Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings,

while one of my favorite combo's is my Dani 25 and a kayfun 25 squared I've been having difficulty replicating it. (all I use is TC mode)

Namely, I've purchased other Dicodes mods and more kayfun 25's and now have 3 Kayfun 25's (and a few v4's I have laying around built up) that will not read resistance reliably or consistently on my Dicodes mods. (I have Dani 25, Dani 21700 and #6)

One example is a RTA that reads 0.12 ohms on my ohm reader, 0.15 on a eleaf Pico and 0.22 ohms on the Dicodes. Ok, fair enough - different mods read resistance different. While it vaped ok for a while I started getting dead hits - or no hit at all. Look at the screen and it had 9 OHMS! OMG!

It needs to be said that all these RTA's work fine on non-Dicodes mods.

My two Dicodes #6's have had Lemo2's on them for years without issue. Pull the Lemo2 off one and replace it with a Kayfun 25 squared and all I have is issues.

I'm thinking that the 510 pin length of the Kayfun's is marginal for Dicodes mods.

Anyone else having issues with Kayfuns and Dicodes mods?

Thanks,

George.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    It has to be something to do with the connection they're making with the Dicodes mod then, which is weird as they're marketed together usually. So it seems as though it may be an issue that cannot be resolved.

I'd deffinitely now say that the Atmizoo Tripod is well worth a look at, at least. It's the only RTA that has left Jai Haze speechless, and that's a feat in itself.

But I've no ideas on if you'll encounter the same issue, but you can always email Atmizoo and ask about if they would be compatable. I've heard that their customer service is excellent and they seem like decent folks.

Reactions: stols001

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Greetings,

while one of my favorite combo's is my Dani 25 and a Kayfun 25 squared I've been having difficulty replicating it. (all I use is TC mode)

Namely, I've purchased other Dicodes mods and more Kayfun 25's and now have 3 Kayfun 25's (and a few v4's I have laying around built up) that will not read resistance reliably or consistently on my Dicodes mods. (I have Dani 25, Dani 21700 and #6)

One example is a RTA that reads 0.12 ohms on my ohm reader, 0.15 on a Eleaf Pico and 0.22 ohms on the Dicodes. Ok, fair enough - different mods read resistance different. While it vaped ok for a while I started getting dead hits - or no hit at all. Look at the screen and it had 9 OHMS! OMG!

It needs to be said that all these RTA's work fine on non-Dicodes mods.

My two Dicodes #6's have had Lemo2's on them for years without issue. Pull the Lemo2 off one and replace it with a Kayfun 25 squared and all I have is issues.

I'm thinking that the 510 pin length of the Kayfun's is marginal for Dicodes mods.

Anyone else having issues with Kayfuns and Dicodes mods?

Thanks,

George.
    Have you tried contacting the Dicodes folks? They also list and sell the Kayfun 25 squared, so I am certain it works with their Dani mods. Svoemesto

Here is their Support contact page: Home of dicodes and vaporjack (en)

I don't have a Dani (yet, working on it) but I know the settings run very deep from looking at their user manuals. Just a thought, but perhaps a setting was changed. Maybe restore one of your Dani's to the factory defaults and try again.

Another thought is to ask in the Dani mini box thread. There are a lot of pretty experienced Dani lovers there. :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Mordacai

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I have dozens of other tanks to use, I'm not looking for a new tank. (I know Lemo2's work and I have 1/2 dozen of them)

I was looking for OTHERS that have Kayfuns and are using Dicodes mods and if they are having issues as well.
    I'm confident you don't need any other tank. In the authentic Kayfun lite 2019 thread there are a few folks using them with Dani's. I know some of those own different Kayfun's they use with a Dani as well.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Have you tried contacting the Dicodes folks? They also list and sell the Kayfun 25 squared, so I am certain it works with their Dani mods. Svoemesto

Here is their Support contact page: Home of dicodes and vaporjack (en)

I don't have a Dani (yet, working on it) but I know the settings run very deep from looking at their user manuals. Just a thought, but perhaps a setting was changed. Maybe restore one of your Dani's to the factory defaults and try again.

Another thought is to ask in the Dani mini box thread. There are a lot of pretty experienced Dani lovers there. :)

I've contacted the seller "Creame De Vape" in England. (where I bought both)

I have a handful of Kayfun's and Dicodes mods that have been in service for years. Just not together.

• Informative
    Reactions: Mordacai

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I have Kayfun's but no Dani's. :D About ready to pop for a Dani mini box as most everyone here are very pleased with theirs.

I have two #6's that have been in service for years that I'm quite happy with along with 2 21700 tube mods and two 21700 box mods. (6 Dicodes mods total)

The Dani Mini is very popular with the 18650 crowd.

Dicodes makes a fine product.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Ulton do a GT IV and GT IV S @ShowerHead, they also do an open and MTL positive pole for the GT IV. Which unfortunately I have no idea of whether it will work with the GT IV S, but if it does it would open up options for folks.

I have a couple of the Ulton GT IV clones and they're very good quality (materials and machining). The only things that are complaints or issues are no glass for the tank, o rings are of dubious quality and the deck screws are not great quality.

But a pack of decent M2.5 × 4mm stainless grub screws fix the deck screws issue and o rings can always be replaced over time.

But when I got mine, they needed a deep clean due to being contaminated with machining oil. It was everywhere.

• Winner
    Reactions: ShowerHead

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Here's a image of the GT4 clone atop the Dicodes. While I don't like the drip tip on this tank, the combo looks like they are made for each other:

50427977616_884cff21ea_c.jpg

adjustable juice and air flow, easy to build deck, inexpensive, looks good on my Dicodes tube mod. Whats not to like?

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread