The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DFW Vape Meet-4/28 Boomerjack's Arlington

Discussion in 'North Texas Vapers' started by sonicdsl, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ann_Marie

Ann_Marie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    Arlington Texas

2. wynna86

wynna86 Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    justin, texas
    Do u have a city in mind? Grapevine, coppel, lewisville. (but grapevine has lots of construction rite now )

3. TXJason

TXJason Full Member Verified Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    I didn't have anything in mind in particular, but north Fort Worth on over to Grapevine area is what I was thinking. I agree Grapevine area is pretty torn up right now.

4. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Wandering life's highway Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    I'm open to Sundays too, and I certainly don't want you to miss any meets. :) We do need to do what the majority can do though, and it's only one day a month, whether Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. It can certainly alternate every month too - doesn't have to be set in stone that it's "the third Saturday at 4pm monthly" or something. We can vote on date/time/place every month.

Location is certainly open to vote, and we could definitely move it around every month, or switch between two spots every month maybe.

Mid-cities was initially chosen as a compromise for everyone as it was central to Dallas and Ft Worth. Arlington was eventually chosen because of construction/traffic concerns in the mid-cities area. We can certainly move it around, and I have no problem going wherever it is, just want to point out that because the metroplex is so wide spread, we may want to consider keeping it in a somewhat central location to accommodate the masses, so to speak. :)

5. christhomaswynn

christhomaswynn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    Sounds good Sonic...I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can handle missing a meet here and there but not all of them.

6. Ann_Marie

Ann_Marie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    Arlington Texas
    Vixen Vapors doesn't close their shop on Saturdays until 4pm so that will be a little difficult :( Texas Vapes is available either date and time :)

7. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    I know we have plenty of time to figure things out but I also feel like nothing will get decided on using this method. I say either myself or Sonic set a place date and time that accommodates everybody's schedule. Most people have the weekends off so we know Saturday or Sunday would be the best. I feel that the 28th or 29th would be a good date. I am working on the location as we speak but there's not a whole lot of places that are as good as boomerjacks or Dave and Busters. The sooner we get this set in stone the sooner we can start promoting and James from DFWvapor can get with his sources and get them promoting. If we want a huge turnout then let's get something decided soon.

8. newbutt

newbutt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Saturday's are rough for me, because my son's band,Krash Rover usually gigs on Saturday's & that date,the 21rst, they are playing an outdoor festival in Point Tx. I also have several newbies & wanna try it's that are interested in the next meet up.

I liked the Boomerjack's location, but would like to see a less crowded/popular location,parking was a bit tight. I know a great little Mexican restaurant in Bedford at 121 & Harwood rd, that has a private room that would accommodate @ 50 peeps. It's called Los Jimadores Los Jimadores Home & I know they would welcome us anytime. The food is great & the beer is cold. I'd be more than happy to set it up, just let me know.
    Cheers
    NB

9. mom2-7girls

mom2-7girls Senior Member ECF Veteran

Allen has lots of places that are new now...:) Also there is Hanks up in Mckinney too..... I will watch the thread and if a meet ends up closer I will be there.. There are lots of us here is Allen alone... might not be here on ECF but we are here!!

10. wynna86

wynna86 Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    justin, texas
    So I think we should do boomerjacks on April 29th

11. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    Ok, I've been racking my brain trying to find a place that is as good as BoomerJack"s and I can't find a place. It was perfect for our group and vendors. Let's just have the next meet there. I think the best date is April 29 from 4 p.m - 9 p.m. This way everybody has time to plan and help spread the word. I chose Sunday because it seems like everybody would be happier with that and more people can fit that into their schedule. I was trying to come up with another town to do this in but there's so much construction and it seems like nobody wants to deal with it. Arlington isn't exactly a central location but it's pretty close. We all have to drive to get there (some farther than others) but it shouldn't be about that. Let's get it done North Texas!

12. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    Correction on the date...It is going to be on the 28th of April...Same place and time as the last meet.

13. sportyfortyeight

sportyfortyeight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2011
    dfw,texas,usa
    Yall have fun. Me and the ol lady will have to miss the Sunday meets as I work Sundays

14. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Wandering life's highway Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Sounds great, I think Sunday afternoon will be fine at Boomerjacks.

Perhaps for future meets we should continue to alternate between Friday and Sunday so that those that can't make one, can make the other. It seems there won't be one particular day/time that everyone can make for one reason or another. So maybe this is the best way to handle it?

I'll stick a poll up to make it easier to track votes for preferences. :)

15. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    I changed the date to Saturday the 28th of April at 7 p.m. Make sure to read all of the posts as they are all equally important.

16. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    Changed the date to the 28th of April. There was to much hoopla on the Sunday date.

17. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    Next vape meet details set in stone...

Place: BoomerJacks in Arlington
    Date: April 28, 2012
    Time: 7 p.m. - ???

If you need directions then just punch in the location on google maps. Any other questions can be answered by myself or sonic...Hope to see you there!

18. sportyfortyeight

sportyfortyeight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2011
    dfw,texas,usa
    I think we posted about the same time as I didn't see your post about the change

19. christhomaswynn

Mar 7, 2012
    Texas
    It's all good man...hope to see you there.

20. Acheron

Acheron Full Member

Jul 20, 2010
    irving, tx
    and she was nice to look at... and played with my daughter ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.