The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Information' started by highping, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sorry I forgot to spell check my last post. I'm glad I found this thread and while I was somewhat "wordy" I felt a little back story was necessary so somebody would know how far they will go with a highly inferior product. I have since tried 3 others before stumbling onto ecf. :blink::confused:

2. puddlejumper1

puddlejumper1 Full Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Rio Rancho, NM- USA
    I wish I would have read this a few months ago. So true, but I did get out of it when I threatened to call my credit card company and block any future charges by the unsaid company.

3. Coastie3202

Coastie3202 Full Member

Great information for a new PV user. Thanks.

4. MrMayhem

MrMayhem Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2012
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks for the heads up. Good info.

5. Poppabear

Poppabear New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Portland, Or.
    Great info, when I had first started vaping, those specific commercials had me hooked. When I called to order I asked questions regarding billing and returns and found they were pretty reluctant to answer those questions. Keep fighting the good fight!

6. Mooki

Mooki Senior Member ECF Veteran

when i was new to vaping i did not know any better and ordered one of these i found online. they charged my card later for $600 and i had to fight with my card company to get the money back. i now know better, i wish i had seen this thread before

7. subversive

subversive Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    United States
    My brother, after being armed with all the information I gave him, still ordered a free trial. It hasn't arrived yet. I told him to send it back ASAP and watch his credit card statements, but for whatever reason, he doesn't want to listen. He'll find out on his own, I guess. Apparently changing from a 2+ pack per day smoker to vaping and doing so for over a year now doesn't make me any sort of authority on the subject ..... ARGH. Just frustrated and had to vent.

8. RockDrummer

RockDrummer Full Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Houston, TX.
    Doesn't take the scammers long to pick up on a new product, does it?

9. Tebo

Tebo Senior Member ECF Veteran

thanks for heads up

10. Fuzzy-5150

Fuzzy-5150 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Virginia Beach Va
    Glad to know. I darn near just signed up for one...

11. Gribble

Gribble Full Member

May 2, 2012
    Western PA
    edit: pbsted in the wrong thread, sorry

12. dwsizme

dwsizme Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Michigan
    I'm very grateful I found this place. New at all this - been lurking for a couple weeks, just registered - 1st post.
    Love all the information here.
    Thanks to everyone. :)

13. tnash

tnash Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2012
    US
    I agree. If it seems too good to be true......
    Once I clicked on a link concerning these freebies and my computer immediately started acting strange, and
    I shut it down. All turned out ok, but it was a close one. Never again.
    Oh, and hi everybody, glad to be here!

14. sregnov

sregnov Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    i have to agree, too. no free trials. better buy them ego starter kits with the ce4 tanks. i'm lucky to have started with an ego and a dc tank with some really nice alien visions juice that my cousin gave me. otherwise, i would've gotten back to smoking analogs, i bet. LOL

15. asin_punk

asin_punk Guest

Nov 16, 2011
    Philippines
  16. USAPatriot

USAPatriot Full Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Phoenix,AZ
    I have seen these free trials. They will send you product, and in 15 days or 20 days or so they will charge you a lot of bucks and send you more product. Everyone beware nothing is FREE. Read the fine print/terms. I am lucky because I saw a few great deals, but I read the terms and that stopped me in my tracks!

17. yardbyrd
    This message by yardbyrd has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 17, 2012, Reason: Off Topic.
    Sep 1, 2012
  18. vtpcwizard

vtpcwizard Full Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Colchester, Vermont
    Good info! Wished I'd known this when I was first looking. 1st Post. Thanks :)

19. stevendrake01

stevendrake01 Full Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Kentucky
    Yeah, I just about got zapped by a 115 dollar charge for a "free" trial. My wife would have removed my head... lol

20. stevendrake01

stevendrake01 Full Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Kentucky
  21. mrtomaso

mrtomaso Full Member Verified Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Buffalo
    Glad I saw this thread, I'm sure that a lot of people have fallen for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.