Describe the difference in feel between vaping and smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
So many variables and everything is subjective.

I enjoy vaping more than I ever enjoyed cigarettes when I smoked.

I feel a lot of the rush people speak of with cigarettes is all the other chemicals added and not the nicotine. Just my opinion.
TBH,I enjoy the cigarettes more,but weighting the pros and cons between and cigarettes and vape,I choose the vape as the cigarettes is more harmful then vape.Vape is just lot less evil

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I switched to vaping because I couldn't take smoking anymore. It had come to the point where every draw of smoke hurt my throat and lung, it was taking away my energy, and gave me lots of related health problems... Nothing good, only bad.

There is no reasonable explanation for smoking, except fulfilling a destructive addiction. I don't miss it for a second.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I can remember the rush I used to get when I first started smoking. I would take the dog for a walk and sneak in a smoke. Often it was in the evening and my first smoke of the day. But after I left home and smoked all the time that didn't happen any more. Sometimes got a faint reminder of it if I had to go without a smoke for a while, like on a long plane flight.

It doesn't happen with vaping even if I haven't been able to vape for a while.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
By the end of my smoking career I was so sick and desperate to quit, that I would have welcomed anything that worked.
Even if that meant berating an Albatross with witty quips about French existentialism, I would have leaped at the chance.
As it turned out the solution to my addiction was something I enjoyed, which is nice.

Are the two really different experiences? Not really, inhale and exhale vapor/smoke, throat hit, relief from craving.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
The progression through small vaping devices right through to box mods was a journey worth taking. Using a device which barely worked at all, even with 45mg nicotine, a cig-a-like required patience and a certain technique, for me anyway. The throat hit was below what i'd consider satisfactory, more frustrating.

Skip to present day, the satisfaction i get from an RTA is far and away more noticeable than tobacco ever was or will be.

If smoking could have ever been considered the starter, i'd rather just give it a miss and move straight to the main course. It's totally rubbish by comparison !.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium

I feel a lot of the rush people speak of with cigarettes is all the other chemicals added and not the nicotine. Just my opinion.
After I read up on this particular subject looking for the actual science to weed out all the classical BS, I'm now thoroughly convinced it's the combination, i.e. not just the other chemicals added, but also the nicotine that's enhancing their effect and vice versa. But there's more to this story.

Nicotine, if consumend in absence of these other chemicals specifically by vaping it in such a way that it is absorbed into the body at profoundly slower rates (not Juul, but using juices that have lower concentrations of nicotine in them, i.e. at 5mg/ml nic strength or lower) when compared to smoking a normal cigarette, causes a radically different kind of effect in the particular sense that it suppresses cravings so it causes a general feeling of relief to those who would suffer from these cravings, but the dopamine rush or 'buzz' typically associated with smoking your first cigarette in the morning is definitely not there. The addictiveness of nicotine depends on the delivery system. So, by definition, nicotine delivered through a delivery system that does not cause nicotine to be addictive, is not an addictive substance. This also explains why, for example, you can't find any people who became addicted to nicotine patches. The claim that nicotine without tobacco is highly addictive is just and old myth that is fueled by anti-scientific propaganda, a big lie being kept alive in exchange for blood money.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Notice how anti-vaping campaigns are both systemically exaggerating and systemically aiming a fierce spotlight on the harm resulting from e-cigarette use in order to attempt to manipulate how e-cigarettes are perceived by the general populus for the sole purpose of maintaining an opportunistic future to nurture financial interest groups persistently riding along with corporate greed. Harm reduction inherent of vaping used as a smoking cessation tool is being downplayed by them like no tomorrow, and it really shows, as this downplay has grown very far beyond epidemic proportions much to the point of barbarism in the truest sense of the word barbarism.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
After I read up on this particular subject looking for the actual science to weed out all the classical BS, I'm now thoroughly convinced it's the combination, i.e. not just the other chemicals added, but also the nicotine that's enhancing their effect and vice versa. But there's more to this story.

