DIY Flavoring Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I did get the Newport flavoring and I do like it. I did mix with a tobacco flavoring. I don't vape Newport/menthol in the house. The boys don't like the smell of menthol-they state it gags/chokes them.

I was reading a interesting page and thought I would share it. It is related to taste receptors. I think most folks have figured out that we all taste things differently. What works for me-may not work for you. :)
Taste Receptors

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
Well, at least I am not a

threadkiller128524335047819072.jpg

PRICELESS

I'm not gonna guess how long you have been waiting to pull that one out =)

HAHAHA, you seriously crack me up, lady!!!

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
As to whether there is a difference between the two I do not know. I have not used VZ's. I have read from some that have that say they are the same and others that say they are not.

However-They are not from the same vender.
VZ concentrated flavors are from Vaping Zone.
TE-Tobacco Express concentrated flavors are from Ecigexpress

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
I like seeing all reviews good and bad on this thread , I am not really agreeing with dropping a vendor after getting a couple of flavors that don't work. If you buy a few cans of soup at the store and dont like some, do you take the opened cans back for a refund?. It was my 1st time shopping here, I have several flavors that I may not be able to use but Its me not them.
Good service, good selection, good prices, and honest business person, thats what decides where I will shop.

Sacha, it's alright if you don't agree.

And, yes, if I open a can of soup and it's only water or milk inside, then I'll ask for a refund. You can keep it if you want. I wouldn't agree with that, either, but I don't need to agree with your choices. So, I guess that's what makes people different. Not taste buds LOL

And, to be clear, it's not the grossness of the flavors that I disliked. It's the way that it was handled. Policy may be policy, but there still should be some protection for buying products. I am a consumer, which I think is supposed to mean something, since I have the dollars, not that the company has the power over me.

So, yo, I vote with my feet.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I'm here! Many of the vendors selling the polypropylene tanks are not mentioning that the material is different and won't crack, don't know why... Look for the colored Smoktech tanks, they come in 8 colors, including clearish, some call them V2. The original V1 polycarbonate tanks are crystal clear. The newer ones come in a clear that is slightly cloudy because it is polypropylene( the same material that syringes are made from), not polycarbonate.

I cut them down using a pipe cutter, easy, peasy.

LM, I got some tanks through a coop that My4jewels ran. They are made of a different material and do not crack when using fruits or cinnamons in them. I would highly recommend these if you get some so that you can use all flavors in them. I am not sure where in the US they are sold though. I bet if you ask M4, she might be able to tell you. She uses Boges too so I know the Boges would work. She did have to cut hers down though lol

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
tasted the nport...and I love it!for me that's something...because I was a newport smoker...when I first started vaping all menthol tasted like vicks to me...so I quickly dropped the menthol...and vaped tobacco, and fruits, desserts..etc...besides I wasn't fond of adding menthol crystals because I could never get it right..lol..very happy with the nport...mixed at 3%, 50/50, 18 mg...is just perfect for me...LIGHT menthol with the tobacco...hope I can leave it alone to steep..lol..

I am also liking the ry4....slightly sweet, but not too much...mixed same as above but at 4%....this needs to steep imo...right now all I get is tobacco, but every now and then a LITTLE caramel...so we'll see after a day or two...:)..

I only bought two but I am very happy with them so I will be placing another order very soon..:)

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
About taste receptors and the idea that we all taste differently and YMMV, I think it's also important to remember that there's a reason we bother writing reviews, why we share information about whether we enjoyed something or not or what the experience was, and why we share recipes and ask others' opinions about what to put in our mixes.

Of course, one person's trash is another's treasure, too. And, vice versa. So, we are obviously all different. But, in almost all aspect, we are usually more similar.

AAMOF, we are asked to give reports by the companies we buy from and by each other.

Which, by the way, makes me want to add that it troubles me to see that ECX has not posted my review of the TE products yet. I write lots of reviews and they usually go right up. Nor has ECX published anything but glowing reviews about any of the TE products -- and even these are thin to nonexistent. Most have zero reviews.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
tasted the nport...and I love it!for me that's something...because I was a newport smoker...when I first started vaping all menthol tasted like vicks to me...so I quickly dropped the menthol...and vaped tobacco, and fruits, desserts..etc...besides I wasn't fond of adding menthol crystals because I could never get it right..lol..very happy with the nport...mixed at 3%, 50/50, 18 mg...is just perfect for me...LIGHT menthol with the tobacco...hope I can leave it alone to steep..lol..

I am also liking the ry4....slightly sweet, but not too much...mixed same as above but at 4%....this needs to steep imo...right now all I get is tobacco, but every now and then a LITTLE caramel...so we'll see after a day or two...:)..

I only bought two but I am very happy with them so I will be placing another order very soon..:)

That is good news about the Nport. I may have to give that one a try too. You know how caramel and vanilla are. Those flavors do require steep time to develop so maybe you will taste more of them in a few days in your RY4 :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Interesting tidbit here

The average person has about 10,000 taste buds and they're replaced every 2 weeks or so. But as a person ages, some of those taste cells don't get replaced. An older person may only have 5,000 working taste buds. That's why certain foods may taste stronger to a child than an adult. Smoking ("they say") also can reduce the number of taste buds a person has.

Read more: How do taste buds work? | Answerbag How do taste buds work? | Answerbag

Good reason why it takes us some time to recover taste after we quit smoking.

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
Sacha, it's alright if you don't agree.

And, yes, if I open a can of soup and it's only water or milk inside, then I'll ask for a refund. You can keep it if you want. I wouldn't agree with that, either, but I don't need to agree with your choices. So, I guess that's what makes people different. Not taste buds LOL

And, to be clear, it's not the grossness of the flavors that I disliked. It's the way that it was handled. Policy may be policy, but there still should be some protection for buying products. I am a consumer, which I think is supposed to mean something, since I have the dollars, not that the company has the power over me.

So, yo, I vote with my feet.

I understand, If your review is spot on I don,t imagine it will be on the best seller list.

LookMa`NoSmoK

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2012
Vaporfornia
Which, by the way, makes me want to add that it troubles me to see that ECX has not posted my review of the TE products yet. I write lots of reviews and they usually go right up. Nor has ECX published anything but glowing reviews about any of the TE products -- and even these are thin to nonexistent. Most have zero reviews.

I have written 5 star reviews on sites and sometimes it takes them ~a week to approve them. I don't believe ECX would not allow a negative review. We willl see.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

I agree that it stinks that vendors have to approve the reviews of products placed on their site. Most ecig related sites do the same thing as ECX. It does make it difficult to know if a product will suit your tastes or not before buying them. That is why I always try to stick with small samples of things that I have not tried in order to see if they will suit my tastes or not. The reviews on site can only be relied upon to a certain extent.

I also always keep in mind that what another person or even 100 people love, I may hate. I learned that the hard way when I started vaping. I think that most of us do learn that the hard way when it comes to taste in liquid and hardware. I am all for posting what I feel is negative to me about a product as well as posting positive. I have done it many times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread