Do you still use tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_sd

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Spring, TX
Squonking for the last couple of years... more capacity than a tank (or dripper, obviously) but the beauty of an RDA for flavor.

I fill my bottle in the morning after swapping for fresh batteries, and don't worry about it ALL DAY... 10ml on board and i've never had an issue with leaking, or spills.

The mods are a bit bigger (i prefer dual 18650, regulated) but i don't carry bottles or batteries. I stayed away from squonkers for fear of the unknown for quite a while, but will never go back. I build my coils, and make my juices, so with no glass to break, i feel like my setups are more durable, and if SHTF i'm self sufficient until about a thousand yards of wire run out, lol.

mav_sd

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Spring, TX
I use tanks exclusively since I haven't tried squonking and don't really plan to any time soon. I use both RTAs and drop in coil tanks. I did order a dripper and plan to use it to taste flavors. Hoping I don't love it too much, LOL, but I doubt it.

Anna

Anna,

If you find you like the output from your new RDA but like the capacity of your tanks, your logical next step is squonking... Don't be scared :) Come on over from the dark side, lol

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
Replaceable head tanks? No, I hate them. Leaking and going through coild constantly. Burned hits up the ying yang.

With an rda the vapor is so much thicker, flavorful and more satisfying. When I try a tank again it's like back when I smoked and would get a pack of lights by mistake. It's just thin and weak.

Now I vape 3 things, A Dead rabbit on a regulated squonk. An rdta (Azeroth) on a revenger and finally whatever dripper I'm playing around with on an old ipv2 . Stainless steel coild on all of them.

I use the squonk 75 percent of the time. Followed by the rdta.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Squonkers ? Meh, just a fad for 'professional vapers' and cool people.
Got my first squonker in 2013. Squonking right now. That's a pretty good run for a fad, huh? :cool:

I'm a trucker, and it's not particularly safe to drip and drive, so I run a mixture of tanks and squonkers in my daily routine.

Wooots

Mar 25, 2018
I only use tank, i dont see ( personaly ) the point of a dripper, i mean sure when i order somes product from a website and get somes juice sample i would be down to have a dripper.
otherwise, why would i.

I have the doggystyle 2k16, 22mm RTA for nice flavor, that's personaly all i need.
Never had any single leaking issue ( tho sometime vape can condense in the "air flow tube", so just remove the pin, clean and good to go )

Squonk seem nice, but if you need to take care to have your mod & dripper always vertical.. ew.. With my tank, vertical, horizontal, all upside down, vape in any position, dont need to care, its always fine. ^^

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well until about 2 weeks ago I was vaping using a zephyrus 2 Tank on a 3 battery mod.

Then I became intrigued with a new Pod device the Joyetech Penguin SE. I really like it, its made of cheap plastic and oh so light. You can't change the voltage.which is around 50 Watts, you can change the atomizers to control the vape. The .25Ohm and the .6Ohm atomizers were too hot for me so I bought the 1.2Ohm atomizer and I'm a happy camper.

The battery lasts 2-3 days, the tank holds a whopping 8ml and the form factor is small. And I will repeat it's feather light.

Most important, no leaking or spitting from the JVIC Atomizer.

Reactions: Rossum

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I use tanks exclusively since I haven't tried squonking and don't really plan to any time soon. I use both RTAs and drop in coil tanks. I did order a dripper and plan to use it to taste flavors. Hoping I don't love it too much, LOL, but I doubt it.

Anna

Good luck with that Anna - You are going to the RDA when you get it!!!! I cannot believe the flavor I am getting from this $10 one I built today! I don’t know if I can ever go back to a tank again! It’s like night and day and I’ve LOVED the Cascade tank. I already need more lol!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use tanks, the uwell crown and the asmodus Zesthia. I also use mods, currently the Smoant Cylon and the wismec p80. I use rayon and ss316l wire with my RTA and cotton and ss wire in the crown factory coils. I still use batteries too. 18650’s to be exact. Sony VTC6 & Samsung 30q’s in the cylon and lg hg2’s in the p80. I use juice also. But I’m not gonna get into it. Proprietary formula, top secret ..... I’ll take my recipes to the grave and the ejuice section of this forum and on occasion to ejuice recipe forum but let’s keep that between me and you

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Yep I have a kayfun 5 and a kayfun prime (both are clones) that I use %99 of the time, couldn't be happier. The reason why is I need something like that is like @DeloresRose said I need something that's plug and play. With my kayfuns I rewick when necessary and fill up when tc cuts the power. I get excellent throat hit, flavor and I swap batteries once a day with a single battery mod, with a dual battery mod it's around every three days. Another reason is I do construction so there's times where my mod (aegis with a steel tank) will get wet, muddy and just beat to death with a tank it's pretty unlikely that a tank will be nonfunctional compared to a dripper, drop a dripper in a puddle you'll have to re-wick. Drop a tank in a puddle give it a shake and it'll work until the shift is over.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
“Still”? Yes. I’m likely to keep doing so too. My experience with pod mods is they are anemic, inflexible, and very expensive in the long term. They are slightly less likely to leak, but only slightly. I’ve been planning to buy a regulated squonk mod for some time but am waiting for a two battery dna C series squonk mod to hit the market.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I left drop-in tanks early on. I just see that as someone getting more money out of me.

Squonk systems are in storage for when big government gets too close. I still have a mech and two drippers to go with the squonkers.

I run RTA sets as I find good ones. Currently using six Ares toppers so I have flavor choices to grab. I usually buy one for testing and, then, complete the set if worthwhile. I tried to run different RTAs at the same time, but working with the same wire/wick set-up is simpler.

I wish I could find more Squape Rs, they are similar in chamber style to the Ares, but I only have two. (Sigh)

Anyway, RTAs are best for my wants/needs.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey hi, its me again, currently vaping various juices...diff flavors, on my xcube ultra with mutation xs rda, recently bought 2 pen style mods from smok, v22 and the vape pen plus, wondering, do you guys still use tanks? I mean after purchasing these 2 mods my life is not the same, like always using tissue to fix leaks, cleaning glass for perfect flavor, etc etc etc...but the only benefit ive got is ...some sorta ease with the vape pen plus with the 0.3 coil from v22 (the 0.25 coil sucks! no vape and no taste/flavor, dont buy it)...producing good amount of vapor and flavor...do dripping, load and vape....but you know that cleaning stuff, so just wondering, do you guys still use tanks in 2018?

About 95% of the time I vape single coil rebuidable tanks. The rest of the time an rda on a mech mod. Lately the rda is actually a Mutation X V1 :). The dripper stays home.

I also drip into my tanks when I feel like it. A shot of juice with nic, or a different flavor can be a nice change of pace.

With the tanks and rdas I've used I find there is no performance advantage to rda's any more. That went away a couple of years ago.

PS: Also...i'm using double the amount of juice comparing to rda's...am i harming myself with chemicals?

How much juice are you going through?

Last edited:

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
“Still”? Yes. I’m likely to keep doing so too. My experience with pod mods is they are anemic, inflexible, and very expensive in the long term. They are slightly less likely to leak, but only slightly. I’ve been planning to buy a regulated squonk mod for some time but am waiting for a two battery dna C series squonk mod to hit the market.
They disappear fast...
LOST VAPE Therion BF DNA75C Squonk Mod-$146.87 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

robby_h

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
i dripped for years and swapped to RTA's for the convenience and less mess. Recently just got my first squonk a Vandy Vape Pulse. Its nice I love it, but has not hit my top 3 vapes yet and will never leave the house with it. Love it but RTA' are still the way to go for me. If my out of the house vape was not a Billet Box it could be diifferent though.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Currently, I have three Kayfun Lites, a Vandy Vape Beserker, Digiflavor Siren 2, and an Innokin Ares filled and ready all the time. I switch back and forth, but mostly I'm vaping a Kayfun. It's hard to break old habits and stop dancing with the one that brung ya.

I'm still waiting for the do everything RTA that knocks the others off the table.

mav_sd

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Spring, TX

The Lost Vape Drone was the closest so far...and I really really wanted to love the mod, but it's just so-so for me... it's the heaviest mod I own, the bottles aren't big, and the way the cut out is designed, they are harder to use. Love the personalized loading screen, and the DNA goodies, but don't use the mod... even though it is pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread