Status
Not open for further replies.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Pic success

Mike you have tried a lot of vaping gear how badarse are we talking here.
If the customization actually works as thought and posted here there until release; seems untouchable as premise, and Evolv has again set a standard to be copied..

Wow thats some tech, engineers wet dream, even us wannabe's lol..

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Honestly I KINDA maybe want a dna 200. but honestly the lipo battery is turning me off so hard right now. I use up 4 2500mah batteries a day easily so being stuck on a USB charger is really a turn off for me. Haven't been checking up on this forum completely but that whole using your computer to set up stuff is kinda eh. Things are getting too damn complicated. Hence why I like my sig 150. its so simple compared to the gyrometer 50 bajillion menu yihi chips these days.

plus I am just scared that in terms of bugs its gonna be DNA 40 again(except firmware fixes I guess but still). I was there during DNA40gate. oh the glitches. oh the matrix coming into this world. it was horrible.

Well to be also honest my first DNA experience was with a vaporshark rDNA40 with a horrible paint defect(completely peeling off around the device after a week) and now a 510 that barely makes connection to most of the my atties so I have been turned off american anything since I have generally had way better experiences with chinese devices.

Maybe I will finally get into that idea of 3D printing mods and make a DNA200 mod.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Stay away from zippy. I've seen more on fire than working. There was another red pack manufacturer that I used to use that sucked too but I can't remember the bloody name. I had to drown them in Salt water for two weeks, Pierce them and dispose of them. My heart bleed... 150 dollars each pack and didn't last 7 charges before inflating. Never again.

Funny was the company offering life time replacements at 50% I wonder why!

My best lipos have been black line lipolice (175A continuous) , hacker, flight power, Thunder power, etc. Same as with everything, quality costs.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Mike you have tried a lot of vaping gear how badarse are we talking here.
I vape 0.08 to 0.15 NI200 coils on Taifun clones, using a 50/50 mix of 36mgl juice and "I" can't handle the upper end of its capability.

For me, and just for me, the main advantage to having the 200w is the damn near instant preheat, but I can't see "myself" ever vaping at the 200w level with the current atty materials. I do look forward to experimenting with other types of wire in a controlled/informed manner though.

The software is a Vape Geek's wet-dream, pure and simple.

IMHO the board can handle the extremes of the current state of the art of coil building and materials.

Reactions: alistairs

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
I vape 0.08 to 0.15 NI200 coils on Taifun clones, using a 50/50 mix of 36mgl juice and "I" can't handle the upper end of its capability.

For me, and just for me, the main advantage to having the 200w is the damn near instant preheat, but I can't see "myself" ever vaping at the 200w level with the current atty materials. I do look forward to experimenting with other types of wire in a controlled/informed manner though.

The software is a Vape Geek's wet-dream, pure and simple.

IMHO the board can handle the extremes of the current state of the art of coil building and materials.
Well to be honest, 200 watts is only really usable if you have stuff like STAGGERED CLAPTON TWISTED DRAGON T-REX VAPEASSIC WORLD 1 GAUGE coils. but for nickel/tit builds that power is overkill. though to be honest most higher up sub ohm tanks are already pushing 100 watts. hell doesn't the maganus handle like 150 watts?

But you know somebody will use the power. I mean for god sake when I got my sigelei 150 some guy was all like "CALL ME WHEN YOU WANT A REAL VAPE" shows off his like 350 watts mech box.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Just up on IG:
upload_2015-6-14_13-15-23.png

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Unless VS offers the VS DNA200 with an anodized finish, I won't even look at it. As for the DNA200 itself, I'm going to wait at least a couple of weeks. I want to see real, every day use reviews. After the mess Evolv created with the DNA40 they have to really deliver this time. Anything else than a perfect board is unacceptable.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Haha...hahaha. screw vaporshark. my VS is in a horrible condition after light use. pictures were after less than two months of usage.

tumblr_npybhwfE7Y1r31daro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_npybhwfE7Y1r31daro2_1280.jpg

The thing started peeling after a week of use and just got worse and worse. I didn't use a sleeve(because I think they are ugly) but this thing was always used on my desk, when I took it with me it would be in my jacket's inner pocket that is soft, mod is only thing in there. thing would peel more and more with every use.

Vaporshark essentially made a bunch of excuses, even though they said that there were "some mods with paint issues" and told me essentially to get lost.

I just explode everytime I see vaporshark haha. they are the reason why I decided to stay away from american "premium" brands and bought chinese mods which has lasted me better than this thing. Sure I COULD of used a sleeve but the top would of still peeled and honestly a 200 dollar american mod shouldn't have crappy paint like that. hell apparently even the chinese clones have better rubberized paint.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
My rDNA40 after 7+ months of constant use (mostly in a sharkshin):

My rubberized rDNA40 looks as good as the day I got it. My older DNA30 with the old regular black paint is pretty bad. The newer rubberized paint is much more durable.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
CEOs of Samsung and LG: "What the heck happened to the sales of 18650s?"

Lol, yep. The DNA-200 is very bad for Samsung, LG, Sony. Once it is released, every other mod manufacturer will copy the replaceable Lipo idea (yes I realize some are using Lipos already, but I think now it will totally obsolete 18650's in mods).

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Actually, it could be the best news Samsung, Sony, LG ever had. No more worrying about lawsuits, possible bad press when a cell bursts, people using their cells so far beyond recommended limits, individuals requesting datasheets, etc. :)

The yearly cell puchases of all vapers together might not even equal one order from one of their big customers.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    My rDNA40 after 7+ months of constant use (mostly in a sharkshin):
    DSC_2468_zps35avzpz6.jpg

DSC_2466_zpskfhgvss9.jpg
    First thing I did when I opened my Vaporshark package was put my shark skin on. It's been on since day one. Had it almost a month. Never even opened the battery door. Still looks mint. I just use the zip or charger pad. I'll prolly do the same with the DNA 200. I'd rather that over the Opus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread