Did you ever use e-cig in airplane bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eivind211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Salem, OR, USA
make sure you unscrew your tank a little to deal with the change in air pressure! i had a prefilled T3 on my MVP and when gaining altitude it squirted juice through the air holes due to the pressure. once at altitude it quit, so next time i'm on a flight i always loosen them up a little.

That would work for already filled tanks. Would filling on board require anything like this?

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Amtrak also bans vaping on passenger trains.

A year ago, we took Amtrak from Chicago to Washington, DC. Needless to say, I took a whole bunch of restroom breaks on the 20-hour trip. On one potty-trip, I opened the door and smelled Boba's Bounty (or a clone of same). Clearly, there was another vaper on board.

• Informative
Reactions: Marina2

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I did, but I made sure I double inhaled so I didn't produce any vapour. On my last flight, in September, we had major turbulence, so had to stay in our seats for most of the flight. When I got really desperate, I just leaned forward and did a bit of stealth vaping in my seat - had a window seat so no one noticed. It is a risk though. I use a Vmod mini though, fits in the palm of my hand and doesn't suffer from pressure changes.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Never in the bathroom but always in my seat. Vaping is not banned on most or any airlines that I know of but a bit of discretion is always advised. Holding in your hit produces very little output on the exhale and blowing that output into your shirt makes things pretty much unnoticeable. I think a big cloud of vapor could not only be offensive to those around but also a bit panic producing for a fearful flyer.

Nobody has to even know your vaping if you do it right. I've been caught a few times by flight attendants and other than a quick glance, never a word said.

I was on a flight recently from Charlotte to San Juan, when the FA asked if I was using an e-cig and I said yes. I was expecting a scolding but instead got questions about it. I happened to have some samples kits in my carry on and proceeding to show 4 FA's how to vape while we were standing in the galley in the back of the plane. I gave them all some eGo starter kits and whatever e-liquid I had. I got a few free drinks after that :)

hoog

BLennon

Nov 18, 2013
Philadelphia PA
I didn't bother to vape in the bathroom on a flight yesterday. On US Airways. Just did it in my seat. First tried blowing it into my shirt. That didn't work since it all came out an shot above my head. I stopped trying to conceal and not a word from anyone. One thing I did notice was the ego twist and EVOD stopped working when we reached 33,000 feet but eventually started working real well. My wife used her e-roll next to me and that worked fine.
At the Fort Lauderdale airport there was 4 other people that we knew returning to Philly with us who were smokers (not vapers). the two of us openly vaped waiting for the plane and the 4 smokers were envious.
Overall a good vaping experience.

ashishsonileo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Herndon
If you just be little discrete, and make sure you are not blowing clouds, there shouldn't be any problems.
I fly a lot, not only within the country but internationally as well. Vaping in the bathroom is the biggest risk, since if the alarm goes on, you wouldn't be asked any questions and penalized.
I always vaped on my seat, double inhaling, and the 3rd exhale on my shirt or directing towards the floor.
Never have got into any problem at all.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
On my last flight last year, when they give the pre-flight announcements they actually stated that e-cigs could not be used on the flight. That's why I had to do the double inhale stealth vape. In the airport, no problems at all. But a lot of the flights out of the UK seem to be against vaping :(

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I stealth vape regularly on Amtrak trains, but downstairs in the senior section. Most of the people around me, if any, are asleep anyway ... :laugh:

I watch people in nearby seats gobbling handfuls of various medications, and wonder why my little nicotine dose would cause any stir ? :confused:

Oh, that's right, it "looks like smoking" ... :rolleyes:

My Starbucks Frappuccino "looks like" Kahlua, but no one makes a fuss about that ... :blink: :D

Reactions: AndyZZZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread