Difference between KR808D and KR808D-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawzun

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dear Veterans,

Please note that I DID read the "how to ask a veteran" thread before posting and made a few attempts at searching for this answer, no luck. My apologies if that has already been answered before....

Is there a difference between KR808D and KR808D-1?
Is a KR808D (and/or D-1 based on answer of above question) cartomizer interchangeable with a 901?

I ask because I have ordered a "510_-_901/KR808D1" adapter (as seen on my COV purchase oder) and just want to know if the KR808D carts that I have will work.

I hope these questions aren't too cryptic. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Cheers!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Hi Jawzun,

While technically the name KR808D is incomplete, it is most likely it is indeed KR808D-1. This is the most common version of Kangor's cartomizer PVs. Less common is the KR808D-2, which also has the designation E9, and is also sold under that name. GreenSmoke ecigs are E9, and the hardware would be compatible with the KR808D-2.

I am not aware of any adapters for KR808D-2/E9 to any other thread fitting. The technology is older, was evidently rather expensive (an E9 passthrough is generally around $50), and is largely unfavored in this community. So wihtout saying definitively yes, your kr808d-1 carts will work, they will likely work.

That said, in theory KR808d-1 cartos (which are probably what you have) will work on a 901 threading, sometimes, with some cartos the airflow is blocked. 901 attys have the airholes on them, not on the battery part right under the threading, such as a 510 batt has. The KR808d-1 batts have these airholes, so Kr808d-1 cartos will work...of course they would. So if your adapter has airholes on the 901/kr8 end, you should be fine, and probably will be.

But I am pretty sure your cartos are kr808d-1s.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I fully agree with Kurt.

Because "KR808D-1" is a pain to type and to pronounce, it often is abbreviated. About a year ago, a group of us lobbied to have that abbreviation be "Kr8" and you'll notice that ECF's mouseovers recognize that as KR808D-1 ... however it is not universally accepted. You frequently will see KR808D, KR808, or just 808 used as abbreviations.

The only problem is that Kanger is in love with the number "808": a half dozen of their (different) models have "KR808" in the model number. Fortunately (at least as far as avoiding confusion), as Kurt pointed out, only one has caught on here in North America and Europe: KR808D-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread