• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DFW Vape Meet-4/28 Boomerjack's Arlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I have an idea...Since vendors are open on Saturday then lets try having the meets on Sunday earlier in the day. Another big issue is recently our one and only babysitter is only available on Sundays and Mondays so any other day would make it hard for us to be there. I would really hate to miss all the vape meets:(

I'm open to Sundays too, and I certainly don't want you to miss any meets. :) We do need to do what the majority can do though, and it's only one day a month, whether Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. It can certainly alternate every month too - doesn't have to be set in stone that it's "the third Saturday at 4pm monthly" or something. We can vote on date/time/place every month.

I also have an idea, before the last meet I tried to pm a lot of the members in the group and got a lot of people from north dfw wanting to do it up there to. So I was thinking maybe we should alternate. Maybe denton/ lewsville area then Arlington area. Let me know what you think.

or somewhere in between the two as a compromise, just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do u have a city in mind? Grapevine, coppel, lewisville. (but grapevine has lots of construction rite now )

I didn't have anything in mind in particular, but north Fort Worth on over to Grapevine area is what I was thinking. I agree Grapevine area is pretty torn up right now.

Location is certainly open to vote, and we could definitely move it around every month, or switch between two spots every month maybe.

Mid-cities was initially chosen as a compromise for everyone as it was central to Dallas and Ft Worth. Arlington was eventually chosen because of construction/traffic concerns in the mid-cities area. We can certainly move it around, and I have no problem going wherever it is, just want to point out that because the metroplex is so wide spread, we may want to consider keeping it in a somewhat central location to accommodate the masses, so to speak. :)

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
I know we have plenty of time to figure things out but I also feel like nothing will get decided on using this method. I say either myself or Sonic set a place date and time that accommodates everybody's schedule. Most people have the weekends off so we know Saturday or Sunday would be the best. I feel that the 28th or 29th would be a good date. I am working on the location as we speak but there's not a whole lot of places that are as good as boomerjacks or Dave and Busters. The sooner we get this set in stone the sooner we can start promoting and James from DFWvapor can get with his sources and get them promoting. If we want a huge turnout then let's get something decided soon.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Saturday's are rough for me, because my son's band,Krash Rover usually gigs on Saturday's & that date,the 21rst, they are playing an outdoor festival in Point Tx. I also have several newbies & wanna try it's that are interested in the next meet up.

I liked the Boomerjack's location, but would like to see a less crowded/popular location,parking was a bit tight. I know a great little Mexican restaurant in Bedford at 121 & Harwood rd, that has a private room that would accommodate @ 50 peeps. It's called Los Jimadores Los Jimadores Home & I know they would welcome us anytime. The food is great & the beer is cold. I'd be more than happy to set it up, just let me know.
Cheers
NB

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
Ok, I've been racking my brain trying to find a place that is as good as BoomerJack"s and I can't find a place. It was perfect for our group and vendors. Let's just have the next meet there. I think the best date is April 29 from 4 p.m - 9 p.m. This way everybody has time to plan and help spread the word. I chose Sunday because it seems like everybody would be happier with that and more people can fit that into their schedule. I was trying to come up with another town to do this in but there's so much construction and it seems like nobody wants to deal with it. Arlington isn't exactly a central location but it's pretty close. We all have to drive to get there (some farther than others) but it shouldn't be about that. Let's get it done North Texas!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Sounds great, I think Sunday afternoon will be fine at Boomerjacks.

Perhaps for future meets we should continue to alternate between Friday and Sunday so that those that can't make one, can make the other. It seems there won't be one particular day/time that everyone can make for one reason or another. So maybe this is the best way to handle it?

I'll stick a poll up to make it easier to track votes for preferences. :)

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
Sounds great, I think Sunday afternoon will be fine at Boomerjacks.

Perhaps for future meets we should continue to alternate between Friday and Sunday so that those that can't make one, can make the other. It seems there won't be one particular day/time that everyone can make for one reason or another. So maybe this is the best way to handle it?

I'll stick a poll up to make it easier to track votes for preferences. :)

Changed the date to the 28th of April. There was to much hoopla on the Sunday date.

Acheron

Jul 20, 2010
irving, tx
That's really good to hear! I was going to ask her last night how everything worked out and got distracted and forgot. :unsure:

Yes, she was very good, really attentive, I never wanted for anything. So many times in that type of environment you find sometimes it's hard to get drinks ordered, etc., so I was very pleased with that myself! :D

and she was nice to look at... and played with my daughter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread