mod. Run that bad boy at 3.7v with a 2.0ohm atty, and I'm rockin' my sweet spot without fear of killing another $20 battery.

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
All the information here is very good especially if you want more flavor from your juice and don't mind dripping. But I'd like to offer another suggestion that works well for me. The problem I was having is having to redrip too often with the metal mesh removed. Sure it's the nature of the beast for this type of surgery and I don't mind dripping while I'm stationary working on the computer for the extra flavor. But there is a way to extend your dripping a few extra puffs by doing the following.

Instead of pushing the metal mesh to the side and removing it eventually, split it down the middle on top of the shiny bridge and push each side to its' respective side of the atty. Now remove the shiny bridge and any wicking material that may be in there. After this is done just flatten the metal mesh more on the sides of the atty and leave it in there. This will allow you to drop one or two extra drops into the atty thus letting it last a tad longer. When you first notice the taste changing, let it sit a few minutes and the extra juice held in the mesh will siphon down giving you a few more puffs. I've been doing this for about a month now and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread