The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do I LOOK like I have three heads???

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by lorraineg57, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lorraineg57

lorraineg57 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA
    That's how the guy at RadioShack looked at me when I requested a 3.7v 600mah AAA rechargeable battery that a couple of the modders here recommended.

Are these not available in the US?

I know they can be ordered online but I'd like to find one locally. Also, if I do manage to find them can they be recharged in a regular Nimh charger?

Is there any reason I can't use Nimh's? I've already got chargers and lots of batteries for those.

I'm trying to get parts together to do something similar to a NicoStick...I did get all the other parts listed.

2. Tone

Tone Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2009
    LI NY
    The battery you are looking for I have not seen in any stores or retailers in the US.
    you can buy online.
    batteryjunction.com
    dealextreme.com
    lithium batteries can be dangerous if not handled correctly.
    Welcome to Battery University

3. planetofthevapes

planetofthevapes Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2009
    Pandhandle of Nebraska
    It happened to me too lorraine :( I asked about it at radio shack and they were like...well...we have that battery, but it's not rechargeable and it costs $20...but it will last for 10-20 years. They are meant for computers they told me. I told radioshack I didn't want it for computers, I want one for an electronic. I confused them greatly. Like you can't use batteries for whatever you want! LOL. I haven'tordered any yet, but I really do need to!

4. lorraineg57

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA
    I kept trying to find a pic on my phone internet to show him but I gave up. :rolleyes:

Any idea if Nimh's will work? It'd probably be a better idea for me anyhow as I've already got a ton of them and the chargers to match. I'll be happy if I get similar time vaping from it, I'd just rather be using batteries I already have rather than keep re-ordering 901 batteries which I'm going to have to do here in the next day or two if I don't figure something out.

5. Tone

Feb 17, 2009
    LI NY
    Nimh's will work, they might not last as long.

6. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    Baja Alabama
    If you use three in series you will have the 3.6v needed to run an atomizer.

7. lorraineg57

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA
    Does it matter if they're AAA or AA?

8. Boston George

Boston George Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    It really shows you how far the US has fallen.

We used to have serious hobbyists and now we just watch American Idol.

Hell the first personal computers were built out of parts from radio shack, now all you can buy from them is prefab garbage

9. MoonMan

MoonMan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    So very true. Their parts aisles have shrunk to nothing, while the cellphones take up most of the store. Depressing.

10. usamare

usamare Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Wadsworth
    3 of the 1.2 volt Nimhs will work, though they're nothing to write home about...4 Nimhs make vapor like crazy, but you can't go over 5-6 seconds of power-on or it will taste like a standard e-cig after cleaning mode.
    ...I recommend 4:)

11. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    Baja Alabama
    No. All the AA and AAA Nimh batteries I have are either 1.2 or 1.25v each. You will simply get more mileage out of higher mAh (AA) batteries.

12. wyzardd

wyzardd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2009
    Broomfield, CO
    And the very name of the store is ironic (or something) "Radio Shack" is the room with your ham radio equipment, just try to buy something ham related. I went in once looking for antennae and the idjit tried to sell me a cell phone! "You don't need amateur radio if you have the Verizon network" :|

13. lorraineg57

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA
    I'm actually pretty content with the vapor I get with a fresh 901 battery so if 3 will give me that, I'll be happy. :)

14. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA
  15. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA
    I forgot to answer the original question. Yes, to the "gentlemen" at RS you do look like you have 3 heads;). Since when does a female walk into a store chock full of consumer-ready electronics and ask for the DIY parts bin:shock:? Aren't ALL lithium batteries dedicated to just one device and one use? Who plays with this stuff anymore:rolleyes:? You gotta understand, he was all set to sell you a $300 cell phone with lots of features you have no intention of using - and you go and ask for a battery and electronics expertise? For him, it was like meeting someone from the 1870s who is stranded in our time without knowledge of the disposable society:confused:. You flipped his world upside down. You must be some kind of mutant.:D

16. lorraineg57

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA
    Lol...they wouldn't know my husband if he walked into a home improvement store. He does asphalt/concrete for a living but outside of that he is NOT a do it yourselfer and has no desire to be one.

Me on the other hand....They know me by sight and "Hey, what are you working on now?"....

17. dumwaldo

dumwaldo Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    The battery specs you quote do not exist anywhere. If you do find one labeled at 600mAh it is a lie and it is actually a 360mAh battery. If you read around the battery mod forum a bit you will find this is true.

What you are looking for is an ICR10440 battery and even if you were to bring that number and a sample battery into radio shack they will still look at you like you have three heads. At least that is what they did to me even when I pulled the actual battery out of my pocket and showed it to them.

Oh sure you have... I am almost POSITIVE you have seen an In Life kiosk in the mall. They sell 3.6V/360mAh replacement batteries for the e-cigars. The model number is ICR10430, not ICR10440 and they charge $10 for one battery.

DW

18. usamare

usamare Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Wadsworth
    Well, of course you must follow your own design, but the vapor and capacity of 4xAA's, while certainly a handful, delivers pretty huge in vapor and run-time:)

19. Tone

Feb 17, 2009
    LI NY
    You would be wrong, I wouldnt be caught dead shopping in any mall but I dont doubt they charge you up the ... for them.
    I bought and e-cigar you get 2 batts and a charger with it and I make the batts do double duty and use them in my mod and cigar.

20. lorraineg57

Mar 24, 2009
    Outside Pgh, PA

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.