Ding, Ding, Ding - it's rapid fire question time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Since you all so graciously offered to answer all my dorky newbie questions (ack, I hope you don't regret it!) I'ze got bunches for ya! (especially since V4L has a sale this weekend!)

1) Ahem.... now that I've learned staying hydrated is important.... does that only mean water, or all beverages acceptable! I gotta have my red wine in the evening!

2) Since V4L was so sweet, and sent me lots of new flavors / strengths to play with... do you find you switch up the mg's and flavors through out the day? So far (after a week) I'm finding I like a stronger "kick" in the morning, and then taper down with a lower mg and milder flavor in the evening. Do you normally have a variety of 'goodies' on hand - or stick with just one?

3) I used to smoke ultra lights.... would that be equivalent to 11 or 18 mgs? (eeks, the 24 samples are yummmmm-y!)

4) I've ordered a few manual batteries. (hopefully they'll arrive soon!) Is there anything I should know (tips?) in advance?

5) After memorizing the website... I still can't figure out what in the beegeebers a "Drip Tip" is! What are they, and do you like them?

6) Do "we" have sales all the time, or do I just have good timing? ;)

Thank you all so much for all your help. Right how (eeks!) I feel like the goofy distant relative that's slowly making her way into this warm and loving family. Please forgive me if I'm being to pesky. :blush:

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
oh boy not at all :) were all like this in the beginning ! You are going to get more answers then you can handle :) disclaimer : just my opinions /experiences after 2 months :)
1.) i drink what i can handle ,water ,gatorade,ice tea ,etc .Dont forget any alcohol is dehydrating tho .:(
2.)I need a stronger kick in morning ,still .I smoked 1-1.5 packs a day of marlboro ultra light 100's and started with 24mg .I am now on 18mg .I dont go all over the place as it wont help IF your goal is getting OFF nic .( thats mine )
BUT its OK to have stronger whren u need it :)
3.)see above
4.)once you get them ,or now ,find snowdragons videos on cleaning your batts :) and any probs snow and morandir will know .
besides others ...
5.)i will let the others answer as i have yet to use a drip tip .
6.) both ...sales come alot but there have been alot lately ....always 10% "SMILIN" ..am i correct peeps ? or is it SMILIN10?
DONT WORRY :)

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Wintering, I'll address #3...... I smoked Marlboro Lights. I started at 18mg, found I was vaping a LOT, got headaches as a result, and lowered the nic to 11mg. It all depends on how much you vape, and how much you smoked. I wasn't a heavy smoker. I would think you might not need anything higher than the 18mg to start, unless you were a heavy smoker.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
Just to keep things very interesting and to help folks stay on their toes, I will answer all of your questions out of order and let you put the answers where you wish. It is Friday, I am stuck at work, and I need to find some amusement before I start my study, so
Yes
Push the button
Any water based liquid is good. Alcohol, although fun will not hydrate.
Maybe, I smoked a pipe, then strong ciggies, so whatever works for you
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes I stick with the same juice for days on end
I am not a dripper. I learned how not to drip when a very young man, and refuse to go back to dripping.

Fit the answer to the question that you like. It doesn't matter too much how you match them up because what I have to say will not mean a hill of beans in 100 years.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
1) You definitely want to keep something that will hydrate you close at hand. Like someone else said, alcohol dehydrates you as well. In fact it is recommended that you drink equal amounts of water as you do alcohol to keep you hydrated...not sire where I got that one from, I might have made it up, but I'm pretty sure I heard/read it somewhere.
2)Personally I switch up flavors and mgs all day. 24mg in the morning and after work, lower when I'm chain vaping. Although I still don't have the hang of it. I get a too much nic headache almost every weekend!
3) IMO, its just whatever works for you. I've seen people say "if you smoked this then you should vape this". And that's usually a good place to start, but if someone tells you that you need 8mg, and you like 36mg better then go for it!
4) Can't help there, never used them.
5) Oooh yes! I love my drip tip! I find them more comfortable than the cartos. I like that they don't get hot (I've only used the delrin/plastic ones) and its much easier to pull one off and refill a carto vs. popping out the little white rubber piece.
6) You have to be desperate to miss a sale! They happen pretty frequently. Sometimes every week! But like someone said, you can always use the 10% off code.

I'm sure 50 people posted in the time that it took me to type all this out on my phone, but I hope I was able to be of some help!

Sent on the go from my Evo :)

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
Just to keep things very interesting and to help folks stay on their toes, I will answer all of your questions out of order and let you put the answers where you wish. It is Friday, I am stuck at work, and I need to find some amusement before I start my study, so
Yes
Push the button
Any water based liquid is good. Alcohol, although fun will not hydrate.
Maybe, I smoked a pipe, then strong ciggies, so whatever works for you
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes I stick with the same juice for days on end
I am not a dripper. I learned how not to drip when a very young man, and refuse to go back to dripping.

Fit the answer to the question that you like. It doesn't matter too much how you match them up because what I have to say will not mean a hill of beans in 100 years.

You sir are Hilarious!

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
a few tips.

don't stock up too much at first....you WILL change nic levels as you adjust. your tastes will change, too and flavors that you hated, you will love....flavors you loved, you will get sick of...

get some manual batteries and a PT...they are great! get auto batteries...they are great! you cannot have too many batteries.

if you don't like a flavor...swap it in the swap thread up top!

learn to fill and refill your cartos.....PRACTICE!
hint: wader2k says "syringe is the best way to fill."

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.....Letttttttttssssssssssss get ready to Rummmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbllllllllllleeeeeeee! :)
1. Water is a great hydration product, (especially the water that infused with fruit juice! :)) Caffeine products will dehydrate you, so they are not the best thing to drink, as is Alcohol, but I'll be darned if I will quit drinking my coffee! (I say this as I sip on another cup of coffee ;) :) :D )

2. I am like you, I need a Good Strong hit of Nicotine in the morning when I get up and sip my coffee! Then a little while later I taper off to Spearmint Nobacco juice. If I Need a hit of nicotine I throw on a Carto with it in it. I too am loving most of the samples. :) The Orange and the Pineapple just don't cut it for me! :( Spearmint is awesome and I vape it all day long. :)

3. I think Ulta-lights would be a lower mg. than 18 mgs. I smoked Lights and the 18 mg. tastes equivalent.

4. I haven't used the Manual Batts yet, so all I can add is "the filter goes on the opposite end as the little light and you have to push the button to vape".

5. I have not tried a drip tip yet, so no answers here.

6. Sales YES! V4L - 23% OFF Sale - THIS WEEKEND ONLY - Dust off your Flipflops, the summer is almost upon us!

Richard

jmpublius

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
oll.libertyfund.org
1) Yeah, like the others said, alcohol dehydrates. But, usually after my 2nd to 3rd glass of Merlot, I could give a . . .

2.) I like a kick in ta mornin' like yourself, but I have to lower it to half at night, or else I won't sleep. And I'm not a good sleeper as it is.

3.) Be careful on nic levels. Everyone's different. Unfortunately, when I started I took the advice to start at 24mg. My comfort zone became 8mg first half of the day, and 4mg the rest of the day. I smoked Marb Lights, so it goes to show ya that analog levels and vaping levels are not interchangeable.

4.) Morandir's the resident batt expert. Hopefully he'll chime in to give you some advice/tips. Listen up!

5.) I've given up trying to figure out this one. I just assume that if your tip drips----you should see a doc.

6.) I've been vaping for 2 months and use V4L exclusively. Sales come very frequently. Absolutely awesome IMO.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
You are so cute!
For some reason I've never felt I needed to stay hydrated, probably cus I'm full of it ;)
I too was a ultra light smoker, started at 18mg and am now doing 8mg during the day and 4 at night. Hope to become all at 4mg soon.
i use autos so don't drip that much, tho I do like the drip tips (plastic, don't like metal ) when i do.
Have fun with vaping, it's sooooo much better than smoking ever was!

jmpublius

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
oll.libertyfund.org
a few tips.

don't stock up too much at first....you WILL change nic levels as you adjust. your tastes will change, too and flavors that you hated, you will love....flavors you loved, you will get sick of...

learn to fill and refill your cartos.....PRACTICE!

Sorry for the double post, but yeah . . . what he said. Good advice.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Wintering, manual batts have a few issues and some pros and cons to the autos. The button at times can be a pain in the ... and require you to hit a certain spot on them to activate. Find giving the batt a massage and either blow into the button or use some compressed air to fix it (Snow sir, think I need to make a vid on that technique?). No matter what size (shorty/reg/xl) you ordered they all have relatively the same draw because of the fact the battery is sealed, so no air actually travels up the tube when you inhale, just through the connector. This can be a good or bad thing, because the draw is excellent on them, but not as good as an auto shorty or any of the King Diamonds and Stealth v2's. They also don't hold higher voltage like the KD's and Stealths, or the standard auto shorties (unconfirmed with the shorty manual, will order two on my next one to test). The biggest advantage is that you won't kill them if you over fill and juice leaks into them. That's where having them sealed is a major plus. Here's also a great video showing you how to clean both autos and manuals.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tteries-passthroughs-inside-auto-battery.html

Oh, and the drip tips make for easier access for refilling, and because of the larger hole, allow more airflow which increases th potential and vaopr production potential. :)

linrag

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'll chime in, too
Not giving up my coffee, either, but do drink lots of non-alcoholic, non-caffine liquids with your coffee and wine
I smoked VA Slim Ultra Light Menthol 120's (glad I don't have to say that anymore) and 11mg hits my happy-spot just fine
I haven't tried varying nic levels, so I'm no help to you there
Love, love, love the manual batts - better control - also go with XL's as they last lots longer (get many batts and many chargers so you can rotate through and not run yourself out of charged batts) [many is of course relative I have 3 chargers and 10 batts - seen others with more and less]
Drip tips are fantastic - consider getting juice and refill your carts (way cheaper) - if you drip juice, they drip tip replaces the white plug on cart which has to be removed with something (tiny screwdriver, paper clip - anything other than your hand); makes it easier to fill up AND since carts can get fairly warm, keeps heat off your lips and you look elegant like A. Hepburn with 40 foot cig
umm what was the other ???:confused:

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
you've gotten some excellent advice...here's my opinions...not even worth 2 cents, but here goes:

Since you all so graciously offered to answer all my dorky newbie questions (ack, I hope you don't regret it!) I'ze got bunches for ya! (especially since V4L has a sale this weekend!)

1) Ahem.... now that I've learned staying hydrated is important.... does that only mean water, or all beverages acceptable! I gotta have my red wine in the evening! Figure out what your liquid intake was when you were smoking stinkies...coffee, soda, tea, water, wine, anything...drink 3 times as much water as that. The water multiplier is totally made up and has no basis in science.

2) Since V4L was so sweet, and sent me lots of new flavors / strengths to play with... do you find you switch up the mg's and flavors through out the day? So far (after a week) I'm finding I like a stronger "kick" in the morning, and then taper down with a lower mg and milder flavor in the evening. Do you normally have a variety of 'goodies' on hand - or stick with just one? Keep some of every strength on hand in your favorite flavors...heck even if it's not your favorite flavor keep some. A lot of folks need an extra punch when they're under stress...

3) I used to smoke ultra lights.... would that be equivalent to 11 or 18 mgs? (eeks, the 24 samples are yummmmm-y!) I started smoking with unfiltered PallMalls probably before your parents were born, and ended up 40 years later with 2-3 PAD of MB UltraLights. Your body absorbs the nicotine in ejuice differently than it did the nicotine in the stinkies, so try different ejuice mg levels until you find that sweet spot between the nic headache and raving nic fits.

4) I've ordered a few manual batteries. (hopefully they'll arrive soon!) Is there anything I should know (tips?) in advance? Mr. Morandir covered this pretty well above...i like autos when I drive and manuals all of the other times....there's just more control with the manual. Just press the button while it's on it's way to your lips, inhale, and release the button just before you stop inhaling. Eazy Peazy

5) After memorizing the website... I still can't figure out what in the beegeebers a "Drip Tip" is! What are they, and do you like them? "Mouthpiece" might be a better name than drip tip -- most folks don't really "drip" with an 808 style PV (like v4l). But as others have mentioned they're great for keeping your lips from getting hot from the carto, improving airflow, and they're also a lot easier to take off to refill your carto with juice than the little white caps.

6) Do "we" have sales all the time, or do I just have good timing? ;) Yes

Thank you all so much for all your help. Right how (eeks!) I feel like the goofy distant relative that's slowly making her way into this warm and loving family. Please forgive me if I'm being to pesky. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread