Facedesk-1.jpg

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
The bigger question right now is do you have a charger that plays nicely and knows what to do with under voltage batteries?

UltraFire WF-139? It should.

Though I just measured the battery and it's reading 4.3V. Not sure if I want to keep using this charger now that I know it's overcharging.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Depending on the charger, it will either detect low voltage - and then do absolutely nothing. Or it will apply very low current to the battery until it can raise it back over 2.7 volts and only then begin a normal charge cycle. I know the Xtar chargers are capable of doing this. (blank)Fires? - no idea.

All Xtar chargers are 20% off right now at RTD Vapor. You would be doing yourself a big favor even getting the Xtar WPII 2 on sale now for $15.96 Code ECF5 gets you an additional 5% off on top of that. :2c:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
According to the specs of the charger I have, it does trickle charge when the voltage is under 2.7... I'm just curious if letting it charge my batteries to 4.3V is going to shorten their life. It should be shutting off at 4.2V.

Check out table #4 on this page.

At 4.3 V you are getting 10% more charge into the batteries and losing 1/2 their life. I try to take my batteries off charge a bit early. You'll see why from that table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread