DNA 40 Clone Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffloop

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2013
UK
I have 2 dna40 clone chips coming from cigabuy this week! This will be my first attempt at a transplant. Figured my first attempt would be with a clone chip. And I'm replacing a clone dna30 in either the FT vaporshark dna30 clone (the built in batt one) or in my dna30 zero mod clone.

I don't like the firing delay on the dna30 clone chip. Does the dna40 clone chip have the same delay? ????

It has a delay from standby - 2 to 3 secs - bloody annoying

vid here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...8-dna-40-clone-discussion-4.html#post15345186

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I have 2 dna40 clone chips coming from cigabuy this week! This will be my first attempt at a transplant. Figured my first attempt would be with a clone chip. And I'm replacing a clone dna30 in either the FT vaporshark dna30 clone (the built in batt one) or in my dna30 zero mod clone.

I don't like the firing delay on the dna30 clone chip. Does the dna40 clone chip have the same delay? ????

That's hard to say since there's no good count on the number of different makers of DNA40 clone boards right now. There's several different boards out there now. Kangxin makes their own (it works, about a half second firing delay) for a Vapor Flask clone, there's another brand in some of the dna 40 Hana clones, and there's whatever that defective unit Cigabuy is selling is(nobody has one that is working properly yet), among others.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I really want to try out temperature protection. Would've been great if I hadn't killed the cigabuy chip by trying to get it into a Cloupor Mini sized box sealed everywhere but at the bottom, though no great loss if it's crap anyway. I don't like big boxes (the Hana is too big for me), including dual battery mods, so I've stayed away from the vapor flask. Waiting for a working rdna clone, though I might need to get a vf if those aren't out soon.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Yeah nothing really lost -- now I get to fight with ciga buy over a partial refund -- you know they are not going to take it back now that i've soldered to it...

i printed a nice enclosure to hold the chip as soom as i had it in hand :/ Wish I would of soldered some wires to it and tested it first :(

oh well, live and learn

I ordered a dna40 from evolve last night after I found the knock-off dna 40 was bunk...

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
bought the one at angel cigs usa warehouse, sorta looks like a Cloupor, seems to work fine so far with kanthal yet i have not tried a NI200 build yet.....guess i need to watch some u-tube vids to get educated.....my deal is that i never have any trouble with dry hits anyway i'm always wetting the wick but i wanna try the TC.....did notice the battery life is not so good using VTC4/5's.....anyone got any suggestions on a good Ni200 build to try; be much appreciated.
Is this the one in the HANA style box? Regardless, look at the startup screen just after it says "Hello" and if it says "SmoCare" (look quick) then it's the same as mine and seems to work well. I have only tried a single coil of about 8 wraps of 28ga Ni200 in a kayfun clone so far. About 8 to 10 tankfulls & I like it. I'm not into huge clouds but it's a good vape for me at 430f and 16 or so watts.

And yeah, the batt (Samsung IMR, 2500mAh) goes pretty quick to about 1/3 left but lasts me all day. I charge it overnight. I'm thinking that using Ni coils & TC is probably best done with a dual battery device.

Last edited:

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
Is this the one in the HANA style box? Regardless, look at the startup screen just after it says "Hello" and if it says "SmoCare" (look quick) then it's the same as mine and seems to work well. I have only tried a single coil of about 8 wraps of 28ga Ni200 in a kayfun clone so far. About 8 to 10 tankfulls & I like it. I'm not into huge clouds but it's a good vape for me at 430f and 16 or so watts.

And yeah, the batt (Samsung IMR, 2500mAh) goes pretty quick to about 1/3 left but lasts me all day. I charge it overnight. I'm thinking that using Ni coils & TC is probably best done with a dual battery device.

mine only says "hello DNA40"....that's it?.....got the blue one

thanks i'll give that build a try

Last edited:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
mine only says "hello DNA40"....that's it?.....got the blue one

thanks i'll give that build a try

No, maybe not. Mine simply says "Hello" and the screen clears & quickly says only "SmoCare" before displaying res/temp/watts. Sounds like the clones are rapidly multiplying!, lol Got it from US angelecigs though

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Hmm, all these TC boards that fire up saying "Hello" then have a different (or no) message is leading me to believe it could be the same "OEM" board, with a few bits customized by the sellers to display their message.

It's also unlikely that several different board makers all figured out how to get functional DNA40 UI and TC at almost exactly the same time. Far more likely that one shop figured it out, and is selling boards (or at least firmware code, board schematics and a recommended parts list) to everyone else.

That doesn't apply to the higher tier manufacturers like Yihi or even Smok, they for sure "rolled-their-own" temp control software/hardware.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
T.. there's another brand in some of the DNA 40 Hana clones, and there's whatever that defective unit Cigabuy is selling is(nobody has one that is working properly yet), among others.

I agree that. moreover; I think I have that "another brand chip". bought from 3fvape as hana clone.

I can give little intel if you want guys. I'm still pursuing my dispute

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
Hmm, all these TC boards that fire up saying "Hello" then have a different (or no) message is leading me to believe it could be the same "OEM" board, with a few bits customized by the sellers to display their message.

It's also unlikely that several different board makers all figured out how to get functional DNA40 UI and TC at almost exactly the same time. Far more likely that one shop figured it out, and is selling boards (or at least firmware code, board schematics and a recommended parts list) to everyone else.

That doesn't apply to the higher tier manufacturers like Yihi or even Smok, they for sure "rolled-their-own" temp control software/hardware.

Breeding like flies, lol. Looks like it might be easier to just figure out & ID the ones that don't work? I had never heard of SmoCare before but on Alibaba I see they have been around 6 years. Dunno if that really means anything or not. A crap shoot so far.

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
i double checked even took the batt out and back in, after hello DNA40 goes straight into res/temp/watts

this is the one i got
DNA 40 Style 40W Temperature Adjust Box Mod Blue
That is a similar pic to the one I have, but the charge led on mine is below the usb port rather than on the side. The other pics of the wire crimps at the battery, the blue plastic chip cover & sticker, and the owners manual, extra wire, screwdriver, and even the heavy usb cable are identical to mine though. I suspect these pics are all gonna be mix & match, for reference only!

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Suggestions for good single coil RTAs for ni200 builds. I've been a dual coil guy for a long while and am therefore not up to date what's out there in terms of single coils. However, seeing as dual ni200 coils would require insanely large coils I need to go for singles. I have Kayfun 3.1 and Russian 91% clones but that's it.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Kayfun 3 seems to work well in tp. Mine did excellent. My erlp also is rock solid and was my adv in TP mode. Never failed.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.
Is that the kayfun 3.1 or something I've missed? I'm familiar with the Kayfun 3.1, lite - and their different iterations, and aware of the v4.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Suggestions for good single coil RTAs for ni200 builds. I've been a dual coil guy for a long while and am therefore not up to date what's out there in terms of single coils. However, seeing as dual ni200 coils would require insanely large coils I need to go for singles. I have Kayfun 3.1 and Russian 91% clones but that's it.

Taifun GTS is my standard...think I have 9 of them at the moment.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
well i finally got a build going, 8 wraps 28ga NI200 single coil on a alum little boy i believe on a 1/8th bit it comes out at 0.2 and have the TC set at 400; seems to be working great and i notice no delay in firing.......took me a couple of tries to get it spaced rite and the rite amount of tightening of the post screws to keep it from breaking.
i'm on my way :)

sando7-albums-regulated-non-box-mods-picture417340-dna40-2.jpg

sando7-albums-regulated-non-box-mods-picture417341-dna40-3.jpg

sando7-albums-regulated-non-box-mods-picture417339-dna40-1.jpg

just dropped the TC down to 390

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread