Status
Not open for further replies.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
If you are getting a 1.7 ohm reeading on your atomizer, and it's not flooded. What other possibilities are there for not causing it to heat up?
I'm guessing that's a 17 ohm reading(just guessing) because brand new 510 attys run 2.9-3.2 and as they go higher they are dying. Usually around 10-12 ohms

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
Sorry guys but how exactly do you "burn"? Without having to inhale the dusts of course.
And where can you buy "preoxide" in the UK?
Thanks.

i have a manual battery so

i took out the cartridge then i just poured the peroxide into the atomizer with the battery connected
i poured just enough to fill it about 3 millimeters so that it covered the entire bridge for sure
then i just pressed the button on the battery

to be able to do it with an automatic battery / atomizer you would have to use some type of suction device - maybe a syringe or something or you would have to figure a way to blow into the intake hole ( s )

Used a 3.5 v 1200mA DC power supply from Argos : £10 catalogue item 982/9701.
30vol (9%) H2O2 from Boots the Chemists : 90p for 200 ml (sold as a skin disinfectant & mouthwash).

or maybe do it the way it was done in the video - and connect a 3.5 volt dc power supply to the atomizer

YouTube - e-Cigarette Atomizer In-Place Clean Using H2O2

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
i like the brew rite stuff personally I dont think it does much for the actual coil but its easy and cheap and a once a week bath seems to keep the mesh nice and fresh for absorbing liquid.
I think a real key to maintaining a atomizer might be just to keep the juice flowing to the coil unobstructed. thereby keeping the coil running cool.
also btw did we ever figure out what the crud buildup on the coil was? I had a thought the other day that it might be dust/dirt thats in the air being sucked into the atomizer.
Most of the dust we have in our houses is made up of shed skin cells and since we are mostly carbon it would only make since that when this dust is burned onto something it carbonizes.
Maybe we need to make air filters for our attys to keep the dust out.
combovan

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I have 2 attys been using one since 5/2 running like a champ! The other one from 5/15, guess since it was Platinum, I used it more and let a girlfriend use it at the bar. A first time vaper! noticed some how the liquid had all leaked out inside the tank the next morning? and since then it hasnt vaped well I have never had all the liquid just sitting in the atty I put a empty cart on and vaped away most of it and blew it out but I tihink its just really gunked up. It still sizzles and heats up actually gets real hot but not much vapor. so I think it just is all gunked up its a 510-T atty any one have a good way to clean it I was going to try soaking in alcohol? I tried a hot water bath but really didnt help it really think it just got wet didnt even see any of the water turn color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread