Divo RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ha, that looks cool and should work well. you have to be careful with the rm2 though because the positive post is not in the center so it will touch the cap as easily as the negative, be careful with metal driptips. the cyclone's pos pin is dead center so even if the cap bottoms out it will bottom on the neg and the pos can't short out because it is centered in the driptip opening

I did once set out to build my own atty, machined most of it but I got a bit too ambitious and it winded up just being too small to even work, never redid it because that was right around the time I got my first cyclone.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
here's a pic of the atty I started to make, shown next to a divo for size. I did this before having a divo or even a cyclone. it winded up being too small to fit a coil in there so I never finished it :) I really liked the idea of cap and tip being one piece, I'm surprised more atties aren't done that way. are any? not sure I've ever seen cap and driptip as one piece but to me it makes perfect sense... well, until the adjustable chamber volume thing of course :D

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I didn't do too well with the shortened RM2 cap, I couldn't get an improvement over the standard one, no matter what I tried. Must have done something wrong but I have no idea what :oops: But I really love the colour of the copper and brass so I will give my standard cap the copper and brass finish. If I take about 0.8mm (0.032") off the bottom edge of the cap I can fit a 1mm o-ring below it (like in the pic) and be able to adjust the airhole position.

ETA - I think I've found the problem, the airholes may be drilled too close to the top of the chamber, and not allowing enough airflow over the top of the coil. Not sure, but sounds good. I also found that juice stains the copper pretty bad :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread