Do I need to let my diluted nicotine sit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancing

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
Fairly New to DIY and vaping in general but I've bought two different types of nicotine both different strengths.

First one I bought about two weeks or so ago was 1Liter 6MG 100% VG solution Which I dilute down to 2mg Smooth, very smooth
Used the diluted solution off the bat to make some eliquid. Solution alone is smooth, not too much of a throat hit no coughing consistent chain vaping ensued.

A few days ago I found a different wholesaler in my area that was a bit more expensive but has a cleaner lab environment compared to the other, which was basically a hole in the wall grocery wholesale shop with the Liquid in the same area as everything else. Literally had Eliquid sitting on top of boxed, palletized Anti-freeze ziplocked and in secure containers of course but irony none-the-less. Anyway I bought a 12mg 100% vg solution from these guys and it was in a 1 liter brown container that was sealed, come to think of it The 6mg I bought from the other place wasn't sealed. I Diluted the 12mg solution to 2mg, the drag itself is fine a bit harsher than the 6mg but its the exhale that really kills me, thought it was the flavors I was using at first so I used the solution on its own and it was still rough.

So my question is this, Do I need to let the diluted 12mg nic solution sit after a vigorous shake, blend it in a blender or did I receive a bad batch of solution?
I can't take more than a few drags off my dripper without ending in a coughing fit, seems like I'm getting a-lot more nicotine as my face gets a bit flush and it gets a bit hot.

pancing

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
so the 6mg nicotine is old and degraded, does that mean that it has a lower amount of nicotine in it as to the 12mg which was sealed and in a brown container?
So the 12mg has the actual 2mg in it where the 6mg that wasn't sealed and in a non-opaque container degraded to a much lower concentrate, which is why I was able to chain vape it.

Am I seeing this correctly, so the massive throat hit from the diluted 2mg from the 12m concentrate is normal right?
I also just tried the 6mg straight on my wick, I get a fairly good nicotine high from it but its much, much smoother.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Not all VG is created equally. Ideally you want only USP grade VG, and nicotine made in the USA.

Often when you find "bargins" on this sort of stuff, it is from India or China, and not USP grade at all.

I would really suggest you order from one of the well known vendors suggest in the DIY part of the forums, because those places have good turnover (ensuring fresher product), and also use USA made product.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I agree. You'd be better of from purchasing from known vendors who sell USP grade nic in a USP base, otherwise you never know the quality, contaminants, actual nic strength or how it was stored. You can also test the nic yourself with a home kit to be positive and safe.

That aside, no you don't need to let your nic sit, you can use it right away

Heres a few good nic suppliers: NudeNicotine, BullCityVapor (they sell VaporsTek nic), VaporsTek.org, WizardLabs, RTSVapes, MyFreedomSmokes, NicSelect, NicVape, EcigExpress, MyVapingZone,

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
...Am I seeing this correctly, so the massive throat hit from the diluted 2mg from the 12m concentrate is normal right?

Nope. 2 mg should only be as harsh as the flavors or the PG/VG by itself is.

Why not buy from a reputable source? You can get a liter of 100 mg from RTSVapes for $50 and if you are making 2mg liquid you will end up with 50 liters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread