Detroit Free Press article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Kind of generic and short article in the Freep today.

E-cigarettes come under scrutiny on safety | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Now, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may have set in motion a grueling testing and review process to determine whether e-cigarettes really help consumers stop smoking conventional tobacco, and whether they're safe and effective.

I do not like the headline at all however. My Dad alerted me to this article and said he read there were side effects. The problem with a headline like this is it plants those thoughts in people's heads.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Kind of generic and short article in the Freep today.

E-cigarettes come under scrutiny on safety | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I do not like the headline at all however. My Dad alerted me to this article and said he read there were side effects. The problem with a headline like this is it plants those thoughts in people's heads.

I saw no mention of side effects in the story, but please let your father know that I can assure him that there are very definitely side effects. For example, I used to be kept awake at night by loud wheezing. Since I switched to the electronic cigarette, that has disappeared. Also gone is the productive morning cough. And now I can laugh out loud without going into a fit of coughing.

In fact, he can read reports of the "side effects" from thousands of people by viewing the comments left at the petition: E-Cigarettes Save Lives - A Petition for Policy Change
There is a "View Signatures" button in the left hand navigation bar.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I saw no mention of side effects in the story, but please let your father know that I can assure him that there are very definitely side effects. For example, I used to be kept awake at night by loud wheezing. Since I switched to the electronic cigarette, that has disappeared. Also gone is the productive morning cough. And now I can laugh out loud without going into a fit of coughing.

In fact, he can read reports of the "side effects" from thousands of people by viewing the comments left at the petition: E-Cigarettes Save Lives - A Petition for Policy Change
There is a "View Signatures" button in the left hand navigation bar.

Totally agree. He misread it and got the idea many will. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread