The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Diagnosed with cancer.

Discussion in 'Cancer Survivors and Loved Ones' started by txtumbleweed, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I just found out my biopsy results today and they were positive for cancer in my lymph nodes in my throat and a tonsil. I will be getting it operated on the 24th, Christmas eve. My timing is not very good but being as it has grown so much they don't want to delay at getting it taken care of. The doctor said it was most likely caused by my many years of smoking and abuse of alcohol even though I quit drinking 13 years ago and quit smoking three years ago I still am reaping what I sowed. No one in my family had ever been diagnosed with cancer before so I was rather surprised but I found out no one is immune to the disease. Being as we are all test cases for vaping I thought I would post this. I am 72 and smoked off and on for 60 years. I've been vaping for three years and am a rather heavy vaper. I don't think vaping has anything to do with this but we do need to keep records of any health issues that could possibly be related for the benefit of all. I do know that smoking was killing me and my breathing is 100% better than it was. I already have COPD from smoking so many years. I will keep this updated and let you know how it all turns out.:)

2. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    so sorry to hear this. you will be in my thoughts.

3. dragonfly72

dragonfly72 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2012
    Berwick
    So sorry to hear about your health....stay strong...my thoughts are with you...I'm here for support in whatever way possible.

4. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

5. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Thanks for the well wishes! I am in Seattle for the surgery and everthing is all set for the 24th. I will check back afterwards to let you know how it goes. It will probably be a week or so after Christmas before I get back home and will feel like posting.
    :tumble:

6. dragonfly72

dragonfly72 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2012
    Berwick
    Merry Christmas txtumbleweed....I hope your surgery went well today. Hope to hear that you are doing well soon!

7. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    I just found this thread! I'm keeping you in my prayers! We're here if you need us.

8. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Thank you trukinlady for the prayers. The Lord was with me forsure!
    I'm back home now recupperating. They were able to get most of it but some was connected to my collateral artery so I will be going back for radiation and Chemo treatment on the 22nd. It will be about 5-6 weeks of treatment.
    The good news is they let me vape all the time I was in the hospital.:)

9. trukinlady

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    God Bless you TX! I'm keeping you in my prayers! I know how difficult this is, but just remember He is in control!! Amen!!

10. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It will be a Fight but you Can Do It!

Be Strong and know that you are Not Alone.

11. bruiser

Nov 20, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Good to see you posting again, 'weed. Hope you're beginning to feel somewhat better.

12. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Moved On

Dec 30, 2012
    Somerset, MA
    Fellow vaper, you've made it this far.Show that garbage who's boss and don't fail to thrive (actual condition).
    I will be following this thread.

13. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Thanks eveyone. I'm about healed from the surgery on my neck and no longer in much pain except when I start to chew. I begin my Radiation and Chemo treatments tomorrow. They inserted a feeding tube in my stomach because they don't think I will be able to eat much after they get started. I just hope vaping doesn't bother it and I don't think it will being as it didn't bother it after the surgery. I can give up solid food but vaping would be a different story. :ohmy:

14. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    You'll get thru it. We are All pulling for you.

:)

15. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I had my first chemo treatment yesterday and my first radiation treatment today and everything went good. I will be getting 3 chemo and 33 radiation treatments.

16. 2nd chance

2nd chance Moved On

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    ((((((Strength)))))))

Be well:thumb:

17. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Glad your over the First Hurdle... Knowing what the Chemo and Rad Treatment are going to be like what you can expect.

Understanding what you're in for can in a way be a Load off your Mind. Sometimes that Not Knowing can be scary.

Hope you are doing well today.

Hope you are doing well.

18. trukinlady

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    I hope you are doing OK, TX! Chemo affects people in different ways. I know how rough it is, but God will see you through it! If you need to PM me for any reason, please don't hesitate to do so! I've been where you are, and I understand what its like. Take one day at a time. I'm keeping you in my prayers!

19. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Thanks, All is good so far just a little queasy at times after one chemo and two rad treatments. I know the fun lies ahead but I do know I can endure what ever lies ahead through Jesus who strengthens me!

20. bruiser

Nov 20, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    How are things going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.