Nicotine, if consumend in absence of these other chemicals specifically by vaping it in such a way that it is absorbed into the body at profoundly slower rates (not Juul, but using juices that have lower concentrations of nicotine in them, i.e. at 5mg/ml nic strength or lower) when compared to smoking a normal cigarette, causes a radically different kind of effect in the particular sense that it suppresses cravings so it causes a general feeling of relief to to those who would suffer from these cravings, but the dopamine rush or 'buzz' typically associated with smoking your first cigarette in the morning is definitely not there. The addictiveness of nicotine depends on the delivery system. So, by definition, nicotine delivered through a delivery system that does not cause nicotine to be addictive, is not an addictive substance. This also explains why, for example, you can't find any people who became addicted to nicotine patches. The claim that nicotine without tobacco is highly addictive is just and old myth that is fueled by anti-scientific propaganda, a big lie being kept alive in exchange for blood money.
I did the same as you. Turns out there are very few studies done on nicotine sans tobacco. And it seems the scientific community completely discards all of them prior to circa 2012...just bad science. And all of those that didn't involve tobacco showed it was almost impossible to develop an addiction without it.

I read one that was properly done, but it required gene modification of mice, and was far from conclusive. In fact, it yielded some contradictory results.

So I'm back where I started: believing that nic is about on par with caffeine.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t remember ever getting a rush from cigarettes or vaping (although I’m sure I did early in my smoking career but that was a long time ago), just the happy feeling of not wanting to kill everyone I came in contact with.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I did the same as you. Turns out there are very few studies done on nicotine sans tobacco. And it seems the scientific community completely discards all of them prior to circa 2012...just bad science. And all of those that didn't involve tobacco showed it was almost impossible to develop an addiction without it.

I read one that was properly done, but it required gene modification of mice, and was far from conclusive. In fact, it yielded some contradictory results.

Not almost, but UTTERLY impossible to develop an addiction to nicotine without tobacco and without some other type of delivery system that's been specifically engineered to actually FORCE it to become addictive. AFAIK, a few rats in a lab under complex circumstances being in one location more than another with complex stimuli is the only "proof" that exists in support of "nicotine by itself is an addictive substance". The copious act of confounding nicotine with tobacco is why the tobacco control lobby urgently needs to be controlled by genuinely sensible people who believe in the scientific method instead of black magic and clear insanity, as enough time has already been wasted on this kind of pure nonsense.

• Winner
Reactions: MacTechVpr

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I don’t remember ever getting a rush from cigarettes or vaping (although I’m sure I did early in my smoking career but that was a long time ago), just the happy feeling of not wanting to kill everyone I came in contact with.

For me this is the difference too. If I hadn't had a cigarette in hours - I wanted to kill people ;) if I haven't had a vape in hours - it is no big deal at all.

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Yeah, the intensity of the rush from cigarettes tends to rapidly fade into the distant landscape, as the addiction kicks in so it skews perception in such a way that withdrawal symptoms are getting suppressed by the rush and also the rush is getting suppressed by the effects of addiction until the rush is essentially replaced with a feeling to satisfy cravings.

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium

From what I have heard the particles in cigarette smoke are much smaller than the droplets in a vape cloud, so those smoke particles are inhaled much more deeply into the lungs, facilitating the quicker transfer of nicotine (through the alveoli) into the blood stream. And then because particles of smoke are solid bits of highly toxic waste your lungs are greatly damaged from smoking because you can't eject those particles in an efficient manner.

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium

I would be inclined to agree with you. Now that I have been getting my nicotine from vaping rather than smoking for quite some time, my behavior regarding my addiction is dramatically changed. Just last night on my lunch break from work I fixed a plate, went outside to eat it, checked my phone for messages, and then started hitting my vape. That would be unheard of behavior among long time heavy smokers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread