Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Well late to the party again. For the OP's question. Yes I get the urge. Unfortunately they haven't gone away from me. And yes I'm one of those, who if the urge is strong enough to cause undue stress, then I'll light it up and not worry.
I'm still proud to think of the ones I used to smoke as compared to the ones I do smoke now.
(3 + pad for 45 years, now under half a pack). For me;;;;;;;;; Well that's a big success. One day I'll make it. Just read the signature............

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I quit 1/14/11, with the first ecig. Nearly off cigs 3 years now.

Now I cant stand the smell of cigarettes& the thought of that smell - tasting that smell makes me nauseated.

I havent got the urge to smoke for over a year, until today, someone made me really angry, & cigs entered my mind for a second. Then I thought about how horrible it smells & I said to myself, I'll be damned, if I'm going to let this sh!thead ruin my life some more, to smoke a cigarette.

The urge, went away in a second.

Bravo :thumbs: :toast: :party: :rickroll: :banana:
Well Enough :D

vape On
:vapor:

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
Progress is progress right?

I'm going to share my story here and it will differ from a lot of people...

I smoked an average of 50 analogs a day. I'm finishing up week 11 vaping (tomorrow starts week 12). I had tried vaping earlier in the year and was able to stop cold turkey - unexpectedly. Then was coming back to Canada and thought I couldn't bring my "kit" and buy supplies here so I went back.

The first 2 weeks I cut back analogs gradually. I have blog posts here chronicling. Huge progress. But week 1 I was off work and week 2 I had a lighter week. (I am the CEO of a company - high stress etc.) So it made it easy and I think my lowest day was 4 analogs. Then back to work full on week 3 and had a HUGE personal crisis happen. Within a week I was back to 15-20 analogs a day alongside vaping.

From the first day vaping, I was able to get off asthma inhalers and even going back to that high analogs, I didn't need to use inhaler. Over 10 a day though I had noticed wheezing.

Anyway, from September 11th until a week ago, I had only 1 pack - a few days with none and 1-2 other days. The last 10 days or so have again been a struggle with stress.

PERSONALLY I think if someone's GOAL is to quit smoking, the best approach is to get it over with. Get rid of analogs and focus on vaping. I've wasted so much energy trying to figure out why it was easy for other people and not for me. I have a couple of threads here asking about this. If you're OKAY with the idea of smoking analogs at all - then by all means go the dual use way. I just know that having analogs around and LETTING myself have them meant I wasted way too much time thinking about it.

On November 1st, I'm going away for a week to an island resort. A couple days for business and rest on my own. Vaping is legal there. I got a non-smoking room. This will be PURE downtime for me. So I'm using the week I'm away and the weekend after I get back to get off them once and for all.

As an FYI - in spite of how much I have spent on vaping supplies and dual use - by mid December, I will have saved enough to pay for the entire trip. So I don't consider it an extreme measure or costly one.

I just have played too many mindgames with myself - the brain washing parts. Where even if I KNOW vaping is enough to satisfy the nicodemon in me, there's still part of me that knows giving myself permission to have analogs on hand or to have just one won't help ME break the cycle.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well late to the party again. For the OP's question. Yes I get the urge. Unfortunately they haven't gone away from me. And yes I'm one of those, who if the urge is strong enough to cause undue stress, then I'll light it up and not worry.
I'm still proud to think of the ones I used to smoke as compared to the ones I do smoke now.
(3 + pad for 45 years, now under half a pack). For me;;;;;;;;; Well that's a big success. One day I'll make it. Just read the signature............

Every One NOT lit is a GOOD thing. On the light up thing, Sugestion, Have a HIGH NIC, whatever, EVOD, CE4, Carto, etc., like 36mg, and when the urge hits, switch to the higher nic... Might stop the urge, worth a try? JMHO

Vape On

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Every One NOT lit is a GOOD thing. On the light up thing, Sugestion, Have a HIGH NIC, whatever, EVOD, CE4, Carto, etc., like 36mg, and when the urge hits, switch to the higher nic... Might stop the urge, worth a try? JMHO

Vape On

Believe me I've tried a lot of things. This includes using Swedish Snus,, and vaping WTA juice. At the same time and still craving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica PB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Chicago area
not sure about anyone else, but I told myself from the get go that i did not care if I quit smoking. i was simply ready to try it to see if it would help me reduce smoking at best. i stepped down from about 1 to 1.5 packs a day (depending on how much I drank. could be as much as 2.5 if drinking a lot or in certain settings) to about 4-6 a day within about a month or a bit less. after the initial successes (easily down to less than 10 a day in the first week, without even trying), I simply told myself I would vape for 5 minutes and if i still needed a cigarette i could have one after that. In the long run, what helped me kick the last few way a high level nic for those "lingering" times and a more normal level for other times. for me, that was 24 for the craving times and 16-18 for the rest of the day. Once I gave myself "permission' to up the intake as needed, I basically quit without even thinking any further about it. If one level doesnt help, fill a 2nd tank that you can switch to if you still crave after a few mins of vaping.

the other thing that helped was learning that most nic was absorbed in the mouth. i started taking a drag and holding in my mouth for 5ish secs, then inhaling (still needed to at that point) made a massive difference in how much I needed to vape. Hope this helps.

Hi there, what did you mean by "BG"? I read your post with interest. I'm actually using 24mg nicotine in my juice and have had NO problems whatsoever. In fact, the coloration in my leg is getting a lot better in just the 4 weeks I have been vaping. I had planned to cut my nicotine level.....eventually! but am interested in your remark about BG? Thanks!

I can't presume to answer for Agavehound, but my guess is that his "BG levels" reference is about blood glucose. He did mention that he is a diabetic.

thefallofray

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Mesa, AZ, USA
Welcome to the forum! Your struggle is an all too familiar one, my friend. I was only a pack a day smoker and I've been vaping a little over a month now. I cut back at first, then eventually, I just stopped wanting to smoke. They tasted horrible. But it was still just that habitual thing. FInally, two days ago, I lit one up and couldn't get more than 1/4 through it. I just couldn't stand it. So it'll happen. Even cutting back as much as you had is a HUGE step as many people have already stated. Just stick with it, it'll come eventually. One day you'll wake up, go to smoke, and put it out. But at this point, any cut back is a huge success. Congrats on deciding to make the switch, and you've got this. I've found this forum to be one of the most useful things in helping me quit.

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Hi there, what did you mean by "BG"? I read your post with interest. I'm actually using 24mg nicotine in my juice and have had NO problems whatsoever. In fact, the coloration in my leg is getting a lot better in just the 4 weeks I have been vaping. I had planned to cut my nicotine level.....eventually! but am interested in your remark about BG? Thanks!

bg is blood glucose levels. I'm not sure if they were talking about straight nicotine or smoking. I'll see if I can find it.

In the meantime, here is one link with some info about nicotine: http://......................./top-10-studies-on-nicotine-you-need-to-know-about/

Trail

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Holland
Believe me I've tried a lot of things. This includes using Swedish Snus,, and vaping WTA juice. At the same time and still craving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Red Oak Tennessee Cured.. it tastes like a real analog.. puts that analog flavor in your mouth too.. that's why I don't like it.. I like a sweeter vape... I got it in 24 mg and the troat hit is too much for me.. For myself I might dilute the flavor to 18 and add caramel and vanilla to try and make my own RY4 from it..

Try it straight up and I bet you don't long for that analog for a while.. worth a try ?

Edit; to 1/3 tennesee cured I've just added 1/3 added liqua cola 9mg (has little to no flavor imho).. but its still too strong.. added another 1/3th liqua berry mix 9mg to it.. its starting to get vapable for me..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread