DIY Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
i sent the sellers and the product names so you can find it , dont want to get reported ,
i used 23ml VG And PG and 3ml nic 1 ml flavour
You won’t get reported or anything for telling us what you mixed. I promise! This is a DIY forum site and "the name of the game” if you will. Here’s an example...

18ml VG
5ml PG
3ml 72mg Nicotine (PG Base)
1ml TFA Chocolate

I believe you may have bought a VG/PG mixed base as it’s available within the link you shared at different ratio options. If thats the case, show it on 1 line such as...

23ml 70/30 VG/PG
1ml TFA Chocolate

We want to help you but simply need more info:)

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
You won’t get reported or anything for telling us what you mixed. I promise! This is a DIY forum site and "the name of the game” if you will. Here’s an example...

18ml VG
5ml PG
1ml TFA Chocolate

I believe you may have bought a VG/PG mixed base as it’s available within the link you shared at different ratio options. If thats the case, show it on 1 line such as...

23ml 70/30 VG/PG
1ml TFA Chocolate

We want to help you but simply need more info:)
sorry i am just paranoid , dont want to get reported
i am sure i bought MAXPG / MAXVG I Can See It On The Purchase History and 72mg 7.2% Nicotine PG Based
23ml VG
23ml PG
3ml 72mg 7.2% Nicotine PG Based
1ml TFA Chocolate

Links :
PG And VG / MAXPG / MAXVG
VG Vegetable Glycerin and PG Propylene Glycol 100-500ML USP GRADE | eBay
TFA Chocolate
"E" DIY "Juice" flavors - Food Grade Concentrate - Over 110 Kind of Flavoring & | eBay
72mg 7.2% Nicotine PG Base
72mg 7.2% Unflavoured Organic Nicotine Base USP Grade in PG or VG | eBay

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You aren't going to get reported HERE for letting us know your ingredients. Ebay is not always the most reliable or inexpensive seller, is that all you have access to?

You can also just look at your bottle of flavoring, PG and Nic, and write what is on it. It should list the MANUFACTURER, for example "Flavor art" Double Chocolate, PG or VG solution etc.

I'm concerned that if buying from ebay, some of your ingredients MAY be out of date. It would be good to check if there is an expiration date, although if the seller is unscrupulous, they may well have relabeled.

Also depending on your nic, that may be the issue, too. What color is it, is it pale, is it dark, etc. You want to make sure you get Pharma Grade too, (USP) and that the nicotine is not dark or impure. You can inspect it (visually) but honestly if it's from ebay, well, all bets are off.

However, I would inspect everything, look for dark or strange colored ingredients, smells that may be off, flavoring looking cloudy and/or tasting bad, etc. That's pretty much the best you can do at THIS point, and if Ebay is all you have access too, well the best you can do is check your ingredients.

Welcome and I hope you get some things sorted out. Are you in a country where it is hard to obtain ingredients? You do NOT have to say the country or anything, but you can say if it is difficult to obtain legitimate ingredients, and if so, someone may be able to assist via Personal Message, so you aren't exposing yourself to any authorities if that is the case
Anna

• Useful
Reactions: NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
sorry i am just paranoid , dont want to get reported
All good, no worries!

i am sure i bought MAXPG / MAXVG I Can See It On The Purchase History and 72mg 7.2% Nicotine PG Based
23ml VG
23ml PG
1ml TFA Chocolate

I’m not certain which flavor you have but if it is in fact TFA milk chocolate, 1ml would be equivalent to 2%. Does the chocolate flavor in your mix taste good to you this way? The least amount of flavoring is probably best if you do in fact like it this way. The median suggested for this flavor (if this is what you have) as a stand alone is 10%. Though that doesn’t mean you have to use that much. It simply means thats the average used when used alone.

Do you prefer more PG than VG or this is your first mix and trial run? If the former and you know what VG/PG ratios you like, great! Though if you don’t know, I’d recommend trying maybe a bit higher percentage of VG. You mentioned it burning like hell. This might not apply to you but for me personally, before DIY, I was mistaken in which I was actually experiencing. This might sound complicated but it’s not...

I strongly recommend using an online calculator. You simply follow directions in dialling in your ingredients. Then it tells you your amounts to use for each ingredient. You can google (or use preferred search engine) "eliquid calculator" and you’ll have several good options come back.

You can also do an online search for "eliquid recipes” to find recipe sites in the future. I know at the moment you’d simply like to get this one down. I’d like to help you. What was your goal nicotine in percentage? It comes out to 4.3% nic the way you mixed it. Which is totally fine. I was going to dial your mix into my recipe calculator to help or show you an example. Here’s one below which might help you anyway. If you’d like higher nicotine, as your original post mentioned you might not be happy with, let me know and I’ll change this for you.

Also, let me know about the chocolate and if you want it to stay the same etc. Then I can change it for you also. I slightly raised your VG and slightly lowered your PG. I might be wrong in thinking you still need to find the ratios which work best for you. It’s usually recommended to start at 50/50 (which you were close to) and go from there, raising 5-10% VG at a time until you figure out your preference. I’m willing to help you do this, if you’d like.

This is an example of a recipe calculator. I dialled in your ingredients as I understand them to possibly be, using the nicotine level you used in your mix, the average mixing percentage for the chocolate and changed your VG/PG to 60/40. This is not me telling you that you should do it this way. I noticed you might still need some help. So...

MIlk Chocolate.png

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Based
23ml VG
23ml PG
1ml TFA Chocolate
Now we have something understandable.:thumbs: This is your recipe plugged into my e-liquid calculator:
upload_2018-6-16_16-4-40.png

(Note: you can click on the image to see a larger, easier-to-read, version.)
Now we can better address your original post (OP).
Need your help when i use nicotine i dont feel almost none TH But When i Taste It I Know Its Stupid It Burns Like Hell
From reading your attached nic link; it appears you have standard freebase nicotine (not Nicotine Salts). So, there should be no extra "smoothing" in that regard.
4.32mg/mL nicotine is not going to have anywhere even remotely close to the same TH the undiluted 72mg/mL has. If you want to increase TH without increasing nic content; you could try raising the PG level, and lowering the VG by the same amount.

I am skeptical that you are using TFA-Chocolate (TFA = The Flavor Apprentice). The link you shared is showing the flavors labeled as "MFL" and "My Fresh Lab made in UK." I don't know what that is; but it is not TFA.

I point this out, and make the distinction; because a flavor concentrate from one manufacturer, may not taste the same ore be used at the same strength, as a concentrate from a different manufacturer... even if they have the same name ("Chocolate" in this case).

I know nothing about MFL; so I can't offer any advice. I saw (in another forum) that @ceeceeisme ha used some MFL. Perhaps she might be willing to share her thoughts?
Made A 50ml bottle 50VG/50PG Poured It in not measuring just looking and about 8ml of 72mg PG Based Nicotine
Eyeball measuring, as I am sure you know, is not ideal for DIY. This could be further reason why you are not getting the TH you were wanting. You intended to add 3mL of nic; but maybe you only got 2mL or even 1mL of nic. That would certainly reduce TH too.

I am also seeing, that you mentioned using 8mL of nic in your original post, but when you finally shared your complete recipe it lists using only 3mL. That can also make a big difference in TH. 8mL whoud provide 11.52mg/mL; while the 3mL is only giving 4.32mg/mL.

Using more precise methods, like syringes, a scale, or graduated cylinders, will provide you much better, more repeatable results.;)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Now we have something understandable.:thumbs: This is your recipe plugged into my e-liquid calculator:
View attachment 748927

From reading your attached nic link; it appears you have standard freebase nicotine (not Nicotine Salts). So, there should be no extra "smoothing" in that regard.
4.32mg/mL nicotine is not going to have anywhere even remotely close to the same TH the undiluted 72mg/mL has. If you want to increase TH without increasing nic content; you could try raising the PG level, and lowering the VG by the same amount.

I am skeptical that you are using TFA-Chocolate (TFA = The Flavor Apprentice). The link you shared is showing the flavors labeled as "MFL" and "My Fresh Lab made in UK." I don't know what that is; but it is not TFA.

I point this out, and make the distinction; because a flavor concentrate from one manufacturer, may not taste the same ore be used at the same strength, as a concentrate from a different manufacturer... even if they have the same name ("Chocolate" in this case).

I know nothing about MFL; so I can't offer any advice. I saw (in another forum) that @ceeceeisme ha used some MFL. Perhaps she might be willing to share her thoughts?

Eyeball measuring, as I am sure you know, is not ideal for DIY. This could be further reason why you are not getting the TH you were wanting. You intended to add 3mL of nic; but maybe you only got 2mL or even 1mL of nic. That would certainly reduce TH too.

I am also seeing, that you mentioned using 8mL of nic in your original post, but when you finally shared your complete recipe it lists using only 3mL. That can also make a big difference in TH. 8mL whoud provide 11.52mg/mL; while the 3mL is only giving 4.32mg/mL.

Using more precise methods, like syringes, a scale, or graduated cylinders, will provide you much better, more repeatable results.;)

Ah, good old My Fresh Lab.

Their chocolate is not good (if it's chocolate we're talking). And their flavors are super concentrated with 1% being maybe the most I would consider using these days (1% would be a pretty strong top note for pretty much everything they make).

Their fruit flavors are quite good and for the most part different from what's offered in North America. I believe they are made in China, despite the labels saying "Made in UK".

They are alcohol based and they are NOT sweet. To my tastes, I need sweetener of some kind any time I use these flavors.

Beyond that I can't tell you much. I use them from time to time at very low percentages as accent flavors (in the range of 0.15% to 0.25%). Almond, Angry Bull, apple, coconut and lemon are what I get the most use out of. Their Boston Cream Pie is also good but needs some supporting cake and cream to round it out in a recipe.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
View attachment 748927

Thanks to you and everyone who helped me out , i think this thread is answered

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks so much im planning to get the tools just a little bit broken , and one more thing if i can ask why cant i feel the TH Almost , and i tasted it once i know stupid and it burnt like hell

Here's the video that got me started mixing by weight. In fact, I bought those same scales and still use them today. They fold over in the center and snap shut for storage.

Here's the link: How to Make DIY E-Juice: A Beginners Guide

Last edited:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Just stepping in and back out real quickly. A quick clarification.
    The median suggested for this flavor (if this is what you have) as a stand alone is 10%. Though that doesn’t mean you have to use that much. It simply means thats the average used when used alone.
    That's not quite right, and I usually use the median as the high starting point for SFT. Works for me.

Here's a C/P from a dictionary "denoting the middle term of a series arranged in order of magnitude, or (if there is no middle term) the average of the middle two terms. For example, the median number of the series 55, 62, 76, 85, 93 is 76"

Reactions: stols001

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Just stepping in and back out real quickly. A quick clarification.That's not quite right, and I usually use the median as the high starting point for SFT. Works for me.

Here's a C/P from a dictionary "denoting the middle term of a series arranged in order of magnitude, or (if there is no middle term) the average of the middle two terms. For example, the median number of the series 55, 62, 76, 85, 93 is 76"
    Thanks for that clarification and pointing this out;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread