Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm still getting about 21 tank fulls off of each wick job, and that's with a 3.5mm 30g twisted Kanthal coil. As long as I don't decide to change it for something different, or mess it up due to too much wick trying to be forced thru the coil, I can make my coils run for as long as 8-10 months, even with dry burns every wick change. As you all might remember, I am running in TC/TL mode with my Kanthal builds, and at 14.5 watts, so 21 tank fulls for my wicks, and about 8-10 months for my coils is not so bad, and a whole lot cheaper than buying store bought coil heads at $5 to $9 for a pack of 4 or 5 that last maybe 2 weeks before needing to be changed out for new ones. That's why I LOve re-building, well one reason anyways.

I'm doing R-DL hits off my Siren 22 (opened up to the Biggest air hole) with my Menthol/Mint DIY juice now. Great for opening up the ole sinuses. I make my own Menthol from Crystals, 66% crushed Crystals in 34% PG is pretty strong at 1.5% strength, then I add 1% INW Mint to give it a bit more flavor in my 80 PG/20 VG and 9mg/ml Nic solution with .5% Koolada added. Really helps with head colds also folks.;) I figure that it's better than popping a bunch of pills.:vapor:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
My jaw dropped when I read that you go 21 tanks before you re-wick? I am lucky if I get 4 tank full before flavor drops off and I re-wick. I can't even imagine what one of my wicks would look like after 21 refills. I actually think it would fall apart before that.

I have most of the common bands of wick cotton in house and change off depending on my mood. None of my cotton would last 21 tanks in any of my rta's. On my Doggies I change the wick with every tank fill. Some rta's will go up to 3 or 4 but more than that and flavor drops. Just my experience.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
My jaw dropped when I read that you go 21 tanks before you re-wick? I am lucky if I get 4 tank full before flavor drops off and I re-wick. I can't even imagine what one of my wicks would look like after 21 refills. I actually think it would fall apart before that.

I have most of the common bands of wick cotton in house and change off depending on my mood. None of my cotton would last 21 tanks in any of my rta's. On my Doggies I change the wick with every tank fill. Some rta's will go up to 3 or 4 but more than that and flavor drops. Just my experience.

I've had close to that amount of fills without rewicking/coiling on various tanks, Chodi, but ONLY when using straight unflavored.

Flavor gunks. No way around that.

• Agree
Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
And some flavors a whole lot more than others. Any Sweetener in the juice is bad for wick longevity. I run Unflavored or my Menthol/Mint DIY with no added sweetener's, it is the Menthol/Mint that I can get 21 tank fulls of thru my Siren V1 though (I use 66% crushed Menthol Crystals & 34% PG in a 1.5% dilution in my base). I have been doing that for over a year now. It's a combo of juice/wattage/build, and I'm running that Siren V1 in TC/TL mode on my Hohmtech G2 with Kanthal 28g or twisted 30g and KGD set to 14.5 watts and temp to the coolest level that I can, so nothing special really. When I get to tank Full 21 (about mid way thru) I can notice a flavor change, and that's when I finish up #21 then re-wick/dry burn. It happens every time like that for me with that same combo, my Unflavored is about 18 tank fulls before I re-wick due to flavor change. Go Figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have only gotten that from my Siren V1/G2 setup. I just kind of stumbled onto it. It's not because I'm a Brilliant builder or DIY'er, just dumb luck I guess. So far with the exact same "everything", I'm only getting about 5-6 tank fulls out of my KayFun V2L+ before I have to re-wick, but I'm still in the experimental stage's with it (haven't had it but for a few weeks now), and running strictly in Power mode, in fact, I just got thru burning up a wick due to NO JUICE in the tank :facepalm:. YUK !!! Go Figure huh ?? :laugh: :lol::lol: Brilliant = NO, Lucky = Most probably. Some days I'm as dumb as a bag of rocks,:rolleyes: and only half as sharp.

Reactions: bigbob2322

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

Just a little more info that I have just been made privy to. I mix for my daughter, and she wants a Vanilla vape, so after much trial and error I finally came up with a recipe that she really likes. She uses it in her Berserker that I wick and coil for also, she is just getting her feet wet into vaping (started about a couple months ago) but I digress, over the last several weeks I have noticed a constant, and that is that she can only get about 20ml thru her Berserker before I need to change wicks and do a dry burn (that's about 4 tank fulls). Her build looks absolutely Black after 4 tank fulls and she can hardly get any vapor (she runs it at about 8-8.5 watts). So definitely YES, the juice has a lot to do with wick longevity. The Vanilla starts out looking a pale amber in color, but I guess that there are a lot of built-in sweeteners in my mix that I had not even thought about (I use 3 different kinds of Vanilla in her mix).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Vanilla flavor, from my recollection and experience, is just one of those very dark, and very gunky flavors. Is it delish? Welp, yes, it is, but it absto wreaks havoc with our coils.

Mine has always turned almost black in a tank, and if you got four tank fills, I'd say you're on the winning side of the flavor.

Reactions: 52anddone

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I mix medicine flower vanilla for my wife. Amzingly i constantly get five weeks out of a 1.8 ohm Nautilus coil. Even then it is still fine, i just do not want to push my luck. 9 watts and around 5 ml a day. So around 175 ml per coil. This has been consistent for 18 months, never a problem. I put it down to no sweetners and i always soak her coils in 50/50 unflavored for a couple of hours first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread