Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Just checking in to say I'm still using the Siren V Uno on a daily basis.
Its been a great little workhorse for me. Amazing really considering my Siren arrived on (and has been in use since) Dec 7 2016.

The other daily atty I use is an Egg Roll. Not a bad wee fella for round-and-about vapin' with some higher Nic.

Egg Rollios, FTW. You've got good taste (IMHO), Sticky!

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
Egg Rollios, FTW. You've got good taste (IMHO), Sticky!

You guys put me onto the eggies, so thanks for that.

Once I worked out that Egg + Roll = eGo ONE Mega, I just had to try it! I bought two tanks and two CLR packs. Not my favourite rebuildable coils but they are doable, last a while, perform well, and don't leak!

:thumbs:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Not your fave rebuildable coils? What is it that you don't like about them? I find rewicking the Eggies to be the easiest of all. Scoot in a bit o' cotton or rayon, trim to fluffy bunny ears, and Bob's yer Uncle!

What IS your favourite rebuildable, Sticky?

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
Hmm, not sure why I said they weren't my favourite because the CLR is the only rebuildable pop-in coil that I use. I mainly use RTAs, so I guess I was comparing the ease (for me) of rebuilding an RTA over the CLR.

But about the CLR, you're right about rewicking, they're easy peasy and I really can't believe how so little cotton can wick and perform so well!
I find recoiling a little bit awkward because the coil housing is so tiny. Overall not a deal breaker for me because the Eggies really do perform so well and that's why I use it everyday. :)

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I'm still bummed the V2 didn't live up to the V1, they should of stayed with shower head diffuser, so much better flavor, everything else is better on the V2, but want the V1 flavor.
Seems to me that someone did and they called it the Ares rta. That turned out to have it's own reported problems. Putting the problems aside, if you really look at the design of the Areas it looks to me like an updated version of the Siren I.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Seems to me that someone did and they called it the Ares rta. That turned out to have it's own reported problems. Putting the problems aside, if you really look at the design of the Areas it looks to me like an updated version of the Siren I.

Flavor is great on the Ares, but pot luck if going to get a good one, my 1st leaked from the top fill, Innokin replaced it, and the replacement leaks from the base, but the one I got from fasttech works well, not risking buying another, in case get another dud.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I'm still bummed the V2 didn't live up to the V1, they should of stayed with shower head diffuser, so much better flavor, everything else is better on the V2, but want the V1 flavor.

Yea, from what I hear, the reason for the change was Vic, of
    Vaping With Vic
    I'm glad I never went with the V2, and stayed with my V1's.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran

Or what the Siren V1 could have been, and the V2 should have been. Don't forget that Digiflavor said that they were going to pull the plug on the V1 and not make anymore, which they did, but then consulted Vic and came out with a V2 just before Phil came out with the Ares. Some say that Digiflavor/GeekVape heard of Phil's little Ares project, and rushed to come out with a V2 instead of dropping the whole line like they were going to do in the first place. And that, in part, is why Vic gave the Ares such a scathing review in the beginning.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I think that Phil is finding out that it is not so easy to work with Chinese manufacturers, they seem to be unable to keep everything in tolerance as Phil had laid out in the beginning. I have felt for a long time now, that the big downfall with Chinese manufacturing is that they run all their cutting, molding, and stamping machinery out of spec, and go too long before changing that equipment out for new, IN SPEC cutters and such.

psst... the Siren2 chimney and glass fits on the original siren base.. why would I do this ? because a base I got from people with two F's was rubbish - one was good the other shorted out.. so fiddling around and I can get a lovely shortened Siren - which sits nicely on the Jac mod :) so my version of the siren 1.5 .. is good and still a heck of a lot better than my yucky Ares.. which just mutes even the strongest flavour.. may have to make it the unflavored tank.. wonder if it can ruin that too !

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    psst... the Siren2 chimney and glass fits on the original siren base.. why would I do this ? because a base I got from people with two F's was rubbish - one was good the other shorted out.. so fiddling around and I can get a lovely shortened Siren - which sits nicely on the Jac mod :) so my version of the siren 1.5 .. is good and still a heck of a lot better than my yucky Ares.. which just mutes even the strongest flavour.. may have to make it the unflavored tank.. wonder if it can ruin that too !

I just posted about your disappointment in the Ares thread. We have all bought vape items that did not agree with us or last in our collection. Sorry for your pain but fighting it is not worth the bother. I have several rta's that I have purchased that found there way into the closet. Just enjoy the ones you like and forget those that don't meet your standards. It is a few dollars, pounds or Euros wasted but only that.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes, I did Chodi. I also remember that there were some sites that showed the same type of pics back a year ago or so when Digiflavor was still selling and making the Siren V1 in great abundance. We here had many posts about that as it didn't even look, from the pics, that there were even any screw threads to attach the air defuser onto the center air post, but, it turned out that those were Old pics that some sites were using from pre-production photos before the launch of the Siren the first time around. I can only assume that Eciggity is still using those same pics (if I remember correctly, Eciggity was a site that used those same outdated pics over a year ago), as back then everyone that bought a V1 got one with threads on the center air post and a defuser installed. VaporDNA was another site that used pre-production pics of the Siren V1 that had No defuser either, but those that bought one from there got them With a defuser. We saw the same thing Chodi (good catch). I really wish sites would update their pics and not use outdated ones. I am assuming that Eciggity is doing that again now too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread