Smoke vs Vapor: Nicotine Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocksmoot

Sep 16, 2011
Rogers, Arkansas
I usually notice it strongly after about two hours, but it doesn't seem as urgent, nor do I feel the need to shift the furniture of my life around as much to accommodate vaping. Maybe that's because if I need to stealth it, I can blast a puff, hold it and eliminate the clouds just about anywhere I am without offending or annoying anyone (including me).

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
...I know people here don't generally like to hear any negative comments about vaping, and that's not my intention. Just sharing my experience as asked by McDougal in the original post.
As we all know, the learning curve, and the vast amout of information out there concerning e-cigs is mind boggling.
What concens me, is that with all of the information out there, still, relatively speaking, very little is known about the long term effects of vaping, as this is still a fairly new "phenemenom".
Sometimes I think I should try an analoge like some here have, to re-enforce the fact that I'm happy vaping instead....but I don't dare do that.
So it appears, I'll just keep vaping my brains out, much like I did with analogs, and truly hope that I'm better off in the long run.
Sorry about the long winded post, but I just had to get some of that off of my chest.

Thanks for the very honest description of your experience thus far.

I totally agree that there is a lack of long term evidence on vaping. That's why I am only buying juices that have all ingredients listed. I then research every ingredient and see what it's used for in other products. I tend to go for sellers that are well established and widely known, because those are most likely to put out products that would pass heavy scrutiny of the FDA. And in a way, their bias against e-cigs could prove better for users, considering they will be looking for everything under the sun to scrutinize.

The FDA has conceded on regulating e-cigs, and we will be seeing that very soon. They fought it, most likely because of the connections the FDA has to pharma corporations that make patches and Chantix. The good is that the credible studies on E-cigs that have been done (look up the Boston Univ study) are generally positive, and state that the levels of toxicity of e-cigs are on par with any nicotine replacement theory. Also, the American Assoc of Public Health physicians have come out in support of e cigs.

BUT, stated regulation doesn't necessarily mean safety. Take the industrial food system in the US, for example. All kinds of foods are laden with chemicals and refined sugars, such as high fructose corn syrup. In Europe, food regulation is much more strict, and many chemicals that are used all the time here are not to be used in Europe.

So, the best advice is to research everything that the body consumes.

Last edited:

NickFitt

Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
CT
This is Day 3 for me vaping. I don't crave vaping as much as I craved cigarettes. But I like vaping. I find myself wanting to vape for long periods of time. I am still experimenting, but I feel a rapid heartbeat and too much energy. With analogs, I didn't get the rapid heartbeat. With vaping I feel like I have been and drinking coffee all day long. I tried vaping 0 mg, but that didn't even taste that good.

It might be that you're getting more nicotine vaping that you did smoking. That can cause the oversrimulation, trouble sleeping, etc. That you and others have been talking about. An average pack of analogs has about 20 mg of absorbed nicotine, so if a PAD smoker switches to vaping 3 MIL per day of 24 mg liquid thats more than 3 times the nicotine per day.

Reading these forums it seems like increased nicotine consumption is pretty common for people who first switch to vaping. This can help ease the transition from analogs, but its something to be aware of.

AddyTude

Sep 28, 2011
Florida
I haven't had a single analog since I received my first PV over 2 months ago. I was like a little kid on Christmas morning once I had realized I was FINALLY sucessful quiting Cigarettes after so many failed attempts.
But as time goes by, I think I have a problem. First off, I can't ever put this thing down for any lengthy period of time. (I haven't really tried yet...I'm afraid to).
I vape 24MG juice pretty much no-stop all day long, Not quite like analogs, of course. I'll have a few hits, put it down, then pick it up 30 seconds later and have a few more....all day........
Sorry about the long winded post, but I just had to get some of that off of my chest.

I think this is pretty normal really...especially in light of the fact that you smoked two packs a day! There is 36 mg juice...maybe try vaping stronger strength in morning .

When/If I used to hit the pack and a half mark of analogs during a day...I started feeling sick. And it would subside. I have gotten the same feeling with juice ...when I spilled some on my hands, or swallowed it etc. So I definitely think you have to be careful with the stuff...but maybe just a tad stronger would give you a little more bang for your buck.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I think this is pretty normal really...especially in light of the fact that you smoked two packs a day! There is 36 mg juice...maybe try vaping stronger strength in morning .

When/If I used to hit the pack and a half mark of analogs during a day...I started feeling sick. And it would subside. I have gotten the same feeling with juice ...when I spilled some on my hands, or swallowed it etc. So I definitely think you have to be careful with the stuff...but maybe just a tad stronger would give you a little more bang for your buck.

I agree here. The strongest I have at the moment is 18mg. Not too bad, but I still feel a little unsatisfied when vaping. I think 24mg is ideal for me.

I just wanted to comment on your avatar. About a year ago, I was trying to quit smoking, and was on day 3 or 4, and having horrible withdrawals. I wanted some clove cigs so I could smoke something other than tobacco. I purchased the Black under the impression it was pure clove, only to light up one outside and feel the nicotine rush. Then I looked at the ingredients on the box. I was officially a smoker again! And the saddest part is that I was telling myself "well, too late. Oh well... didn't know." I was actually temporarily happy until a few weeks later I was up to smoking at normal levels again and worrying about the prospect of never quitting smoking.

But those things smell and taste wonderful! Is there a juice that mimics that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread