Diy question concerning nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hey ECF friends,

I've been doing diy for about a month now.. but I found a one shot that I really really like!

Its called Rose Milk from diy or die. The guy that made this is in my opinion a diy genius.

Directions say best mixed at 15% and it's great but I vape at a high nic level.. the flavor is a little weak after about a day or two. But I'm someone that NEEDS a lot of flavor and throat hit!

Do you guys think I should mix it at a higher percentage because my nic level is diluting the intended flavor profile? I vape at 24mg

Thanks, Kelly

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
15% is toward the higher end, but it still might be worth trying. In my experience, higher levels of nicotine tend to mask flavour so you do need a bit more flavouring at 24 mg/ml than you would at 6 mg/ml or so.

When I was using 24 mg/ml, I ordered all my juice with double flavour. I eventually decided to lower my nicotine, and when I reached 15 mg/ml the flavour was off a bit. At 10 mg/ml the juice I used to love was absolutely disgusting. Then it clicked. I dropped the flavour level to normal and it was great again.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Well I've been sampling so many recipes for like a month so I had the good old vapors tongue last week. Lasted 3 days.. I tried not to vape and drank lots of extra water and recovered lol

Idk maybe I'm so used to to commercial eliquids being so sweet that now diy flavors are weaker.. I'm hoping that goes away soon.

I do have capella super sweet, tfa sweetener and EM but I'm trying to keep those to a minimum so I don't ruin the flavors. I just made a new 10ml batch and changed my pg/vg ratios up. I'll see how that works

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
I was using a tone of EM 3% but I quickly realized that I couldn't taste any flavor. It was so bland and that's when I got the vapers tongue.. so EM I'm gonna stay away from for a while

I have about 10 batches on my desk all loaded with EM because I thought it was helping bring the flavors out more :facepalm:

You live and you learn. Hopefully a new diy person comes across this thread someday so they don't make the same mistake. I wasted a lot of products that's for sure :blush:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Kelly1988 It is Always better to start low as it is easier to add flavor than take it out. I don't mix my 24 mg with any flavor so I could not add anything to that but mixing @ 3 mg, I do see flavor is a lot weaker than commercial flavored. I can take commercial and make an extra 3 (30ml) bottles and have all 4 (30ml) still taste the same as the original one. Yes Em I will only use at a max of 1% as some flavors have sweetener already added in. When you have an over flavoring it will mute it out and not be able to taste it. Hope that helps.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well I've been sampling so many recipes for like a month so I had the good old vapors tongue last week. Lasted 3 days.. I tried not to vape and drank lots of extra water and recovered lol

Idk maybe I'm so used to to commercial eliquids being so sweet that now diy flavors are weaker.. I'm hoping that goes away soon.

I do have capella super sweet, tfa sweetener and EM but I'm trying to keep those to a minimum so I don't ruin the flavors. I just made a new 10ml batch and changed my pg/vg ratios up. I'll see how that works
A higher pg in your liquids helps throat hit come out, so if your adjustment is too smooth you will know why. What % did you adjust the pg/vg to?

:)

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
A higher pg in your liquids helps throat hit come out, so if your adjustment is too smooth you will know why. What % did you adjust the pg/vg to?

50/50 still seems smooth like you said. When I Vaped commercial brands it's was 70pg 30vg I just thought in diy to get the best vape is to increase the vg.

I'm not a cloud person. I vape like a brand new vaper, I always enjoyed the flavorful throat hit rather than clouds and mods.

I use an eleaf aster right now with a dripping atomizer 2.5 because of all the sampling I've been doing but I'm finding that the atomizer is more my style for MTL experience

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
50/50 still seems smooth like you said. When I Vaped commercial brands it's was 70pg 30vg I just thought in diy to get the best vape is to increase the vg.

I'm not a cloud person. I vape like a brand new vaper, I always enjoyed the flavorful throat hit rather than clouds and mods.

I use an eleaf aster right now with a dripping atomizer 2.5 because of all the sampling I've been doing but I'm finding that the atomizer is more my style for MTL experience
VG is mostly used to promote cloud production and it does add a bit of sweet to ejuices. PG will also help the ejuice be more flavorable as VG has a tendency to mute flavor slightly. You may want to try that 70 pg and 30 vg to up your throat hit and flavor taste.....just a suggestion.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Maybe it’s just me but I’ve never gotten sweet from EM. I use it to smooth the sharp edges off, bitter flavors, notes that just seem disproportionate. I guess in that way I’ll agree it mutes flavor, but it doesn’t mute them all the same way.

And it’s a lot like any other flavor in that you have to play with it to see how it behaves over time, it needs steeping, and a certain percentage seems like it’s not enough at first, but it’s a grower not a fader, and it’ll affect a mix more and more over time.

I’m not even sure it ever stops changing.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Since you also are MTL, do you use higher PG levels for flavor and throat hit? I've been doing 70vg 30pg..
Actually I do the same. The 12mg with a bit of extra flavor gets a decent flavor and sufficient throat hit. I actually enjoy the flavor more so you may need to crank up the nic a bit. The stronger flavor compensates for me, your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread