The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Information' started by highping, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Barto

Barto Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2011
    Kapetown
    My mom just called me regarding this. Fell for one :(

2. I went to Vapestock 2012 in Florida, there were all the free samples you can handle. Most were good and of coarse just how the real free samples work they were FREE and a couple I must have so they are getting my money willingly.

3. puro

puro Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    I learned my lesson with free trials of Resveratrol. It made an incredible mess, and I ended up having to get a new card and it took months to sort out the mess. Nothing is free!

Yay--I made my first post!

4. Salt&PePPer
    This message by Salt&PePPer has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 30, 2012, Reason: No names in here please.
    Jul 8, 2012
  5. joyfulrivera

joyfulrivera Full Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Hot Springs
    yeah, "free trial" is a huge warning saying..."make sure to google my rep" lol

ok, so one more and I can leave the kiddy corner? haha ;)

6. stv4SC

stv4SC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2012
    Pasadena CA
    Pretty much common sense. Buyer beware. So far for me this forum has been educational and insightful.

7. Tactless
    This message by Tactless has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 30, 2012, Reason: No names in here please.
    Jul 12, 2012
  8. PsySeX

PsySeX Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Israel
    I know alot of people that have been drawn into this.

9. oldvapr67

oldvapr67 Full Member Verified Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Tennessee
    good info! glad I read this before trying free trials!

10. thejuz

thejuz Full Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Canberra, Australia
    Thnx for the heads up, It's info like this that gets me reading forums, and since living in Australia, they don't sell anything with nicotine, but I am ordering from a USA sight and am very happily vaping ;) !

11. somkiat.y

somkiat.y Full Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thailand
  12. blade1123

blade1123 Full Member Verified Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Glendale, Arizona. USA
    their is actually one of those companies that completely messed up my friends bank account. she had use my PV and for some reason instead of going to any of the sites that i had mentioned "ECF" cough cough, she just did a google search for local "big retailer" she had it for 2 days before i was able to convince her to send it back and take one of my silver bullets. about 2 weeks later they pulled a good $300+ from her account and we are still fighting with them over it.

13. justangie

justangie Full Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Fresno
  14. Oniko

Oniko Moved On

Jul 27, 2012
    Okanagan
    Thanks for the info. I never fall for the 'free' things... if it seems too good to be true, it probably is :)

15. fieldh0
    This message by fieldh0 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 30, 2012, Reason: No names in here please.
    Jul 30, 2012
  16. Mikots

Mikots Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Finland
    good info, thanks!

17. BrianCig

BrianCig Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    Canada
    Never found one of the free offers but wouldn't have taken it even if I did. I did buy a starter set the day I found out about e-cigs but that was after spending four hours watching youtube videos and searching/finding this forum (and reading). Then I pulled the trigger and put in an order for a starter set.

18. simiot

simiot Full Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Australia
    e-cigs & juice is so cheap that its not worth the risk of a free offer imo.

19. lotusia

lotusia Full Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Montreal
    Good to know! Thanks!

20. Homeplace

Homeplace Full Member

Aug 9, 2012
    California
    I've never seen these offers (thank God). Sounds like all the "free" offerings....they give you something of perceived value, then have high automatic charges on accessories, etc. to more than make up for the freebie.

21. newuser01

newuser01 Full Member

Aug 15, 2012
    USA
    Totally agree - like this in many different areas, not just ecigs. free rarely free.

22. Al.boroto

Al.boroto Full Member Verified Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Singapore
  23. Last November while I was in the hospital following removal of my 11 month old knee replacement i got an unsolicated e-mail for literally e-cigs I had never heard of this and went all-in! Less week later the whole thing arrived despite the warning from my bank. It seemed perfect (of course I was on some serious drugs lol). After a second surgery I was wrapped up in and sent to a physical therapy rehab center. Then the drugs wore off and I relized that every time I took a drag my throat tightened up wheezing ensued. Since I was allowed to smoke what I now know as analogs, ecigs to the drawer. I was there untill Febuary, they sent more on a regular scedule and I didn't really care as I had other things to deal with mostly no knee joint. After the first shipment I called because i wanted to change to menthol. I have a new knee now, cancelled the company, and moved on to try many others. The cost for 2 boxes of carts 79.95. This company knew what I was going thru too. At 54 I should have known.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.