Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I didn't think of either as DL, but the Innokin EQ feels as open a draw as the Nord. And Orion Q feels more open than either.
I have heard the Orion (origional) referred to as restricted DL. iirc it uses the same pods as the Q though so they’re probably at least fairly similar.

I guess it comes down to the value judgement of what you personally like.

My strong suspicion is the DL hit of an RDA or something like a fire like mesh just isn’t findable in a pod. I could be wrong though.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have heard the Orion (origional) referred to as restricted DL. iirc it uses the same pods as the Q though so they’re probably at least fairly similar.

I guess it comes down to the value judgement of what you personally like.

My strong suspicion is the DL hit of an RDA or something like a fire like mesh just isn’t findable in a pod. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only functional difference between original Orion & Q is no DNA. My son got the Q, and I was glad I didn't get one - it hits really hard for a pod, if that's what you like. He had it partially closed, and it was still a more open draw than any other pod I've tried. It was a pretty warm/hot vape as well. It's probably just the ticket for someone who wants a pod but can't be satisfied with the "smaller" hits most deliver. I'd say all the way open, restricted DL is probably accurate (or as accurate as one can be categorizing these things). Very nice device overall, but I was disappointed it wasn't my cup of tea.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Okay, I've had the VooPoo Rota a while now, and just now tried it. Without a doubt, it's the most open pod I've found. Definitely fits the bill for DL. So much so, it isn't for me. I'd heard great things about Voopoo's Gene chip, and wanted to try one of their products. I can't say how it performs overall, as I've only had about a dozen hits on it. So far flavor is not very intense. But if you're looking for DL on a pod, I'd say among those I've tried, most DL is this one, followed by the Orion Q, then Nord, then closely followed by EQ. While I like some of the 5 or 6 others I've tried, none come close to DL.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only functional difference between original Orion & Q is no DNA. My son got the Q, and I was glad I didn't get one - it hits really hard for a pod, if that's what you like. He had it partially closed, and it was still a more open draw than any other pod I've tried. It was a pretty warm/hot vape as well. It's probably just the ticket for someone who wants a pod but can't be satisfied with the "smaller" hits most deliver. I'd say all the way open, restricted DL is probably accurate (or as accurate as one can be categorizing these things). Very nice device overall, but I was disappointed it wasn't my cup of tea.
went to local shop for orion Q, but disappointed by build quality especially prices point. cant believe 4 out 4 have gap between pod and mod ..... unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread