The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DNA30 continually re-booting

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by Quigsworth, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Quigsworth

Quigsworth Just some guy... ECF Veteran Verified Member

Anyone had a issue with their DNA30 going into a fire/re-boot/fire/re-boot/...during firing? I'm wondering if it's a thermal shut-down as it only seems to happen at around the 3-4 second mark at the 25W level...sorry if this has been asked/answered before...

2. retird

retird Vaping Master ECF Veteran Verified Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    May be an indication of low battery, bad battery, or loose connection/bad contact of battery....

From spec sheet:

Device resets: If the battery is not able to power the device at the desired setting, or the battery is excessively discharged, the device may go immediately into a low voltage shutdown. If firing the device causes the screen to blank out and then display the welcome screen, you should charge, replace or upgrade your battery. This is especially common at power settings above 20 watts.

3. Quigsworth

:facepalm:...if all else fails read the destructions...thanks Retird...I had to make my own pos. batt connector and I forgot to true up the surface and give it a polish (I could see the arcing at 23W and up)...all fixed.

4. goblindojo

goblindojo Full Member Verified Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Sweden
    I had the exact same issue with my FT clone chip when I initially tested it using a battery connected with thin alligator clip cables. Worked fine once everything was soldered up with a battery sled (and some fuses inline).

5. classwife

classwife Admin Admin ECF Veteran Verified Member

Supporting member
    Quigsworth ?

Is this something that you built or do I need to move this to Variable Voltage APV Discussion ?

6. Quigsworth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.