The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do we smell like smokers...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by STILLSMOK9, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

After vaping do we smell like we have been smoking? I have been vaping without lighting up since early 2009... A few days ago one of my colleagues leaned over and asked me if I had been smoking? He has never seen me vape, so it made me wonder if we still smell like smokers?

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar accusation? My ex always assured me that she could not smell anything.... Hmmm

2. Bullette the Cowdog

Bullette the Cowdog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Had you been downwind of a smoker & it got on your clothes perhaps??

Nope. We don't stink anymore.

3. STILLSMOK9

That is possible, but this guy was a smoker so I highly doubt he smelled that considering he just finished a cig a few minutes before his questioning me... He smelled it on my breath he said....

4. rbrtito

rbrtito Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern CA
    Sometimes people smoking around you can make it stick on you, I didn't have a school buddy say my breath smells like peach! Cause I was vaping peach green tea:p

5. shatner

shatner Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    Your clothes can pick up a very slight hint of what you've been vaping. But no one is going to smell it unless it's your SO/mistress leaning in close.

6. MorpheusPA

MorpheusPA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I've been told my home office has a slight lingering smell of mint, and that I smell slightly minty sometimes. However, my cologne has a mint note to it, so that's probably the latter (I tend to like earthy scents).

Regardless, I've been advised that the smoke smell is completely gone from my clothes and the house.

7. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Sounds to me like he caught of slight whiff of his own stink.

8. Bullette the Cowdog

Bullette the Cowdog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Oh... Interesting...so to STILLSMOK I will ask:
    What flavor were you vaping? Could it have been a tobacco flavor?

Maybe I'll start using a peach flavor in the future. Hmmmm...

9. AngelsRUs

AngelsRUs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Montana
    No, we do not smell like smokers. A man at church stopped after passing by and stood with us for a moment before exclaiming "Did you quit smoking?" I asked him why and he said, "Cause, I can't smell it anymore. I could smell it this far away before." He was like 3 feet from me. I had been vaping for 5 months, however I had had one cigarette that day an hour earlier. He was one of those very anti-smoking types. I have had similar occurances, so I think I can safely state that vaping does not make one stink like cigarettes do.

10. STILLSMOK9

Seems strange that after 4 years this is the first comment like this... I switched to a different flavor the night before, ECSI Cinnamix, which I really don't even care for... Perhaps it is just a stinky analog smelling vape? LOL

11. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    Depends. My wife vapes only heavy tobacco juices and I can smell those...but just occasionally, not all the time. So IMHO, you may be scented to some degree by whatever flavor you are vaping. But I doubt that it lingers very long.

12. JudeD

JudeD Super Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2012
    PA
    Why would we smell like smoke when we aren't lighting anything on fire? I usually vape Fiddle Faddle or butterscotch and I hardly ever have anyone say anything about smelling a lingering smell in my office. A couple times people have walked in right after a heavy vaping session and said they smelled maple syrup or vanilla, but no one has ever said they smell anything on my person or in my hair. I wear vanilla perfume anyway so the sweet scents from vaping compliment it nicely. When I say, "Maple syrup? Really? That's odd," they said, "Never mind. I don't smell it anymore," so it must dissipate quickly. My in-laws are very, very rabid anti-smoking and they used to comment on my smoking often when I did it, but not one has said a word about it since I started vaping (they don't know I vape but I'm sure if it left a smoke odor on me, they would go ballistic). I used to use breath mints and perfume and hand lotions and hair perfume, etc to disguise the smoke smell and I don't do any of that anymore, yet no one has ever said they smell smoke on me, even after I've vaped constantly with the windows up on a long, solitary drive in the car.

I would imagine that if you vape tobacco flavors heavily all day, you could have a slight tobacco scent stick to you, but it would probably be very slight and tobacco, not smoke. I think your friend was smelling himself, not you.

13. MacSabbath

MacSabbath Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Scotland
    Are you using high nicotine tobacco flavored e-juice perhaps? Strange a smoker could smell it on your breath.

14. STILLSMOK9

18 mg ECSI Cinnamix.... Not sure what's in the mix?

15. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's crazy, probably transfer from someone else like others said.

Hey are you wearing an Auburn shirt in your profile pic? It's hard to tell on my phone. War eagle!

16. RosaJ

RosaJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    Tell him/her they're smelling their own cloud of cigarette smoke, not yours.

17. d9mel

d9mel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Spa City
    Probably smelled his own hands, I vape >5ml a day and have never had anyone pick up on it

18. volume control

volume control Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    Like smokers, absolutely not lol. We may smell a tad if we are using some strong flavored liquids, but ive never been able to smell it on my clothes etc

19. tA71ana

tA71ana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No worries...your collegue was imagining things.
    When I smoked, not only could I not smell it on myself, I couldn't smell it on others who smoked.

20. eyebedam

eyebedam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2011
    Mt. Juliet TN
    You've been vaping since 2009 & really wonder if you still smell like smoke? Seriously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.