Dna 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
it's all about the ability of your coil to wick your juice properly at that specific wattage

all the newbies in this thread please read this quote, then read it again, then read it again, then think of what color you would like it tattoo'd in on your forehead because it's that important.

burnt taste/hits is not from power, it is your wick.

as for op, forget about dna chips, they are the past. google "beast mod" and see what a 200w box with dual 26650's look like. once these are readily available, the mech will be obsolete. and this comes from someone who owns quite a few.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
What Myths? That a 1.2 or 1.4 ohm coil will be just fine at 30 watts? That's 6 and 6.5+ volts respectively. So you are saying those coils give a good vape at that high a voltage and or wattage?

Not for me. Actually I never even try it. I like the back of my throat.

Good day to you.

1.4 Ohm, 30 gauge twisted wire....

IMG_1120.jpg

Fire that at anything less than 12 watts and it will never even turn red. Even at 15 watts you have more than a second wait before it starts producing vapor. That build NEEDS at least 20 watts just to make it work properly.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Yes, the SX350 already has the 35W software up-date and a 40W up-grade will be available by the end of the month. AtoZ Vapor World claims that in the UK the SX350 has been tested at 50W, but YiHi Ecigar is unsure when and if this up-grade will be available. The newest SX350s now have reverse polarity protection, unlike it's predecessor and both can be adapted to use up/dwn buttons versus the "gravity" sensor (little soldering).

Has the update come out and has anyone hooked into the buttons for the sx350? I understand it is or will be possible to make it function off buttons as apposed to the gravity tilting approach. I'm a noob but as far as I can tell the sx350 seems better than the DNA from my research, yet there are tons of DNA30 choices out there and very limited SX350 choices. For one it can step down the wattage which the DNA cannot do (not that it is the trend right now, but a feature some are interested in none the less). Seems like there are only 2 or 3 sx350 choices out there right now if your not building your own.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Maybe for you and some people you know it isn't a Niche Fad. But given the million of people that have used vaping to get off cigarettes it is.
And where do you get the figures that everyone goes for Mech Mod's after they graduate from an eGo?
Is that why almost every month a new regulated APV, and or a new chip for Reg APV's, comes out? Because everyone is buying Mechanical Mod's, dripping and building sub 1 ohm dual, quad coils?
I don't drip, have no desire to drip and have no desire for more flavor than what I am getting from 99% of the tanks and or cartos I am using.
So what if drippers are commonly built below 1 ohm. Again that is if you are into cloud chasing.

Please show some statistics on the number of people that vape and those that drip and use Mech Mod's.

I bet when I go to the Atlanta vape show in August that 90% of the people there are just regular vapers with regular gear.

I think you are the one handing out the Misinformation.

I also bet that 75+% of people that vape to get off cigarettes have never even been to this forum or even know it exists.

I typed this while I had a Halo G6 in my mouth loaded with Tribeca.

A. Your missing out. No offense.

B. You might want to watch some of Pbusardo's videos. He goes to ALOT of vape meets. It appears that regulated APV's are more common on the East Coast. On the West Coast, it appears to be more of a mechanical and dripper crowd.

C. Your right. On the whole, us subohmers are a minority. Where I live, just about everybody uses an Ego style battery. That's whats readily available, and cheap. When I go into the vapor shops, even the more advanced ones, the ego's are still very prevalent.

D. There is a reason why new members are so intrigued about mechanicals. They crank out a lot of power, and sometimes, that's what we need to stay off analogs. I have my Reo running at the equivalent of 40 watts or so and its the only thing that does the trick for me.

E. Relax dude! We're here to educate people, not attack each other (same goes for everyone else on this thread). If this continues, I guarantee you Classwife is going to swoop in and start kicking some butts.

Play nice everybody

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Your experience is probably with higher gauge wires and you can't imagine some one vaping at higher wattages with higher ohm coils. Ohms and watts can only be used to compare builds made with the same gauge of wire otherwise they are completely useless. You can't compare a 32g 1.4ohm build to a 28 gauge 1.4 ohm build. The former can be vaped at 10 watts and it will be a pretty warm vape. At 10 watts the 28g coil will hardly produce any vapor....you would need to vape it way above 20 watts to really start producing good vapor and it won't come close to burning the juice or your throat. People subohm with mechanicals because they have too in order to supply their lower gauge wires with enough watts to get them to heat up fast enough. For example a 1.8ohm 28g coil would take a long while to heat up on a mechinical device but with a regulated device you can up the wattage on the device so the coils heat up to your liking. However you would need about 30 watts....you don't have enough wattage/power to vape a 28g 1.8ohm coil on a Provari. Now if you prefer using 26g dual coils you would need at least 50 watts and again the vape wouldn't even come close to burning the juice or your throat.

Well said. I have dual 6 wrap 26 gauge coils running at .4 ohms. Comes out around 40 watts on my Reo once you factor voltage drop.

Another thing we aren't informing each other about with respect to coils is the idea of "watts per coil"

A .4 ohm single coil on my device has all 40 watts being cranked to that one coil.

A .4 ohm dual coil on my device has 20 watts per coil. 40 watts total, but two coils, so the temperature is decreased from each coil.

Same theory goes for quad coils. This is where it gets tricky. For my, a .4 ohm quad coil would be 10 watts per coil. Now right there, that's not going to be a very impressive vape. I'm not a quad coiler, but the theory stands. I would have to dip down to .2 ohms to have a reasonable amount of watts per coil.

This right here is the reason that we sub-ohmers don't experience painful hot burnt scratchy hits. Well for me anyway. I have two coils, twice the heating area as a single coil, and twice the wicking material as a single coil. I use good cotton that moves the juice fast.

AND I LOOOOOVE IT

That is all

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and disruptive
Status
Not open for further replies.