Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Very occasionally I'll take one stealth puff somewhere, but generally my public vaping is outdoors. (In NYC there aren't many public indoor places you can vape.) If I won't be able to vape for a while (e.g. on a train) I sometimes turn the battery off and suck a few times, hoping the flavor will trick my mind into thinking it got a little nicotine.

A few months ago, I was vaping at the train station near my Dad's, waiting to get in. They can take a few people if we're going in the same direction. A second lady was heading my way so I started to get in the cab. She started screeching
Lady: I can't sit next to someone who's smoking.
Me: I'm not smoking. This is elec...
Lady: But you were. I saw you. I can't sit next to you and go see my grandchildren.
Me: This is an electronic cigarette and I'm not using tobacco flavor.
Lady: I can't sit in the cab with you when I'm going to my grandchildren's.

She got in another cab, thereby saving her grandchildren from thinking she had started caramel macchiato cheesecaking.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I wonder what "public" means in this context. Here in Alabama there aren't many legal restrictions, and vaping in most places is not legally considered the same as smoking. So if i'm outdoors, i vape, but not in large crowds. Indoors, it depends on whether the business allows it and courtesy to those I'm with and those around me (ie,, bars-yes, restaurants-not usually, movies- no). It's easy enough to be courteous and/or stealthy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread