Divo RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Received my Divo yesterday and have some initial thoughts to share.

I don't remember where there was a question about the center posts on these--on mine, the juice hole is through-and-through, so juice flows out both sides. The hole is pretty high, so I'm not sure that there is much drainage going on.

I drilled the airhole out to 1/16th today. Don't know the stock airhole dimension, but I like the sub-ohm lung hits, so I opened it up. Wasn't too tough following the directions to keep the drill speed slow.

Draw still seems somewhat tighter than I'd expect. The airhole is pretty low too--I lined the coil up with the post holes and the airhole is well below the level of the coil.

Flavor, vapor, and th is all good. Better than RM2? I'm not sure if it is. If so, it's not vastly different. But the flavor is definitely sharper out of the Divo. That might be because of the coil position. I'll do my next one lower and also try shorter tails on the wick.

Before you say it--Pics to follow.

Sent from my mobile

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
ja2e2y4y.jpg

da4atydy.jpg

ygy7y4ub.jpg

9u5udezy.jpg

ara6y6yv.jpg

2u8yretu.jpg

Sent from my mobile

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
I was just looking at that today and wondering if it's worth the price? How close is that hole to the deck?

I saw on another thread you quoting the price at 70. I got mine here http://indyvaporshop.com/divo-rba.html for 54+shipping.

As I'm using it more, I'm getting more used to finding the sweet spot with the hole placement. The rm2 was my first and only rebuildable, so I wasn't used to the press-fits where you have to adjust the hole placement vs the coil as opposed to just mounting the coil in the right spot. Especially with a SxD style tilt to the coil, you can move around the airhole to tailor the vape to some degree.

All of which is a long winded way to say that I'm becoming torn over the value proposition. Ooh, Phillips head screws, ceramic base, and wider post spread (bit easier to rebuild). Otoh, fuller flavor, bit more vapor, and stainless construction. It really isn't a mind-blowing difference. Certainly not enough to recommend skipping the rm2. Esp for a newbie, the ease of coiling makes a difference, especially if you're doing larger coils. But for a more experienced vaper, it's certainly a viable alternative if the stainless is a + for you or if you just like the aesthetics better.

Sent from my mobile

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
nope, I have the divo and the cyclone and the cyclone base is slightly larger. caps are not interchangeable. the divo is also a bit smaller chamber than the divo. I use divo for single coils and cyclone for duals. if you like single coils then the divo should be a little better in the flavor department than the cyclone which really excels with duals to me...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
^ sounds like it's very close to the hornet (even looks like one). The hornet was slightly smaller than ERA.

My biggest gripe about the hornet was that it heated up when chain vaping. I never would have noticed until I started running a different RBA that didn't heat up. When they heat up, the vape changes - for the lame.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
^ sounds like it's very close to the hornet (even looks like one). The hornet was slightly smaller than ERA.

My biggest gripe about the hornet was that it heated up when chain vaping. I never would have noticed until I started running a different RBA that didn't heat up. When they heat up, the vape changes - for the lame.

I was going to say the same thing! Looks almost exactly like my Hornet! I use my Hornet on my older Woodvil Mini as it's the only RBA that will work on it. Not sure if the Igo-s will fit an older mini? Guess that's a question for Rob. I can use a RM2 with my older mini woodvil but have to use a 510/510 adapter to make it work even though it was milled and works on my metal mini just great! If the Igo-s fits on my mini woodvil I think I would go for it vs. $20 more for the Diva! Can't see what's that much difference and being more expensive?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Rudy, the viscious ant products are pretty high quality units IMO. they are worth the cost. They hold their resale pretty well too.

I've never had an IGO but I'm sure that one day I will so until then I can't comment on the quality vs the viscious ant stuff.

Also I like the concave decks on the viscious ant products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread