Dna 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Why? What would you do with it?

There are chips out that go all the way up to 100 watts +.

That's an argument against the DNA30 also. Although 100+ watt chips exist, people still choose options like the SX350 and DNA30 due to the safety features, UI features (e.g. res, V and W) and usability over more advanced VV only chips such as the Raptor.

I would personally like a chip with these same features but with a higher max wattage, higher amp limit and possibly a lower min resistance.

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow! Excuse me. And how does your post help the OP?

There is no DNA40 at the present. Whether there will be is just speculation.

I haven't heard any news about it either, that's why I asked if anyone had heard anything about its possible development

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also heard rumors of one of the SX series being 40+ watts....you know sx200, sx220, sx300, sx350.....I heard that the new one may even be programmable for higher than that. Not sure where I saw it but I'll look into it again...

I heard about the firmware updates you can apply to the SX350 chip. Apparently the chip is speced up to 50watts!

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
FWIW:

Don't try what I suggested above, it's not safe. I just thought it sounded funny. But, let it be known that if anyone does try my suggestion, yours will be what is considered a clone. I've already made the world's first 5000 watt beach towel mod & I claim all rights and trademarks to the name. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Get ya a beach towel, wrap some 3 gauge copper wire around it, soak it down with your favorite juice & plug in the nearest wall socket. Happy cloud chasing. :)

The result would be something like this:

dddf.jpg

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Well I don't think it is even on their drawing boards. Again I ask why would it. The Sub-Ohm crowd is a very small segment of the vaping community so sales would be limited. To go along with that most Sub-Ohmers are hooked into Mech's. Sure for some it would be nice to have a regulated device but then what do they with all the Mech Mod's they have.
Also most of the Mod's that have the DNA chips are in the $200+ range, for the most part. Again that is a small segment of vapers that would spend that much on a Mod. I certainly wouldn't.

If you try to run a 1.2+ ohm coil at anywhere near that 30 watts all you get is a HOT throat and or burnt taste.

Buying the Provari was expensive enough for me. But then I'm not a Sub-Ohmer or cloud chaser and never plan on being one. In fact I'm thinking of raising my coil ohms from around 1.4 to 1.8 or even 2 ohms. That will get me more coil/wick surface area.

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
Well I don't think it is even on their drawing boards. Again I ask why would it. The Sub-Ohm crowd is a very small segment of the vaping community so sales would be limited. To go along with that most Sub-Ohmers are hooked into Mech's. Sure for some it would be nice to have a regulated device but then what do they with all the Mech Mod's they have.
Also most of the Mod's that have the DNA chips are in the $200+ range, for the most part. Again that is a small segment of vapers that would spend that much on a Mod. I certainly wouldn't.

If you try to run a 1.2+ ohm coil at anywhere near that 30 watts all you get is a HOT throat and or burnt taste.

Buying the Provari was expensive enough for me. But then I'm not a Sub-Ohmer or cloud chaser and never plan on being one. In fact I'm thinking of raising my coil ohms from around 1.4 to 1.8 or even 2 ohms. That will get me more coil/wick surface area.
On my provari, I find that I get the best all around vape with my coils anywhere from 2.3 to 3.0 ohms and I rarely if ever go over 4.3 volts

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Lots of misinformation here.

Sub ohm vaping isn't some niche fad.
After vapers graduate from an ego, about 90% of the mechanical mod users eventually venture into dripping.
Dripping will allow you to experience flavor beyond the ability of a tank.
Drippers are commonly built below the 1.0 ohm threshold.

There are TONS of RDAs out there
You really don't think those are designed for 1.5 ohm builds do ya?

Why do ya think the DNA chips are so popular?
They fire sub ohm attys.
;)

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Mechs are great for cloud-blowing but the drop-off drives me nuts. This is especially true when considering higher ohm builds like those generally used on tanks.

DNA's are great because not only can I have a consistent sub-ohm experience by eliminating drop-off, but it also allows me to tailor the balance of flavour and vapour when using higher ohm rebuildable such as a Kayfun. A theoretical DNA 40 with a higher max wattage, higher amp limit and lower resistance tolerances would only increase my flexibility by allowing me a harder-hitting sub-ohm build and the ability to produce great vapour production on even higher ohm builds.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
I also heard rumors of one of the SX series being 40+ watts....you know sx200, sx220, sx300, sx350.....I heard that the new one may even be programmable for higher than that. Not sure where I saw it but I'll look into it again...
Yes, the SX350 already has the 35W software up-date and a 40W up-grade will be available by the end of the month. AtoZ Vapor World claims that in the UK the SX350 has been tested at 50W, but YiHi Ecigar is unsure when and if this up-grade will be available. The newest SX350s now have reverse polarity protection, unlike it's predecessor and both can be adapted to use up/dwn buttons versus the "gravity" sensor (little soldering).

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
Lots of misinformation here.

Sub ohm vaping isn't some niche fad.
After vapers graduate from an ego, about 90% of the mechanical mod users eventually venture into dripping.
Dripping will allow you to experience flavor beyond the ability of a tank.
Drippers are commonly built below the 1.0 ohm threshold.

There are TONS of RDAs out there
You really don't think those are designed for 1.5 ohm builds do ya?

Why do ya think the DNA chips are so popular?
They fire sub ohm attys.
;)
How do you graduate from an Ego and where did you get that 90% figure? Did you graduate?

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago

This is just an all around bad/misinformed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread