Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
i am FURIOUS! just got my account dropped $120 or a free trial i ordered about last month. i called today and told them to cancel my membership that i had no knowabouts for watsoever, mainly because i wa dumb enough to believe it was actually free, and should have read the fine print. oh well. you learn from ur mistakes i guess.

JoeM86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Good info. I almost fell prey to it. I started doing heavy research about a week ago and found a site offering a free starter kit to US Military, which I am. Right away I thought hey this company must be great, glad I took the time to read the fine print. Got my first kit on the way now, after doing alot of reading especially on ECF, I cant wait, Im confident with my choice.

DigiBetti

Apr 28, 2012
Canada
I have never once come across one of these offers even after weeks of research online. Maybe the scammers haven't put much focus on the Canadian market due to the legislation regarding nicotine in PV's. Or maybe I auto-clicked away due to instinctual habit of avoiding anything that says "free trial." Anyway, my best friend is always buying stuff from those TV infomercials, and she's recently expressed an interest in vaping so I think I'll send her to this site A.S.A.P. Definitely good info to have for newcomers. Thanks.

I very nearly fell prey to one of these companies. Went so far as to enter my address/name/phone/etc in a field, click next, and then it asked for a credit card. This made me a bit suspicious (Free things shouldn't need my credit card for any reason), so I reread the terms I was agreeing to. That's when I caught that I was going to be hooked into a plan to pay $80 every month for 5 cartridges. I hadn't started with ecigs yet at the time, but I knew enough to know that was ridiculous.

Despite the fact that I didn't purchase anything, and in fact left the page right then, they then called the phone number I'd entered. Not once, but three times. I was very concerned that I would have to get it changed, but they finally gave up.

Most of these companies actually are a free trial offer for so many days and then your credit card gets charged for the full price of the kit and then you find out you are automatically be billed every month for a shipment of cartomizers as well. All for an ecig that does not work very well in the first place. There are quite a few electronic cigarettes that work great just have to do a lot of research to make the decision of which model is best suited for you.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
This is my very first post on ECF

I wish I had stumbled onto this thread a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a trial starter kit for the price of shipping. ($5.95). My Bad, but I am so use to ordering from Amazon and such that many times I do not immediately read “order conformation” or “your order has been shipped” emails.

I was informed in the “your order has been shipped” email that by purchasing the starter kit, I was also enrolling in their membership program. In 15 days and every 30 days after, they would send me one pack of 10 prefilled tips (the claimed equivalent of 20 packs of standard cigarettes) and bill my card $80.00. There was also the guarantee that I could cancel my membership at anytime with a phone call.

I had never seen a PV until about 3weeks ago, so I decided to see what all the talk was all about and then cancel if I did not like it. I called them up yesterday (again before I read this forum) and canceled my membership. The customer service rep assured me she canceled my membership, told me I did not need to return the device, and offered me a onetime purchase of 10 cartridges for 19.95. These are the same one’s they were going to send me for $80.00?

I asked her twice if I would be billed for any amount other than the 10 cartridges. She said no, I would have to call them if I wanted to order more. I accepted her onetime offer. So………… did I just dig myself into a deeper hole?? I just wanted something to get me by until I decide on what to get.

PS  I am still really struggling with the new terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread