Do we smell like smokers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
After vaping do we smell like we have been smoking? I have been vaping without lighting up since early 2009... A few days ago one of my colleagues leaned over and asked me if I had been smoking? He has never seen me vape, so it made me wonder if we still smell like smokers?

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar accusation? My ex always assured me that she could not smell anything.... Hmmm

I've been told my home office has a slight lingering smell of mint, and that I smell slightly minty sometimes. However, my cologne has a mint note to it, so that's probably the latter (I tend to like earthy scents).

Regardless, I've been advised that the smoke smell is completely gone from my clothes and the house.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Sometimes people smoking around you can make it stick on you, I didn't have a school buddy say my breath smells like peach! Cause I was vaping peach green tea:p
Oh... Interesting...so to STILLSMOK I will ask:
What flavor were you vaping? Could it have been a tobacco flavor?

Maybe I'll start using a peach flavor in the future. Hmmmm...

AngelsRUs

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
Montana
No, we do not smell like smokers. A man at church stopped after passing by and stood with us for a moment before exclaiming "Did you quit smoking?" I asked him why and he said, "Cause, I can't smell it anymore. I could smell it this far away before." He was like 3 feet from me. I had been vaping for 5 months, however I had had one cigarette that day an hour earlier. He was one of those very anti-smoking types. I have had similar occurances, so I think I can safely state that vaping does not make one stink like cigarettes do.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Why would we smell like smoke when we aren't lighting anything on fire? I usually vape Fiddle Faddle or butterscotch and I hardly ever have anyone say anything about smelling a lingering smell in my office. A couple times people have walked in right after a heavy vaping session and said they smelled maple syrup or vanilla, but no one has ever said they smell anything on my person or in my hair. I wear vanilla perfume anyway so the sweet scents from vaping compliment it nicely. When I say, "Maple syrup? Really? That's odd," they said, "Never mind. I don't smell it anymore," so it must dissipate quickly. My in-laws are very, very rabid anti-smoking and they used to comment on my smoking often when I did it, but not one has said a word about it since I started vaping (they don't know I vape but I'm sure if it left a smoke odor on me, they would go ballistic). I used to use breath mints and perfume and hand lotions and hair perfume, etc to disguise the smoke smell and I don't do any of that anymore, yet no one has ever said they smell smoke on me, even after I've vaped constantly with the windows up on a long, solitary drive in the car.

I would imagine that if you vape tobacco flavors heavily all day, you could have a slight tobacco scent stick to you, but it would probably be very slight and tobacco, not smoke. I think your friend was smelling himself, not you.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Seems strange that after 4 years this is the first comment like this... I switched to a different flavor the night before, ECSI Cinnamix, which I really don't even care for... Perhaps it is just a stinky analog smelling vape? LOL

No worries...your collegue was imagining things.
When I smoked, not only could I not smell it on myself, I couldn't smell it on others who smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread