Difference in quality of nicotine feel minus tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Hey again,

I'm sure that since I quit smoking & started vaping instead there is a definite difference in the "feel" of the nicotine effects I get when I take a puff. The only way I can describe this is that it feels cleaner and less affected by tolerance. The latter part is both the cooler & the more interesting difference from smoking for me. It's not like the "oh my God, what the #$+* was that??" head spin hit that you get when you first try nicotine but there does seem to be a reduced effect of tolerance. While I was smoking I would get literally nothing but craving relief & a cough. When I vape I can actually feel the "advertised" effects of the nicotine again - initially stimulating, then mildly sedative/relaxing after heavier consumption.
I was just wondering if any other vapers noticed a difference between the effects of nicotine from smoked tobacco & those from consuming it a purer form? I have my own ideas on the possible reasons but they'll have to wait coz I'm posting this from my BlackBerry in the park while sunbathing, vaping & listening to some tunes, so I can't be bothered to type any more lol
Peace, ethnobot

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The difference that I noticed immediately was that vaping was smoother. There wasn't the harsh taste of burning tobacco and paper. There wasn't the burning in the back of my throat. I really like that. I find vaping so much more relaxing, even though the ritual of dripping is far different from taking a cigarette out of the pack and lighting it. I've also noticed that when I want to vape, I don't feel that sense of panic that I got when I needed a cigarette. My vape stick is always there, ready and available. I don't know if anyone else noticed that last one or if it's just me.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Hi Ethnobot

I think head rush associated with smoking is related to carbon monoxide. Some of the 4000 other chemicals from burning tobacco change the effects of nicotine as well. Vaping is a bit cleaner, and that does come through in the taste and sensation of vaping as compared to smoking.

(sitting in a park sunbathing, vaping & listening to tunes sounds like a great way to spend a day )

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Haha yeah we've a rubbish summer here and today's been great. I freelance with all the work I do at the mo so I looked out of the window today & thought shove staying inside, today could be summer!

@CES - I think the lack of carbon monoxide, and many other manky chemicals (not to mention particulates from the burning) is definitely why it feels cleaner, and as WomanOfHeart says not so harsh.

@WomanOfHeart - I used to panic when I only had the random kit for 1 or 2 PVs. I particularly used to worry about the amount of liquid in the carts and misjudging and singeing the stuffing when I was going out (obviously dripping at home was no worries). I know, I'm neurotic but I solved it by using the much maligned eGo-t system to vape when out -I use the normal clear tanks and can see the juice level). I've had no problems with mine except that I have to be choosier about the liquid base.

As you can possibly tell from my username I am an ethnobotanist. As such I know that there are many cases of humans using plants where one component affects the action of another on human physiology. That's why pharmaceutical companies sometimes can't replicate the effects of a herbal medicine. Where herbalists use "simples" - extracts of all of a single plant and then compound them with other simples with whole-plant extracts which will also have additive or even multiplicatory effects on each other, pharmaceutical companies try to isolate a single "active ingredient" to turn in to a drug.

Given the often-quoted thousands of chemicals in tobacco smoke I think it's quite possible that the opposite happens with isolating nicotine for vaping. I think some of those chemicals (and those particulates) are just plain manky enough to distract you and detract from the experience of nicotine consumption. I also think it's quite likely that there are agents present in smoke which act in opposition to the effects of nicotine themselves. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread