Did I get a fake Ego Cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago- I went to this new e cig store. I bought a Joy Tech Ego Cig. It is a pass through with a 1000 mah battery. I have been wanting an Ego cig for a long time- because I have heard so many great things about it. I am concerned with the authenticity of it for a couple of reasons. It does have a logo on the bottom that says Ego-C and it came in a Joy Tech box, but the logo is a little different from the ones that I keep seeing on the internet. I have also read that my Ego cig is suppose to have variable voltage. These sites on the internet say that if you hold the button down for 5 seconds- the light will turn orange and I will be able to smoke at a higher voltage- but nothing happens when I do this to mine. I also bought 2 mt3s atomizers from this same store and the first one leaked out all over me the very first time I used it and the second one kind of works- maybe for 20 puffs and then it gurgles, fills my mouth and my tank up with liquid. I have spend over $120.00 in the past three days trying to get this thing to work right- and then I find out it's not even doing what it's suppose to. Are all pass through ego cigs with a 1000 mah battery supposed to have a variable voltage or did I get ripped off?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
They are ALL from China

In case you wanted to know

I highly recommend you visit the library....alot of useful information there

The ECF Library

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

Does it have a twist bottom, if not, its the 3-5 clicks to change the voltage type eGo
The eGo-C twist battery is another advanced version based on the eGo-T original. The circuit has been modified to enable adjustment of the output voltage from 3.2V to 4.8V in 0.2V increments using a simple 'twist' of the end cap at the bottom of the battery.With a smart Buck-Boost converter inside, you can spin the control dial at the end of the battery to adjust the output voltage to your requirement. No messy menus, each voltage is clearly marked on the dial!
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1408804-ego-c-twist-1100mah-variable-voltage-rechargeable

Need pics of your setup too please

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Ego C upgrade has the option of using it in normal regulated mode, or in unregulated mode that will run at whatever your battery charge is. In order to change between the two, first you have to turn the ego off with the 5 click on/off option. Then while it is off, press and hold the fire button, I believe it is closer to 10 seconds than five. If it flashes orange, you are now in unregulated mode, blue flash means you are in regulated mode. At least that is how my Joyetech 650 mah Ego C upgrade passthrough works.

I can't really help with the MT3's, other than to say the second one sounds flooded. MT3 needs to be hit lightly, or it can and will flood.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Joyetech eGo c 1000 mAh PT is not a vv device.

Is this what you ordered? If so, it has two modes--regulated (3.3v) and unregulated (3.7v):

Joyetech eGo-C 1000mAh USB Pass-through Battery for Electronic Cigarette

MT3 clearos are good very popular; but it takes some practice to figure out how to use them correctly. I suggest reading and watching Youtube videos on the subject--very helpful.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Pstarsr

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
My understanding, and from my batteries here. The only ego-c with the two voltage modes is the ego-c upgrade battery, which has upgrade printed on it. Don't be fooled the instructions that come with joyetech kits still explains how to change modes even if your battery in the kit is not a battery with this option.

These aren't really the variable voltage we usually talk about on the forum, like the twist. Or other batteries. They have two modes, regulated and unregulated ( or straight battery voltage ). I guess that is variable in a way because as the battery depletes the voltage will go down, and "vary". But it's not really what this forum calls variable voltage.

Authorized seller usually state so on the site somewhere, but that doesn't mean it isn't a real joyetech. But you do have to look carefully when purchasing from these places. The knock offs can be hard to tell just at a glance. The logo on bottom is usually the tell, but I'm not sure what your logo is. You didn't really say.

My standard 650mah ego-c battery has this logo
sure5yju.jpg

The pass thru battery's have a cap that covers the USB plug, this usually has the logo on it.

5u8a9ygy.jpg

From joyetechs site, they don't state if the pass thru has the "upgrade" of dual voltage mode.

ezyqavu3.jpg

You probably got a real joyetech, but are thinking it was something else

As far as your mt3's. You said one was trash to start, ok. But the other gurgles and fills the tank? The tank should already be filled with juice. Maybe help us out and explain a bit more. I beleive those are called evod tanks, and lots of people use them with good success, so it's not a bad tank.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The original eGo-C battery and atomizers were made by Ovale. ;)

eGo_C_black_box_image_02-500x500.jpg

Yeah, it's confusing. :facepalm:

Actually, isn't Ovale just the official US supplier for JoyeTech:)

To Op:
Sounds to me like your Batteries are Logo'd and legitimate product. Simply a case of not knowing what you purchased vs what is available.
As to your Tanks. You just had a good example of bad experience with Good Product.

I can only assume from your description in posting, you are fairly new to Vaping. This can mean you are using the gear improperly and actually creating issues for yourself.
New Tank -
Inspect thoroughly
Remove base/wick and rinse everything under hot water or soak in alcohol for a few minutes, then rinse.
Air dry
Check that coil is tight in base if 2 piece
Inspect coil area to assure no gaps into tube around wick material. Gaps = flooding
Fill tank, make sure gaskets/seals are in place and install base.

Screw tank gently onto battery just to the point of resistance(contacting center pins) and STOP. Over tightening causes contact area damage.

Do Not take Short Hard Draws
This action causes a Pumping effect in tanks and leads to Flooding and quickly siphoning tank empty.
Longer light draws produce better Flavor and Vapor while reducing sudden pressure changes on the tanks.

If leaving a partially full Bottom coil Tank over night, place upside down to reduce gravity feeding e-liquid from tank.

Take your time
Visit Youtube for excellent video advice(and some bad)
things will start to make sense in short order.
:)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    They should be called Selectable Voltage, I agree. I do consider Joye a premium product tho and they are only priced within that range. So it's not like a ripoff that way.

Joye didn't have a 3.7 unregulated on the market, like Kgo and Riva- so this fills that void for me. The lower setting is good for the people that only want that voltage and longer battery life.

There are many people that buy the Twist that always keep it set on the lowest setting- 3.2.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Not to my knowledge. Ovale is an independent joint venture between an Italian Pharmacy chain, Joyetech and a Korean distributor--whatever that means. :D If I remember correctly--it's been a while since I read about it.

About Us - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

I've often wondered if the Italian Pharmaceutical Company (whose name I have never run across) might be the makers of Liqua. It makes sense to me if it was true.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    The MT3S is a quality product. I have two.

Flooding of those tanks is usually caused by two things: insufficient wick and overdrawing on the tank (especially when liquid levels are low).

Follow crxess' advice on getting it set up right. Inspect the top of the coil/base unit where the two ends of the wicking material stick out. They should be light, white and fluffy, with no piece of it extending beyond the base. If you want to look further, get a small pair of pliers and gently tug on the airshaft while rocking back and forth a little.

The shaft will come out, exposing the wick. You should see one to three strands of loose wick laying across the top of the coil. These are the tanks primary defense against leaking. If they are gone, or there are less than three of them, you can add to them by rolling up a piece of a cotton ball and laying them across the top of the coil. Replace the shaft afterwards and trim the ends of the wick using nailclippers.

Ignore any advice you get to remove flavor wicks. Bad idea propagated on the internet.

How you draw when using it is important, too. You are not smoking, so don't try to draw on it like it's a cigarette. Just create a little bit of a vaccum using your mouth. A 3-5 second draw is usually about right, but you can puff like this a few times, as long as you do it nice and slow.

Your technique will get better with practice, and so will your experience. Trust me! :)

SirSteve

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 10, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I started to post this earlier, but changed my mind when I read that the OP has a pass through. I have a regular Joyetech eGo-C Upgrade that has the two (pointless in my experience) voltage modes: blue and orange. It is not a pass through. This is how it is marked:

3r4.gif

Does seem about pointless to me also. Very first Ego I bought was the Ego C upgrade, a 650 mah passthrough. I bought it to try an Ego and with the passthrough I didn't need to buy a charger. But the actual feature of changing from regulated to unregulated was pretty much useless for me. The ego style and passthrough function were nice though, and it did get me started down the road to more advanced devices, so for me it was a good buy.

I still have that Ego and it still works, just doesn't get much use. If I ever meet an aspiring vapor, maybe I'll pif, nice entry level battery.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Not to my knowledge. Ovale is an independent joint venture between an Italian Pharmacy chain, Joyetech and a Korean distributor--whatever that means. :D If I remember correctly--it's been a while since I read about it.

About Us - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

Janty invented the eGo. Ovale invented the eGo-t, eGo-C. The epitome of ridiculous??? JoyeTech stating Janty sells knockoffs:facepalm:
    http://www.joyetech.com/about/copycat.php
    I can't find it but there was an interview with the CEO of Janty and when asked about their brand being copied he said: "That's the way they do business in China and there's not much we can do".
    As far as an eGo class PV I much prefer the SLB Kgo- unlike the JoyeTech eGo which fires at 3.3 volts the Kgo fires at 3.7 volts. I own both and notice a difference.

Found the Vid

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've often wondered if the Italian Pharmaceutical Company (whose name I have never run across) might be the makers of Liqua. It makes sense to me if it was true.

I checked a while back and it seems Liqua comes from a place called Ritchy, based in Hong Kong.
    E-Liquid | Ritchy | EN

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    I checked a while back and it seems Liqua comes from a place called Ritchy, based in Hong Kong.
    E-Liquid | Ritchy | EN

Lol! Vendors say it's Italian, but I'm not surprised it's from Hong Kong. Reminds me of another let's-try-to-be-western company: Sigelei. I've often wondered how Sigelei sounds when spoken with a Chinese accent...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread