The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dna 40?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by JSRP, Jun 17, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JSRP

JSRP Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Any one know if a DNA 40 is in the works?

curious if there is any news floating about

2. Shootist

Shootist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2014
    Decatur, GA, USA
    Why? What would you do with it?

There are chips out that go all the way up to 100 watts +.

3. JSRP

That's an argument against the DNA30 also. Although 100+ watt chips exist, people still choose options like the SX350 and DNA30 due to the safety features, UI features (e.g. res, V and W) and usability over more advanced VV only chips such as the Raptor.

I would personally like a chip with these same features but with a higher max wattage, higher amp limit and possibly a lower min resistance.

4. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Exactly, who cares what he's gonna do with it. Either answer the question or move on!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. GeorgeWachsmuth

GeorgeWachsmuth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2014
    Riverhead, NY, USA
    I also heard rumors of one of the SX series being 40+ watts....you know sx200, sx220, sx300, sx350.....I heard that the new one may even be programmable for higher than that. Not sure where I saw it but I'll look into it again...

6. Shootist

May 5, 2014
    Decatur, GA, USA
    Wow! Excuse me. And how does your post help the OP?

There is no DNA40 at the present. Whether there will be is just speculation.

7. twizted

twizted Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    Get ya a beach towel, wrap some 3 gauge copper wire around it, soak it down with your favorite juice & plug in the nearest wall socket. Happy cloud chasing. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

8. JSRP

I haven't heard any news about it either, that's why I asked if anyone had heard anything about its possible development

9. RicMM
    This message by RicMM has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jun 17, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Jun 17, 2014
  10. JSRP

I heard about the firmware updates you can apply to the SX350 chip. Apparently the chip is speced up to 50watts!

11. twizted

May 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    FWIW:

Don't try what I suggested above, it's not safe. I just thought it sounded funny. But, let it be known that if anyone does try my suggestion, yours will be what is considered a clone. I've already made the world's first 5000 watt beach towel mod & I claim all rights and trademarks to the name. :)

12. JSRP

The result would be something like this:

dddf.jpg

13. Shootist

May 5, 2014
    Decatur, GA, USA
    Well I don't think it is even on their drawing boards. Again I ask why would it. The Sub-Ohm crowd is a very small segment of the vaping community so sales would be limited. To go along with that most Sub-Ohmers are hooked into Mech's. Sure for some it would be nice to have a regulated device but then what do they with all the Mech Mod's they have.
    Also most of the Mod's that have the DNA chips are in the $200+ range, for the most part. Again that is a small segment of vapers that would spend that much on a Mod. I certainly wouldn't.

If you try to run a 1.2+ ohm coil at anywhere near that 30 watts all you get is a HOT throat and or burnt taste.

Buying the Provari was expensive enough for me. But then I'm not a Sub-Ohmer or cloud chaser and never plan on being one. In fact I'm thinking of raising my coil ohms from around 1.4 to 1.8 or even 2 ohms. That will get me more coil/wick surface area.

14. twizted

May 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    On my provari, I find that I get the best all around vape with my coils anywhere from 2.3 to 3.0 ohms and I rarely if ever go over 4.3 volts

15. Nuclear Cowboy

Nuclear Cowboy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    What's a "Provari?" Are they making a 40W mod?

:p

16. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country

Lots of misinformation here.

Sub ohm vaping isn't some niche fad.
    After vapers graduate from an ego, about 90% of the mechanical mod users eventually venture into dripping.
    Dripping will allow you to experience flavor beyond the ability of a tank.
    Drippers are commonly built below the 1.0 ohm threshold.

There are TONS of RDAs out there
    You really don't think those are designed for 1.5 ohm builds do ya?

Why do ya think the DNA chips are so popular?
    They fire sub ohm attys.
    ;)

17. GeorgeWachsmuth

GeorgeWachsmuth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2014
    Riverhead, NY, USA
    Oh..oh...That drumming noise you hear is the approaching Provari army! :)

18. JSRP

Mechs are great for cloud-blowing but the drop-off drives me nuts. This is especially true when considering higher ohm builds like those generally used on tanks.

DNA's are great because not only can I have a consistent sub-ohm experience by eliminating drop-off, but it also allows me to tailor the balance of flavour and vapour when using higher ohm rebuildable such as a Kayfun. A theoretical DNA 40 with a higher max wattage, higher amp limit and lower resistance tolerances would only increase my flexibility by allowing me a harder-hitting sub-ohm build and the ability to produce great vapour production on even higher ohm builds.

19. EJAB

EJAB Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes, the SX350 already has the 35W software up-date and a 40W up-grade will be available by the end of the month. AtoZ Vapor World claims that in the UK the SX350 has been tested at 50W, but YiHi Ecigar is unsure when and if this up-grade will be available. The newest SX350s now have reverse polarity protection, unlike it's predecessor and both can be adapted to use up/dwn buttons versus the "gravity" sensor (little soldering).

20. EJAB

EJAB Super Member ECF Veteran

How do you graduate from an Ego and where did you get that 90% figure? Did you graduate?

21. B1sh0p

B1sh0p Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Chicago
    This is just an all around bad/misinformed post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.