Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Whelp, I knocked my SS Pharaoh over off the table onto a hard floor. Thing is so tall with the extension that a good wind can make it sway. Anyway, busted the afc, so no atty warning and leak city. At least the glass was intact.

Pretty bummed as I can't find another SS in stock anywhere in the US. I got another in black instead, and I'll see if the build deck can simply be switched over (assuming that's not somehow busted too) and just have lots of replacement glass and spare parts on hand.:grr:

Cant Like that post :( Out of my 2 I like the SS one better than the Black,the contrast between the 2 colours just looks good :)
IMO the black would have looked better with a SS base & Cap :)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Whelp, I knocked my SS Pharaoh over off the table onto a hard floor. Thing is so tall with the extension that a good wind can make it sway. Anyway, busted the afc, so no atty warning and leak city. At least the glass was intact.

Pretty bummed as I can't find another SS in stock anywhere in the US. I got another in black instead, and I'll see if the build deck can simply be switched over (assuming that's not somehow busted too) and just have lots of replacement glass and spare parts on hand.:grr:
Time for a geek vape AIO? Haha

Reactions: Eskie

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Do I need to have exotic builds/coils and high wattage to get this RTA to pop?

I just grabbed the OBS Engine Nano and I'm a bit disappointed in the flavor department so I'm looking into this and the Troll RTA. Generally I prefer single coil and I vape menthol+fruit juices primarily and usually only need about 18-30W on a .6-.8ohm 24g kanthal coil to get a satisfying vape. Does this RTA still exceed in that power range or is this more of a power hungry device?

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I just grabbed the OBS Engine Nano and I'm a bit disappointed in the flavor department so I'm looking into this and the Troll RTA. Generally I prefer single coil and I vape menthol+fruit juices primarily and usually only need about 18-30W on a .6-.8ohm 24g kanthal coil to get a satisfying vape. Does this RTA still exceed in that power range or is this more of a power hungry device?

That's the beauty about this atty is you can build whatever you want and it work to your liking. You may look into getting the #1 or #3 optional decks if you need smaller coil options. But!! You'll be surprised what you can do with the stock deck. If you think you might want a little more surface area on the coil, consider picking up a spool of SS wire and never rule out some small gauged clapton or fused clapton wire. I use a lot of them and they are great right at 20W to 30W range

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

I use it with a single fused Clapton ~0.5 ohm in temp control 30W 450F and no issues. However, while the flavor is very good, it's not really a flavor tank. Great for clouds, but also runs through juice in no time.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Well after waiting forever I finally got my Pharaoh RTA today. I put in a super juggernaut coil. So far I am not impressed. Flavor is ok and vapor is ok. I have the other 4 replacement decks for it also. I'll use it this weekend and see what happens.
I'm in the same boat as you except I only got the tank.

I bought it because of everyone's review on here. Tried multiple different coils ranging from 3-3.5mm, standard round wire 26-24 SS, different Claptons and fused Claptons. Different coil mounting heights, different top/bottom air flow combinations. Not that impressed.

Also for some reason this thing refuses to work on temp control properly. Tried it on multiple mods from DNA to Joyetech. Can't get any vape satisfaction under 550F when the same coil in other tanks are delicious at 420-450F.

Base cold ohms would read fine but when I fire it the coil would sizzle for a split second and hit temp limit. No vapor produced. Works good in wattage mode tho.

Not sure if it's the deck, considering ordering the single coil deck. But at the same time I might as well get the Griffin AIO and see if it performs any differently.

On a side note, any suggestions on other single coil tanks? Minimum 3.5ml capacity.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I'm in the same boat as you except I only got the tank.

I bought it because of everyone's review on here. Tried multiple different coils ranging from 3-3.5mm, standard round wire 26-24 SS, different Claptons and fused Claptons. Different coil mounting heights, different top/bottom air flow combinations. Not that impressed.

Also for some reason this thing refuses to work on temp control properly. Tried it on multiple mods from DNA to Joyetech. Can't get any vape satisfaction under 550F when the same coil in other tanks are delicious at 420-450F.

Base cold ohms would read fine but when I fire it the coil would sizzle for a split second and hit temp limit. No vapor produced. Works good in wattage mode tho.

Not sure if it's the deck, considering ordering the single coil deck. But at the same time I might as well get the Griffin AIO and see if it performs any differently.

On a side note, any suggestions on other single coil tanks? Minimum 3.5ml capacity.
I ordered the Vandy Vape Kylin in the new colors, red, blue, green or purple. Has the top fill ring now & seeping issue fixed. Also ordered the Reload "style" rta. There's threads here for both rta's.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I ordered the Vandy Vape Kylin in the new colors, red, blue, green or purple. Has the top fill ring now & seeping issue fixed. Also ordered the Reload "style" rta. There's threads here for both rta's.
It's funny that you mentioned these two tanks... Because I'm on the fence for those also.

Was the Reload style RTA from 3f? That seems to be the only place I can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread