Analog smokers saying Vapor smells nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I can smell some leftover vape smell when I come back to a room after chain vaping. It definitely smells like the flavor. Mostly MadVapes nutty caramel. Sometimes it's a potent wintergreen smell, or my other favorite, Dekang Watermelon. It never smells any different than what I taste when I vape. I havent been vaping around smokers all that much, but noone's complained yet. Even when I went to NJ to visit my mom, she loved the smell and let me vape IN THE HOUSE, and she's about as anti-smoke as anyone (and wants me to quit vaping too, but you can't win em all).

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I have my sense of taste and smell back and can definitely vouch for your analog friends complaints regarding the smell of HoneyBeez. It actually vapes OK, but it definitely has a very foul and funky odor. I still cringe at the memory of it --I honestly thought the cat had left a dead mouse hidden someplace I couldn't find and that was what I was smelling. That is until my son pointed at my PV screaming, "that's it! that's it! That's where that stink is coming from!"

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I was visiting my daughter, not vaping, but had shortly before. I was cutting my grand daughters hair and my daughter was holding the little one still. When she got close to me she said "Ummmm, I smell something good, like caramel or vanilla candy". I had been vaping my own mix, caramel, pecan with some cotton candy to sweeten. It was funny, she kept standing there sniffing!

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
There are certain flavors/scents that linger. Most leave no scent.

Oh, I disagree. In my experience so far ( a couple dozen flavors), the ALL leave a scent. I can even smell unflavored juice scent if I've vaped it in a closed room, then go away and come back into it. Many scents are subtle (particularly the unflavored), true, but easily detectable.

AnaCat

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Chicago, IL
Ms. T's bacon french toast smells like the strongest and weirdest bacon I've ever smelled, and the odor stayed in our house for 2 days (my mom and I had only dripped maybe 2 drops each just to try it, because it just came in the mail). I *LOVE* bacon and I could probably eat at least 3 pounds of it by myself in one quick sitting anytime, but this even made me feel ill. I'm not giving up on the flavor. When it's properly steeped, I will vape away, but I will make sure the house is well ventilated or possibly vape it outside. This is certainly not a flavor for stealth vaping! Yummy, but smelly.

I get very nauseated when my mom vapes raspberry. I don't like raspberries, and I can't stand the smell. It really makes me sick. Different people have different dislikes. When I was in college, we had some Korean students on our floor, and they were nauseated by the smell of buttered popcorn. It was really offensive to them. We Americans weren't so thrilled with the smell of Kimchi. It can be cultural, or it's just personal preference sometimes. I think that's one argument that can't be ignored in the "you shouldn't just vape without asking first" camp. We don't have the right to force others to smell our vapor. What smells amazing and/or delicious to us might be absolutely offensive to others.

Last edited:

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I agree that all leave a scent, but most are non detectable to smokers. The big exception in my experience has been most of the DK flavors. If they're really fruity/sweet they smell like air freshener, but the tobaccos..... I smell a distinct urine smell, as others (vapers, non vapers, and smokers alike) and the only way around it (because some I do enjoy) have to be diluted to the max with VG to get the "eaux de toilette" out of it.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Few people have commented on the smell of my vape. But, without exception their comments have been positive. A common comment is that it smells like cotton candy to them. But, the one I work closest with daily disagrees with them. She says she can tell the different flavors day by day. Not to the point of identifying the flavors, but that they smell different from one another. She has no complaints ... and, she is a cigarette smoker.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Me and a couple buddies at work use pv's and vape all day at work. {snip}

If by this you mean while working, can the other employees (analog smokers) do the same?

Never had any complaints from anyone yet. My kids can sometimes decipher the flavor that I'm vaping when they walk into my home office. Wifey one time asked me if I was having Vanilla vape ...... guess what, I was in fact vaping BwB Vanilla Bean.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most people tell me they don't smell much of anything. When I vape BWB Malty Toffee, they say it smells like cotton candy. My 5 year old nephew got into the car after I had been vaping BWB MT and wanted some of what we had been eating! He went nuts over how good it smelled.

There are some bad vape odors, but most of what I vape gets good reviews.

BuffaloX

Apr 1, 2011
Copenhagen
I've experienced far more problems than I expected.
My mother has some sort of perfume/smell allergy, and she reacts instantly if she is exposed to any flavored vape.
My brother complains that it sometimes smells terrible, depending on flavor and strength, even when he smoked 40 cigarettes a day!
My wife sneezes when I use liquorice, and sometimes remarks that my vape smells bad. (I'm a DIY guy, so it took a while to figure out, that it was the liquorice).

I have now ordered different flavors, and hope they will fare better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread