Status
Not open for further replies.

relax1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
il
I need help, I really want to make my own juice, but I don't know where to go for vegetable glyserine, I was told Walmart, and then I was told don't use that because it's not food grade, and then was told go to a whole foods store, plus I have to get the nicotine, and flavorings, and empty bottles, plus learn how to make it, a little overwhelmed here, but I will learn it, any help would be appreciated.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
... I was told Walmart, and then I was told don't use that because it's not food grade...

Um, it's USP grade. The P is Pharma... That's purer than food grade.

I think the first thing you need to do is stop listening to people who don't know what they are talking about. I imagine that once that dribble is tuned out, it will be much easier to figure it out.

relax1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
il
Hoosier:10507741 said:
... I was told Walmart, and then I was told don't use that because it's not food grade...

I think the first thing you need to do is stop listening to people who don't know what they are talking about. I imagine that once that dribble is tuned out, it will be much easier to figure it out.
thanks everyone for the help, I just want to make sure I do it right, as low risk as possible.

relax1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
il
amiller36:10507604 said:
Wizard labs starter kit. Read a few forums. Done.

By the way, if you are looking for 'in store' products, Hobby Lobby and similar stores cary Lorannes flavoring. I still go there for quick pick ups to save on shipping.
I think there is a hobby lobby right by where I live so that would be easy for me to check out.

MrPloom

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
chicago

Where can I get higher quality flavorings?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well, I'm a fan of Lorann's Pina Collada because it works better for me than the ones I've tried from TPA/TFA and Capella. I like a few of their flavors.

I like a number of TPA/TFA's, and a few of Capella's, a number of FA's, a few of the SC's from ECX and VZ.

For new mixers I usually recommend Capella's because they seldom hit levels 7 & 8 which makes it easier to get the flavoring levels figured out.

Note:
TPA/TFA is The Perfumer's Apprentice / The Flavor Apprentice
FA is Flavour Art
SC's are Super Concentrates from EcigExpress and Vaping Zone
Levels 7 & 8 refer to the chart of flavoring levels from my blog on flavoring levels and some silly mixers think it is a good read.
Added this note since we tend to speak in our own "mixer lingo" not because we are exclusive, but because we are lazy type-ers.

relax1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
il
Well, I'm a fan of Lorann's Pina Collada because it works better for me than the ones I've tried from TPA/TFA and Capella. I like a few of their flavors.

I like a number of TPA/TFA's, and a few of Capella's, a number of FA's, a few of the SC's from ECX and VZ.

For new mixers I usually recommend Capella's because they seldom hit levels 7 & 8 which makes it easier to get the flavoring levels figured out.

Note:
TPA/TFA is The Perfumer's Apprentice / The Flavor Apprentice
FA is Flavour Art
SC's are Super Concentrates from EcigExpress and Vaping Zone
Levels 7 & 8 refer to the chart of flavoring levels from my blog on flavoring levels and some silly mixers think it is a good read.
Added this note since we tend to speak in our own "mixer lingo" not because we are exclusive, but because we are lazy type-ers.
I really do appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction on all this, I think I may have just obtained a new hobby.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I was also wondering, if the recipe calls for water, what percentage should I use, and should it be distilled? Or should I put any in at all?

If a recipe calls for water, it should say how much water. I don't use water in any of my recipes.

I may try to make like a strawberry cream juice, which flavor is more prominent than the other or should it be a 50/50 mix?, I guess it depends on the strength of the flavor? I was thinking Bavarian cream and strawberry.

Yep, depends on the strength and also how they two play with each other.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole

Just a suggestion, this is art not accounting. Remember that Even a brand you might not be drawn to can be wonderful for use in special cases or to suggest to someone else. The flavors are tools for you to create with, don't disregard any of your tools. Oh, and all flavor vendors have strengths and weaknesses so it's more about finding the "right" caramel not the "best" caramel, if you take my meaning.

Last edited:

relax1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
il
SonHouse:10514295 said:

Just a suggestion, this is art not accounting. Remember that Even a brand you might not be drawn to can be wonderful for use in special cases or to suggest to someone else. The flavors are tools for you to create with, don't disregard any of your tools. Oh, and all flavor vendors have strengths and weaknesses so it's more about finding the "right" caramel not the "best" caramel, if you take my meaning.
that is good to know as well, so your saying just because one brand works with a certain flavor, a different brand of the same version of their flavor may not work as well with the same flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread